hpandey
12-30 09:05 PM
hi All,
i'm new to this forum.please advice on my situation.
I was on F1 earlier and now I am on H1b from jan 2007.
I am the first person for whom company filed H1B and got approved.
I am the only person on my companies payroll and only person on their H1B. Is that going to be a probelm if i go for H1B stamping to mexico?
If i go for stamping to mexico, What sort of questions i will be asked?
Please help me ...
Thanks
I think its risky everywhere Mexico\Canada\India with a one person company. So make sure you have a valid F1 to come back or I would suggest that you wait for some more time so that you have more paystubs \ company has good annual returns so that you have all kind of documentation to show what the officers would ask you .
On a separate note I hope you know about the PIMS rule for visa stamping due to which it might take more time for visa stamping ( they say two days approx. but could be more ) . So if you do decide to go to Mexico plan to stay there appropriately due to this new visa stamping process ( has the PIMS process already begun ?? )
i'm new to this forum.please advice on my situation.
I was on F1 earlier and now I am on H1b from jan 2007.
I am the first person for whom company filed H1B and got approved.
I am the only person on my companies payroll and only person on their H1B. Is that going to be a probelm if i go for H1B stamping to mexico?
If i go for stamping to mexico, What sort of questions i will be asked?
Please help me ...
Thanks
I think its risky everywhere Mexico\Canada\India with a one person company. So make sure you have a valid F1 to come back or I would suggest that you wait for some more time so that you have more paystubs \ company has good annual returns so that you have all kind of documentation to show what the officers would ask you .
On a separate note I hope you know about the PIMS rule for visa stamping due to which it might take more time for visa stamping ( they say two days approx. but could be more ) . So if you do decide to go to Mexico plan to stay there appropriately due to this new visa stamping process ( has the PIMS process already begun ?? )
wallpaper Converse Shoes Wallpaper,
shantanup
03-18 11:10 AM
How did you manage not to work for ABC if they processed visa for you? Why did ABC apply for your visa in first place if they had no work for you? You seem to have acquired H1B visa first and then you are looking for a job. Is it not a fraud? This is what anti-immigrants target and I don't disagree with them. There has to be a job position first and then there can be a visa associated with it, not the other way round. This is how people abuse the immigration system and then it becomes an easy target by anti-immigrants.
raminmd
08-14 05:00 PM
Hi all:
I am a July 2nd filer and I was not married at the time of my green card application. My green card was files under EB2 and my priority date is March 06. I got married in November 07 and got my wife to the US under H4. When the dates became current for March 06, we sent my wife's 485 app in on the 2nd to USCIS. We got a rejection notice this Tuesday (12th) with a notice date of the 4th saying that her "priority date could not be established". My lawyer received the package back today and said that she thinks it was wrongfully rejected and everything was o.k. We were going to resend the application today.
However, I just got an approval email for my I-485 and the online status has been changed to approved too.
What are my options here? Will USCIS accept the application if we sent it in? Does this mean she is out of status?
We are really worried. Has anyone been in this situation? What is the best way to resolve this?
I can honestly say that I never thought I would look at my 485 approval and get depressed.
Thanks.
I am a July 2nd filer and I was not married at the time of my green card application. My green card was files under EB2 and my priority date is March 06. I got married in November 07 and got my wife to the US under H4. When the dates became current for March 06, we sent my wife's 485 app in on the 2nd to USCIS. We got a rejection notice this Tuesday (12th) with a notice date of the 4th saying that her "priority date could not be established". My lawyer received the package back today and said that she thinks it was wrongfully rejected and everything was o.k. We were going to resend the application today.
However, I just got an approval email for my I-485 and the online status has been changed to approved too.
What are my options here? Will USCIS accept the application if we sent it in? Does this mean she is out of status?
We are really worried. Has anyone been in this situation? What is the best way to resolve this?
I can honestly say that I never thought I would look at my 485 approval and get depressed.
