pawelw
07-05 01:51 AM
My I140 (and I485) were filed in May 2010 (EB2, NSC). My attorney just notified me they received an RFE regarding my eduction. Apparently USCIS needs more details on my MSc degree from Poland (integrated, 5 years) and explanation why is it equivalent US masters degree.
Has anyone had a similar hurdle when filing under EB2 with a degree like that? Should I be terribly worried about getting my I140 approved or do cases like that normally go through (provided that an RFE is correctly replied to)?
Has anyone had a similar hurdle when filing under EB2 with a degree like that? Should I be terribly worried about getting my I140 approved or do cases like that normally go through (provided that an RFE is correctly replied to)?
wallpaper Lord
aim-high
03-24 04:32 PM
I am planning to apply for Schengen visa in an Italian consulate. I have an expired H1 but a valid AP. According to the italian consulate website, here is one of the visa requirements
"passport or travel document valid for at least three months after visa expiry date"
My passport is expiring in 2 years but my AP will be expiring in about 2 1/2 months from the Schengen visa expiry. Will I have an issue getting a visa ?
Do I have a workaround ?
Thanks
"passport or travel document valid for at least three months after visa expiry date"
My passport is expiring in 2 years but my AP will be expiring in about 2 1/2 months from the Schengen visa expiry. Will I have an issue getting a visa ?
Do I have a workaround ?
Thanks
rockstart
07-20 08:32 PM
Spoke to Virgin Atlantic cust rep last week for flight from US to India via London and they said they cannot accept Advance Parole for transit and I would need UK Transit Visa or Valid US visa.
2011 malayalam movie kabuliwala
vennella
06-18 02:46 PM
Thank you frostrated for your reply!
I have valid H-1 visa to re-enter US. My visa is valid till Dec 2011. I already got that stamped when i went to india last year.
So I shouldn't run into any problems at the port of entry, even if my AP gets approved while I am out of the country, right? Thanks so much for taking time to answer.
I have valid H-1 visa to re-enter US. My visa is valid till Dec 2011. I already got that stamped when i went to india last year.
So I shouldn't run into any problems at the port of entry, even if my AP gets approved while I am out of the country, right? Thanks so much for taking time to answer.
more...
munnu77
02-15 01:42 AM
Hello Guys,
I lost my job last week and we have decided to return back to India.
Filed 2 times for GC and got stalled for some reason or another. I am on my 7th year extension. We decided to go back due to frustrtion of Immi. policies and other personel reasons.
I was one of the first 500 members in immigrationvoice.com.(but was not so actively involved)
Still remember those days in 2005, I was an active member of another website callled us immigration america travel news at isnamerica.org (http://www.isnamerica.org). (new members might not know abt this site)
I was very critical of IV during it was formed, but became a member after I got a call from one of the founders of IV.(dont remember who?)
Anyway, Good luck to all you guys.....And Wish u all success.
I have a Q
Does anybody know, how much money you can take to India when you travel? I am travelling with my wife. So i guess each person can take so much? Cash, Travellers check?
If anybody give me a website, i would appreciate it.
Thank you
I lost my job last week and we have decided to return back to India.
Filed 2 times for GC and got stalled for some reason or another. I am on my 7th year extension. We decided to go back due to frustrtion of Immi. policies and other personel reasons.
I was one of the first 500 members in immigrationvoice.com.(but was not so actively involved)
Still remember those days in 2005, I was an active member of another website callled us immigration america travel news at isnamerica.org (http://www.isnamerica.org). (new members might not know abt this site)
I was very critical of IV during it was formed, but became a member after I got a call from one of the founders of IV.(dont remember who?)
Anyway, Good luck to all you guys.....And Wish u all success.
I have a Q
Does anybody know, how much money you can take to India when you travel? I am travelling with my wife. So i guess each person can take so much? Cash, Travellers check?
If anybody give me a website, i would appreciate it.
Thank you
waiting4gc02
02-28 03:31 PM
Thanks for the suggestion.
But she has to travel to India in the next 2 weeks and also my I-797 will not be approved till another 2 months.
Anybody else has any other suggestions for the question above.
Thanks
But she has to travel to India in the next 2 weeks and also my I-797 will not be approved till another 2 months.
Anybody else has any other suggestions for the question above.
