maddipati1
01-08 07:54 PM
i went for stamping in india in Feb'09. Mine wasn't in PIMS. They said that my visa is issued but will get the PP with stamp after PIMS clearance and it might take upto 2 weeks. but luckily i got it in 3 days.
those whose I-797 was approved around the same time when PIMS was introduced ( i think Oct'07 ), should be careful about this.
i read somewhere that, they messed up initial data transfer during PIMS launch. so the I-797s that got approved around the same time are more likely to be missed. mine was approved exactly in the same month PIMS was implemented and surely it wasn't in PIMS.
funny story now ( but painful then )..
i was aware and prepared for this when i went for stamping. i was at the window of initial screening officer. he took my dox and verified in their system and started writing 'not in PIMS' on top of my app. i was looking at it and i said 'aah! is it not in PIMS?'. he was surprised ( that i knew about PIMS etc) and gave me a look. now, i told to myself 'dude! shut up' :D
minumum precaution u should take is, take the visa appointment on the first couple of days of ur visit, to have buffer for PIMS.
but, i read, there is another type of delay that's the nemsis of pink 221(g) or something like that. this is for people who work in sensitive industries like defense, biotech, chemical etc. that surely take a long time, coz they need clearance from washington.
those whose I-797 was approved around the same time when PIMS was introduced ( i think Oct'07 ), should be careful about this.
i read somewhere that, they messed up initial data transfer during PIMS launch. so the I-797s that got approved around the same time are more likely to be missed. mine was approved exactly in the same month PIMS was implemented and surely it wasn't in PIMS.
funny story now ( but painful then )..
i was aware and prepared for this when i went for stamping. i was at the window of initial screening officer. he took my dox and verified in their system and started writing 'not in PIMS' on top of my app. i was looking at it and i said 'aah! is it not in PIMS?'. he was surprised ( that i knew about PIMS etc) and gave me a look. now, i told to myself 'dude! shut up' :D
minumum precaution u should take is, take the visa appointment on the first couple of days of ur visit, to have buffer for PIMS.
but, i read, there is another type of delay that's the nemsis of pink 221(g) or something like that. this is for people who work in sensitive industries like defense, biotech, chemical etc. that surely take a long time, coz they need clearance from washington.
wallpaper maxine quotes on work. quotes