Thanks.
2011 Retro Converse Wallpaper
Canadian_Dream
07-25 01:51 PM
Keep both applications going. Yes you would need a physical copy of labor to file the second one. You can later withdraw the first one when your second I-140 with a better priority date is approved. You can also interfile the I485 when your second I-140 is approved (based on your own labor). The only caveat is your priority date must be current when you interfile. Check Pearson Memo on Interfiling.
Do the following:
If you receive physical copy before AUG 17:
1. File I-140/I-485 with your OWN labor before AUG-17.
2. Do not apply for EAD and AP on the second one.
3. Withdraw the first I-485 application when your I-140 on the second one is approved. (This will give you better priority date and no hassle of two applications)
4. You can continue using EAD/AP filed with the first applications.
If you don't receive the physical copy before AUG-17
1. File I-140 whenever you receive the physical copy.
2. In the mean while your current I-140/I485 application based on substituted
labor will be processed as usual.
3. You can receive EAD/AP (Try not to use it though !!)
4. Whenever your second I-140 is approved and your priority date is current interfile the I-485 based on substituted labor with your approved I-140 with better PD.
Good Luck.
My company ( biggie US firm) filed 140 and 485 on a substituted LC on July 2.
Now my own LC which was pending in BEC (and which has better PD) is approved. Can I file 140 on this? Since substitution is risky, I want to use this 140 for my 485 (over the substituted one) ? How do I do that?
Do I need physical copy of my approved LC to file 140?
Replies will be greatly appreciated
Do the following:
If you receive physical copy before AUG 17:
1. File I-140/I-485 with your OWN labor before AUG-17.
2. Do not apply for EAD and AP on the second one.
3. Withdraw the first I-485 application when your I-140 on the second one is approved. (This will give you better priority date and no hassle of two applications)
4. You can continue using EAD/AP filed with the first applications.
If you don't receive the physical copy before AUG-17
1. File I-140 whenever you receive the physical copy.
2. In the mean while your current I-140/I485 application based on substituted
labor will be processed as usual.
3. You can receive EAD/AP (Try not to use it though !!)
4. Whenever your second I-140 is approved and your priority date is current interfile the I-485 based on substituted labor with your approved I-140 with better PD.
Good Luck.
My company ( biggie US firm) filed 140 and 485 on a substituted LC on July 2.
Now my own LC which was pending in BEC (and which has better PD) is approved. Can I file 140 on this? Since substitution is risky, I want to use this 140 for my 485 (over the substituted one) ? How do I do that?
Do I need physical copy of my approved LC to file 140?
Replies will be greatly appreciated
more...
frostrated
10-26 02:07 PM
EAD is required for only working IN the country. If you want to work for a company office that is located in the US, but perform the work remotely, then you need to have a legal status in the country where you are going to stay. The taxes you pay will be in the city where the office is located, not where you perform the work remotely. Just keep your EAD and AP current, and visit the US every now and then so as not to jeopardize your 485 application.
rangeela
10-17 01:04 PM
Hi All,
I have got fingerprint notice and appointment is after 3 weeks in Charlotte NC. I will not be available on that day and do not want to postpone the appointment.
I would like to prepone the appointment and I tried to find Charlotte USCIS local phone number but could not find anywhere. The only number is general 800 number and that was of no use.
Does anyone have any experience with Charlotte office? Can I just go there and will they do fingerprint any day before actual appointment? Charlotte is around 4 hours drive. It will be painful to drive there and find that they don't do fingerprint before appointment day. What day is normally good if I want to take the chance? Have anyone actually called them and prepone the appointment? What is the local office phone number?
These are two many questions. But all are related. Sorry for being so long and thanks in advance for your response...
rangeela....
I have got fingerprint notice and appointment is after 3 weeks in Charlotte NC. I will not be available on that day and do not want to postpone the appointment.