Thanks
more...
Blog Feeds
01-26 09:00 AM
01/25/2011
Article by Frank Aquila of Bloomberg BusinessWeek who underscores several reasons why lifting the cap on H-1B petitions is essential for US Tech growth including the fact that "The U.S. Labor Dept. estimates that by 2014, 2 million high-tech jobs will go unfilled simply because the cap on H-1B visas has not been raised."
Read Article (http://www.businessweek.com/investor/content/jan2011/pi20110118_876603.htm)
More... (http://ashwinsharma.com/2011/01/25/bloomberg-businessweek-article---h-1b-visas-a-modest-proposal-for-immigration-reform.aspx?ref=rss)
Article by Frank Aquila of Bloomberg BusinessWeek who underscores several reasons why lifting the cap on H-1B petitions is essential for US Tech growth including the fact that "The U.S. Labor Dept. estimates that by 2014, 2 million high-tech jobs will go unfilled simply because the cap on H-1B visas has not been raised."
Read Article (http://www.businessweek.com/investor/content/jan2011/pi20110118_876603.htm)
More... (http://ashwinsharma.com/2011/01/25/bloomberg-businessweek-article---h-1b-visas-a-modest-proposal-for-immigration-reform.aspx?ref=rss)
2010 kabuliwala story in hindi.
Blog Feeds
11-16 02:40 AM
As we move closer to an Immigration reform, even government officials agree that such major change is very necessary. Here are some remarks by Secretary Napolitano on Immigration Reform at the Center for American Progress:
Over the past year, as this Administration has pursued more effective strategies within the current laws, the picture of how exactly those laws need to be changed has become clearer than ever before. In the past ten months, we have made tough choices, and implemented significant reforms within the current legal framework�but they are not enough to create the system that we want or that we need. If we are truly going to fix a broken system, Congress will have to act.When it comes to immigration, I took an oath as Secretary of Homeland Security to secure the nation by enforcing the law and managing legal flows across the border. Let me be clear: to do this job as effectively as possible, DHS needs immigration reform.Reform legislation would provide lasting and dedicated resources at our borders, and provide some critical legal tools that we don�t currently have to combat smuggling organizations. For example, we need tougher anti-smuggling laws in dealing with the aggravated crimes smugglers commit�including assaulting law enforcement officers, endangering children, threatening relatives and abandoning people in the desert� hundreds of whom succumb to death from heat and lack of water. We also need to update current laws that don�t cover some of the new means by which criminals conduct their business. For instance, today�s smugglers and drug traffickers often move cash through �stored value� cards, which aren�t even considered monetary instruments under the current money-smuggling laws.In addition, we need improvements to the current law when it comes to interior and worksite enforcement. Dishonest businesses often ignore the civil fines for illegal employment now on the books because they�re so low. It�s also very difficult to prosecute these crimes as felonies because of the over-elaborate intent requirements built into the current statutes.
Read more here... (http://www.dhs.gov/ynews/speeches/sp_1258123461050.shtm)
More... (http://www.visalawyerblog.com/2009/11/why_dhs_needs_immigration_refo.html)
Over the past year, as this Administration has pursued more effective strategies within the current laws, the picture of how exactly those laws need to be changed has become clearer than ever before. In the past ten months, we have made tough choices, and implemented significant reforms within the current legal framework�but they are not enough to create the system that we want or that we need. If we are truly going to fix a broken system, Congress will have to act.When it comes to immigration, I took an oath as Secretary of Homeland Security to secure the nation by enforcing the law and managing legal flows across the border. Let me be clear: to do this job as effectively as possible, DHS needs immigration reform.Reform legislation would provide lasting and dedicated resources at our borders, and provide some critical legal tools that we don�t currently have to combat smuggling organizations. For example, we need tougher anti-smuggling laws in dealing with the aggravated crimes smugglers commit�including assaulting law enforcement officers, endangering children, threatening relatives and abandoning people in the desert� hundreds of whom succumb to death from heat and lack of water. We also need to update current laws that don�t cover some of the new means by which criminals conduct their business. For instance, today�s smugglers and drug traffickers often move cash through �stored value� cards, which aren�t even considered monetary instruments under the current money-smuggling laws.In addition, we need improvements to the current law when it comes to interior and worksite enforcement. Dishonest businesses often ignore the civil fines for illegal employment now on the books because they�re so low. It�s also very difficult to prosecute these crimes as felonies because of the over-elaborate intent requirements built into the current statutes.