I would like to prepone the appointment and I tried to find Charlotte USCIS local phone number but could not find anywhere. The only number is general 800 number and that was of no use.
Does anyone have any experience with Charlotte office? Can I just go there and will they do fingerprint any day before actual appointment? Charlotte is around 4 hours drive. It will be painful to drive there and find that they don't do fingerprint before appointment day. What day is normally good if I want to take the chance? Have anyone actually called them and prepone the appointment? What is the local office phone number?
These are two many questions. But all are related. Sorry for being so long and thanks in advance for your response...
rangeela....
more...
redgreen
08-09 11:40 AM
Have you put a last date for cashing, on your check?? I just want to know how to do it?
Anyway why did you put this Aug 17th as the last day in your check? It looks like you have some extraordinary vision on things....
Thanks for your wisdom and help to the IV community.
Anybody with July 19th receipt date got their Check encashed? How about Receipt Notice? EB-3 India.
I am worried about checks not being cashed yet. After Aug 17th the window is closed.
Anyway why did you put this Aug 17th as the last day in your check? It looks like you have some extraordinary vision on things....
Thanks for your wisdom and help to the IV community.
Anybody with July 19th receipt date got their Check encashed? How about Receipt Notice? EB-3 India.
I am worried about checks not being cashed yet. After Aug 17th the window is closed.
2010 film rental wallpapers,
elusive
07-12 04:54 PM
Thanks Very Much Anne,
USCIS received the response packet today around Noon, Hoping to get 3 years extension and don't want to go through the pain of EE docs, end client letters, SOW,....at least for next 3 years ..well i forgot If I exit ti still remains a problem...
You should not have to pack up your belongings just yet. Chapter 10.5(b)(3) of the USCIS Adjudicator's Field Manual states:"Responses are timely filed if they are received by mail no more than three days after the due date, as provided for at 8 CFR 103.5(b) ." As long as USCIS receives your RFE response today or tomorrow, there ought not to be any problem. Also, because the "deadline" of July 10th fell on a Saturday there is a required automatic extension to Monday.
For future reference, here are a few things to keep in mind regarding USCIS filing deadlines:
1. "Filed" = actually received by USCIS. post marks or airbills showing date sent do not matter
2. USCIS generally will not accept mail or courier deliveries on Saturdays, Sundays or Federal holidays.
3. Saturdays, Sundays and Federal holidays must be included when calculating time periods.
4. However, if the deadline actually falls on a Saturday, Sunday or Federal holiday, the deadline is extended to the next day that is not a Saturday, Sunday or Federal holiday. 8 CFR �1.1(h).
Hope this helps,
Ann
USCIS received the response packet today around Noon, Hoping to get 3 years extension and don't want to go through the pain of EE docs, end client letters, SOW,....at least for next 3 years ..well i forgot If I exit ti still remains a problem...
You should not have to pack up your belongings just yet. Chapter 10.5(b)(3) of the USCIS Adjudicator's Field Manual states:"Responses are timely filed if they are received by mail no more than three days after the due date, as provided for at 8 CFR 103.5(b) ." As long as USCIS receives your RFE response today or tomorrow, there ought not to be any problem. Also, because the "deadline" of July 10th fell on a Saturday there is a required automatic extension to Monday.
For future reference, here are a few things to keep in mind regarding USCIS filing deadlines:
1. "Filed" = actually received by USCIS. post marks or airbills showing date sent do not matter
2. USCIS generally will not accept mail or courier deliveries on Saturdays, Sundays or Federal holidays.
3. Saturdays, Sundays and Federal holidays must be included when calculating time periods.
4. However, if the deadline actually falls on a Saturday, Sunday or Federal holiday, the deadline is extended to the next day that is not a Saturday, Sunday or Federal holiday. 8 CFR �1.1(h).
Hope this helps,
Ann
more...
mallu
12-16 03:53 PM
USCIS refuses to give this data to anybody. They are not willing to give any break up.
The sky will fall down if they do that
The sky will fall down if they do that
hair converse wallpapers. Converse-mobile-wallpaper; Converse-mobile-wallpaper

Aah_GC
06-14 08:35 PM
This thread may help you. http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18737
Thanks Dhudhun, your thread was very helpful. Created this one so we could just focus on the Supporting documents for eFile EAD. (USCIS site does not talk about it at all).
Thanks Dhudhun, your thread was very helpful. Created this one so we could just focus on the Supporting documents for eFile EAD. (USCIS site does not talk about it at all).
more...
Ramba
03-24 09:21 PM
Our demand should be reasonable.. The law makers knows what kind of people they want. One may have MBA or MA, and they may feel their degree is valuable to America. However it is up to the lawmakers to decide what they want.
One guy was asking whether social science considered as science as it is having science. I am not undermining any degree or any branch. We have to appricate atleast they are excempting STEM from numarical count.
As knnmbd said, the period of IT is over. Manufacturing has gone to China. IT has gone to India. What america need at this moment is innovation, research, new technology, alternate energy to overcome growing energy crisis, environmental care health care, nanotechnology, any advanced research to keep america in leading edge. Thats why lawmakers are talking about STEM.
One guy was asking whether social science considered as science as it is having science. I am not undermining any degree or any branch. We have to appricate atleast they are excempting STEM from numarical count.
As knnmbd said, the period of IT is over. Manufacturing has gone to China. IT has gone to India. What america need at this moment is innovation, research, new technology, alternate energy to overcome growing energy crisis, environmental care health care, nanotechnology, any advanced research to keep america in leading edge. Thats why lawmakers are talking about STEM.
hot Converse Wallpapers for
shantanup
11-05 02:14 PM
I find it difficult to digest that parents ship their infant children to someone else to raise.
more...
house converse wallpapers. converse Wallpaper
shree09
08-08 06:14 PM
Thanks to everyone who replied.
I have got sufficient replies so it looks like it is OK to do both H1 Stamping and landing together.
Do you have any suggestions for the canadian places. I heard Vancouver is popular.
Is one place better than another one..
Any info will be really helpful
I have got sufficient replies so it looks like it is OK to do both H1 Stamping and landing together.
Do you have any suggestions for the canadian places. I heard Vancouver is popular.
Is one place better than another one..
Any info will be really helpful
tattoo converse lover couple hug
sri1309
11-02 01:48 PM
All,
Please CONGRATULATE to the new President on Tuesday by all channels and DEFINITELY ASK the question " Now that you are the president, do you want to further punish us for being legal and sticking to the rules and hence make us wait forever in these long painful EB2/EB3-I long queues, . Mention about 5882, small admin fix.
or
does he want to give us some immediate relief. Dont forget to mention we can buy houses, not new job applicants, legal etc and HIgh-skilled.
Thanks,
Please CONGRATULATE to the new President on Tuesday by all channels and DEFINITELY ASK the question " Now that you are the president, do you want to further punish us for being legal and sticking to the rules and hence make us wait forever in these long painful EB2/EB3-I long queues, . Mention about 5882, small admin fix.
or
does he want to give us some immediate relief. Dont forget to mention we can buy houses, not new job applicants, legal etc and HIgh-skilled.
Thanks,
more...
pictures Related Wallpapers. converse
Alabaman
08-21 10:44 AM
Contact them for what?
dresses Converse iPhone Wallpapers
dealsnet
04-06 03:54 PM
I have the denial letter. If you PM your email, I can send to you.
USCIS mentioned about EDGE database and denied. (they are using EDGE for comparison)
You cannot get a rule from internet, but you can see their denial decision letter from the affected people and read their new found vision.
http://aacraoedge.aacrao.org/
ALSO READ MURTHY'S CONCERN OF USCIS USING EDGE DATABASE.