Read more here... (http://www.dhs.gov/ynews/speeches/sp_1258123461050.shtm)
More... (http://www.visalawyerblog.com/2009/11/why_dhs_needs_immigration_refo.html)
more...
rpatel
12-12 11:33 AM
Thanks for your reply
What if the case is where I want to take up a new full time position and convert my current full time position to part time.....I guess one way to do it would be to transfer H1 to the new employer...wait for an approval and then file for another concurrent H1 for the part time job with the old company..But the problem is I'd have to wait until new approval comes...and also convince both companies to shell out 2k plus in filing fees....does any one have a better alternative ? Thanks again
What if the case is where I want to take up a new full time position and convert my current full time position to part time.....I guess one way to do it would be to transfer H1 to the new employer...wait for an approval and then file for another concurrent H1 for the part time job with the old company..But the problem is I'd have to wait until new approval comes...and also convince both companies to shell out 2k plus in filing fees....does any one have a better alternative ? Thanks again
hair a far-off land are so dear
Prashanthi
07-22 05:50 PM
Hi
My H1 is due for extension this year end.
Valid period of H1 remaining is 1 1/2 year since extension
I understand that H1 extension has to go through the rigorous procedure nowadays.
It needs client letter stating that project will last for 1 year.
Getting such letter is not possible.
So having I140 approved makes thing easy for H1 extension? Or same process for h1 extension is followed
Please reply
Thanks
Abbey
Same process for a H-1 even if you get an I-140 approval, they may not require the client to say that the project will last for 1 year, i have seen that it is sufficient to say that the project is extendable. Ofcourse you might get an officer who is unreasonable, in which case you can file an appeal, no requirement in the law to ask for an 1 year contract to get a H-1.
My H1 is due for extension this year end.
Valid period of H1 remaining is 1 1/2 year since extension
I understand that H1 extension has to go through the rigorous procedure nowadays.
It needs client letter stating that project will last for 1 year.
Getting such letter is not possible.
So having I140 approved makes thing easy for H1 extension? Or same process for h1 extension is followed
Please reply
Thanks
Abbey
Same process for a H-1 even if you get an I-140 approval, they may not require the client to say that the project will last for 1 year, i have seen that it is sufficient to say that the project is extendable. Ofcourse you might get an officer who is unreasonable, in which case you can file an appeal, no requirement in the law to ask for an 1 year contract to get a H-1.
more...
archpai
12-07 10:24 PM
Hi,
I took my 2.5 year old to the FP.
The security officer did not ask anything about him.I was allowed to go with my son.There was no problem.
I took my 2.5 year old to the FP.
The security officer did not ask anything about him.I was allowed to go with my son.There was no problem.
hot The story of the film is set

Green Card Aspirant
05-01 12:05 AM
Congrats and enjoy your freedom of mobility
more...
house cinema Hindi cinema
dohko
01-07 10:57 AM
Hi
I currently work as Market Research Analyst. Can I get approved for EB2 with MBA+0? Company is willing to help. Would requiring a foreign language help?
I have some experience from before I got my BS and my MBA can that be used?
Thanks
I currently work as Market Research Analyst. Can I get approved for EB2 with MBA+0? Company is willing to help. Would requiring a foreign language help?
I have some experience from before I got my BS and my MBA can that be used?
Thanks
tattoo kabuliwala story. kabuliwala
loudoggs
08-10 12:07 PM
If company B is sponsoring your GC, they have to prove that the salary they will offer you after getting your GC, is equal or above the prevailing wage. As long as they are able to do that you should be okay. You just have to go and work for Company B once you get your GC.
I don't think it matters what you are making right now. This is my understanding.
I currently work in a big IT consulting firm (company A) thru H1. My uncle owns a very small (less than 100 ppl) consulting shop (company B). I want to join his company, but i dont want to transfer my h1 since B is small and there is lot more job stability in company A. So B is willing to sponsor future employment GC for me.
I will be joining company B in the same job desc as im working in company A. As it looks right now, I might have to take a small cut in salary to join company B, however im sure that salary difference will be a lot more once it gets to the 485 stages.