THEY give (Indian) MSC only equal to US bachelors.
http://www.murthy.com/news/n_mtaedg.html
You have not still answered my question for official source or link for your claim. I don't care how third party evaluator evaluates. I have seen so many varying evaluations done.
Also, your calculation 3+1+2=6 is incorrect. Since this is BSc+BEd+MSc. For MSc, BEd is not needed and therefore you can't add time spent for BEd. Just like two BSc degrees do not make it equivalent to MSc.
If this one year program is not BEd, but "post graduate" diploma, still it is not going to work, since that "diploma" is not required for MSc.
_________________
Not a legal advice.
USCIS mentioned about EDGE database and denied. (they are using EDGE for comparison)
You cannot get a rule from internet, but you can see their denial decision letter from the affected people and read their new found vision.
http://aacraoedge.aacrao.org/
ALSO READ MURTHY'S CONCERN OF USCIS USING EDGE DATABASE.
THEY give (Indian) MSC only equal to US bachelors.
http://www.murthy.com/news/n_mtaedg.html
You have not still answered my question for official source or link for your claim. I don't care how third party evaluator evaluates. I have seen so many varying evaluations done.
Also, your calculation 3+1+2=6 is incorrect. Since this is BSc+BEd+MSc. For MSc, BEd is not needed and therefore you can't add time spent for BEd. Just like two BSc degrees do not make it equivalent to MSc.
If this one year program is not BEd, but "post graduate" diploma, still it is not going to work, since that "diploma" is not required for MSc.
_________________
Not a legal advice.
more...
makeup Converse - Converse Wallpaper
saurin
02-09 09:24 AM
I inquired about the possiblity of LOA and that is definately possible according to my manager. Now how to get paystubs when there is an RFE?
girlfriend converse wallpapers. Converse-chuck-taylor-all-star
onemorecame
06-11 04:41 PM
Does anyone out there knows when is the next visa bulletin,I mean with the date the bulletin will be released?
Zee.
People are getting confuse with this thread. Please close this.
you can check July Bulletin in :
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html
Zee.
People are getting confuse with this thread. Please close this.
you can check July Bulletin in :
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html
hairstyles Request Converse Wallpapers
gcseeker2002
02-07 10:56 AM
I was reading through a thread here where someone said that since LC substition will be banned soon and 140 will have to be applied within 45 days of labor approval else LC becomes invalid, so it would not be possible to transfer the priority date of a old LC which has I140 approved to a new LC that could be filed in another category since it would be more than 45 days since the old LC was approved. Is this true, if yes, this is the final blow to those apirants in Eb3 aspiring to transfer PD by reapplying in Perm Eb2 and transferring PD based on approved I140. Please respond with comments. Thanks.
Oh NO, if this happens then it will close the last door on many people.
Oh NO, if this happens then it will close the last door on many people.
raysaikat
03-06 05:47 PM
Thanks for the response forgerator. But I would argue that, the problem lies in the fact that there's no obvious link between my work and college major. So if I'm able to somehow re-establish that link, it's still possible to get an H1B. I understand that most H1B visas went to people who work in IT, finance, etc. But I don't see that as an absolute impediment in terms of me getting one.
The key here is that the degree you have attained must be "required" by the job. So you need find a job that requires a degree in French.
Here is the exact language of the law from 8 CFR:
"(iii) Criteria for H-1B petitions involving a specialty occupation.
(A) Standards for specialty occupation position. To qualify as a specialty occupation, the position must meet one of the following criteria:
( 1 ) A baccalaureate or higher degree or its equivalent is normally the minimum requirement for entry into the particular position;
( 2 ) The degree requirement is common to the industry in parallel positions among similar organizations or, in the alternative, an employer may show that its particular position is so complex or unique that it can be performed only by an individual with a degree;
( 3 ) The employer normally requires a degree or its equivalent for the position; or
( 4 ) The nature of the sp ecific duties are so specialized and complex that knowledge required to perform the duties is usually associated with the attainment of a baccalaureate or higher degree.
(B) Petitioner requirements. The petitioner shall submit the following with an H-1B petition involving a specialty occupation:
( 1 ) A certification from the Secretary of Labor that the petitioner has filed a labor condition application with the Secretary,
( 2 ) A statement that it will comply with the terms of the labor condition application for the duration of the alien's authorized period of stay,
( 3 ) Evidence that the alien qualifies to perform services in the specialty occupation as described in paragraph (h)(4)(iii)(A) of this section, and
(C) Beneficiary qualifications. To qualify to perform services in a specialty occupation, the alien must meet one of the following criteria:
( 1 ) Hold a United States baccalaureate or higher degree required by the specialty occupation from an accredited college or university;
( 2 ) Hold a foreign degree determined to be equivalent to a United States baccalaureate or higher degree required by the specialty occupation from an accredited college or university;
( 3 ) Hold an unrestricted state license, registration or certification which authorizes him or her to fully practice the specialty occupation and be immediately engaged in that specialty in the state of intended employment; or
( 4 ) Have education , specialized training, and/or progressively responsible experience that is equivalent to completion of a United States baccalaureate or higher degree in the specialty occupation, and have recognition of expertise in the specialty through progressively responsible positions directly related to the specialty."
More from USCIS:
USCIS - H-1B Specialty Occupations and Fashion Models (http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=73566811264a3210VgnVCM100000b92ca60aRCR D&vgnextchannel=73566811264a3210VgnVCM100000b92ca60a RCRD)
The key here is that the degree you have attained must be "required" by the job. So you need find a job that requires a degree in French.
Here is the exact language of the law from 8 CFR:
"(iii) Criteria for H-1B petitions involving a specialty occupation.
(A) Standards for specialty occupation position. To qualify as a specialty occupation, the position must meet one of the following criteria:
( 1 ) A baccalaureate or higher degree or its equivalent is normally the minimum requirement for entry into the particular position;
( 2 ) The degree requirement is common to the industry in parallel positions among similar organizations or, in the alternative, an employer may show that its particular position is so complex or unique that it can be performed only by an individual with a degree;
( 3 ) The employer normally requires a degree or its equivalent for the position; or
( 4 ) The nature of the sp ecific duties are so specialized and complex that knowledge required to perform the duties is usually associated with the attainment of a baccalaureate or higher degree.
(B) Petitioner requirements. The petitioner shall submit the following with an H-1B petition involving a specialty occupation:
( 1 ) A certification from the Secretary of Labor that the petitioner has filed a labor condition application with the Secretary,
( 2 ) A statement that it will comply with the terms of the labor condition application for the duration of the alien's authorized period of stay,
( 3 ) Evidence that the alien qualifies to perform services in the specialty occupation as described in paragraph (h)(4)(iii)(A) of this section, and
(C) Beneficiary qualifications. To qualify to perform services in a specialty occupation, the alien must meet one of the following criteria:
( 1 ) Hold a United States baccalaureate or higher degree required by the specialty occupation from an accredited college or university;
( 2 ) Hold a foreign degree determined to be equivalent to a United States baccalaureate or higher degree required by the specialty occupation from an accredited college or university;
( 3 ) Hold an unrestricted state license, registration or certification which authorizes him or her to fully practice the specialty occupation and be immediately engaged in that specialty in the state of intended employment; or
( 4 ) Have education , specialized training, and/or progressively responsible experience that is equivalent to completion of a United States baccalaureate or higher degree in the specialty occupation, and have recognition of expertise in the specialty through progressively responsible positions directly related to the specialty."
More from USCIS:
USCIS - H-1B Specialty Occupations and Fashion Models (http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=73566811264a3210VgnVCM100000b92ca60aRCR D&vgnextchannel=73566811264a3210VgnVCM100000b92ca60a RCRD)
indigokiwi
05-20 03:32 PM
What exactly does "OP" stand for?
No comments:
Post a Comment