What do you think are the risks as compared to having a GC sponsored through a company where u already hold a H1? I understand that my intention to join might become an issue because of the salary issue, but wouldn't that be the case even if i filed for Company A, since company A would file a LC based on current wage and by the time of 485, I will be making a lot more.
I don't think it matters what you are making right now. This is my understanding.
I currently work in a big IT consulting firm (company A) thru H1. My uncle owns a very small (less than 100 ppl) consulting shop (company B). I want to join his company, but i dont want to transfer my h1 since B is small and there is lot more job stability in company A. So B is willing to sponsor future employment GC for me.
I will be joining company B in the same job desc as im working in company A. As it looks right now, I might have to take a small cut in salary to join company B, however im sure that salary difference will be a lot more once it gets to the 485 stages.
What do you think are the risks as compared to having a GC sponsored through a company where u already hold a H1? I understand that my intention to join might become an issue because of the salary issue, but wouldn't that be the case even if i filed for Company A, since company A would file a LC based on current wage and by the time of 485, I will be making a lot more.
more...
pictures kabuliwala malayalam movie
boston_gc
01-26 06:30 PM
I am in the same situation. I am on my 8th year of H1 and this is for the first time I am have heard so much hoopla that has made me real nervous. My lawyer has advised me against taking any risk. I already have the tickets but I am planning to postpone, apply for EAD and only then go to India.
Please note that this is only me and I might have a comletely different risk tolerance than you might have.
I am planning to visit India during May 2011. I am working in multinational company as civil engineer (on H1-B). I have PhD from US uni. I am reading a lot about visa stamping probs these days. Please help me taking decision whether to take chance (& visit India) or not. will appreciate any advises especially from ppl with such recent experience. Thanks.
Please note that this is only me and I might have a comletely different risk tolerance than you might have.
I am planning to visit India during May 2011. I am working in multinational company as civil engineer (on H1-B). I have PhD from US uni. I am reading a lot about visa stamping probs these days. Please help me taking decision whether to take chance (& visit India) or not. will appreciate any advises especially from ppl with such recent experience. Thanks.
dresses kabuliwala story in hindi.
roseball
07-26 09:03 PM
Hi All,
My 6th year finishes October 2010. My LC is pending for more than one year. If I transfer my H1B from Company A to Company B, Can I get 7th year extension with Company B based on pending Labor with Company A?
Thanks
Yes, company B can file for extension of your H1 for 1 yr by attaching proof of labor filing showing it has been filed and its pending for more than an year.
My 6th year finishes October 2010. My LC is pending for more than one year. If I transfer my H1B from Company A to Company B, Can I get 7th year extension with Company B based on pending Labor with Company A?
Thanks
Yes, company B can file for extension of your H1 for 1 yr by attaching proof of labor filing showing it has been filed and its pending for more than an year.
more...
makeup A Strange Love Story
Dakshini R. Sen
06-24 11:34 PM
Enter your employer's name and address in question number 15. The advice you have got from the IO is not correct. You will not be put into deportation the moment you lose your job. You have time to either transfer your H1 or file a petition for a change of status to another classification.
Dakshini R. Sen, P.C.
Law Offices of Dakshini R. Sen P.C. , Immigration Lawyer US. (http://www.dakshinisen.com)
212-242-1677
713-278-1677
Dakshini R. Sen, P.C.
Law Offices of Dakshini R. Sen P.C. , Immigration Lawyer US. (http://www.dakshinisen.com)
212-242-1677
713-278-1677
girlfriend Malla, 56, remembering his
vban2007
09-17 01:53 PM
The case will be sent back to USCIS and they will decide the further action or you can tranfer you H1b to other employers
hairstyles kabuliwala story by
kirupa
02-11 01:37 AM
What does your code currently look like?
morchu
05-27 12:44 PM
Wrong info.
Denial of "extension of stay" wont invalidate "visa stamping".
also if you get denial stamp no longer be valid. This is what I also read online.
Denial of "extension of stay" wont invalidate "visa stamping".
also if you get denial stamp no longer be valid. This is what I also read online.
MeraNoAayega
04-16 08:27 AM
anyone, would appreciate any suggestions
Thanks!
Start process for new labor.
Thanks!
Start process for new labor.
No comments:
Post a Comment