waitnwatch
05-17 11:14 PM
.......
Bottom line US Masters and above still need LC, Only thing is they are not counted against Quota....which is the biggest releif ever...
I think you are slightly off again. This clause pertains only to labor certification and has no relation to quotas as I understand. Remember that there is no such thing as an LC quota. So you still wait in line... Only gain is that the bar for labor is slightly lower because the employer has to show that they hired the best guy for the job as opposed to showing that no minimally qualified American citizen was available. ;)
Bottom line US Masters and above still need LC, Only thing is they are not counted against Quota....which is the biggest releif ever...
I think you are slightly off again. This clause pertains only to labor certification and has no relation to quotas as I understand. Remember that there is no such thing as an LC quota. So you still wait in line... Only gain is that the bar for labor is slightly lower because the employer has to show that they hired the best guy for the job as opposed to showing that no minimally qualified American citizen was available. ;)
thomachan72
09-15 03:59 PM
CIR will defenitely not help EB applicants. It will introduce a point system which eventually will screw up the whole system. One reason we have limited applicants to EB based GC now is that we have to be sponsored by an employer. Imagine if anybody could apply the sytem will be flooded and also there will be millions of ilegals to accomodate in some way. CIR is better dead than alive.
2011 quotes on life and death. life
lazycis
06-05 10:14 PM
In such cases, the PO Box owner or auth rep. takes the note that is left in the PO Box and collects the mail piece. This also applies for signature confirmation and other USPS services that requires a signature
I second this. Eventually it will be delivered and signed off.
I second this. Eventually it will be delivered and signed off.
more...
django.stone
01-25 07:49 PM
Last week, Congressman Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) introduced the Bipartisan Reform of Immigration through Good Enforcement Resolution in the lower house of Congress. According to Congressman Chaffetz, the resolution does three things: � make E-Verify mandatory for all employers, and hold employees accountable as well; � provide sufficient border infrastructure and manpower to secure and control our borders; and, � reject amnesty and any legal status which pardons those here in violation of our laws. At first I thought this was the usual anti-immigrant measure we expect to see from the folks in the Immigration Reform Caucus. But an interview with...
More... (http://blogs.ilw.com/gregsiskind/2010/01/compromises-coming-on-immigration-reform.html)
With democrats in disarray, they would be even afraid of saying the 3 letter word CIR. nothing this year, an election year, so let's start thinking about 2011!. isn't this sad :(
More... (http://blogs.ilw.com/gregsiskind/2010/01/compromises-coming-on-immigration-reform.html)
With democrats in disarray, they would be even afraid of saying the 3 letter word CIR. nothing this year, an election year, so let's start thinking about 2011!. isn't this sad :(
RayP
12-14 01:16 AM
Partially in reply to Lazycis :
So, LAZYCIS, while you delayed to renew the EAD... you possibly were in US working on H1B. My situation is a little different, I am planning to leave the country for a year... so
1) Wanted to check if I can stay out of US for that long while AoS in pending...is there any such restriction that you can be away for only 2 months.
2) That potentially means I won't be getting paid in US... so no payroll for that much time, Is there any restriction on how many payslips I can miss.
Any help in this regard....
So, LAZYCIS, while you delayed to renew the EAD... you possibly were in US working on H1B. My situation is a little different, I am planning to leave the country for a year... so
1) Wanted to check if I can stay out of US for that long while AoS in pending...is there any such restriction that you can be away for only 2 months.
2) That potentially means I won't be getting paid in US... so no payroll for that much time, Is there any restriction on how many payslips I can miss.
Any help in this regard....
more...
vrbest
03-30 07:36 AM
You can write it... no issues.,.
Thank you guys for helping me.
Could you tell me please if it's ok to write where it's written "purpose of trip"........that I want to travel to visit my parents......is it ok with Uscis if I write that? Or what else should I write.
Thanks again!
Thank you guys for helping me.
Could you tell me please if it's ok to write where it's written "purpose of trip"........that I want to travel to visit my parents......is it ok with Uscis if I write that? Or what else should I write.
Thanks again!
2010 beautiful quotes on beauty.
varumo_varatho
11-08 10:43 AM
Speaking of my personal experience, Yes, you can get an emergency appointment as returning h1b's are eligible for such appointments. Just send an email directly to the consulate and request for emergency appointment stating that you have to return to your project. I have done it before
It is advisable to carry all the LCA's, just in case, though the VO might just look at the current one. I am sure you will be taking all the other docs required.
Best of luck
cheers !
It is advisable to carry all the LCA's, just in case, though the VO might just look at the current one. I am sure you will be taking all the other docs required.
Best of luck
cheers !
more...

zigglar001
11-10 12:35 PM
Hi ,
My 180 days have passed and I have an approved 140. My job was filed in 2002 in EB2 as s/w engg. In this job i moved to project manager in IT. Now I am getting a job offer for an awesome company, nice pay and as a program manager. the role is still in IT but it will be more managing.
Would this be a safe bet to take by choosing AC-21?
Please reply. i need to respond to them in a couple of days....
My 180 days have passed and I have an approved 140. My job was filed in 2002 in EB2 as s/w engg. In this job i moved to project manager in IT. Now I am getting a job offer for an awesome company, nice pay and as a program manager. the role is still in IT but it will be more managing.
Would this be a safe bet to take by choosing AC-21?
Please reply. i need to respond to them in a couple of days....
hair funny quotes on relationships

garybanz
02-13 01:33 PM
"US govt to scrap all employment based green card applications"
Sounds like a cruel joke today but this could be a reality tomorrow...
Sounds like a cruel joke today but this could be a reality tomorrow...
more...
msyedy
02-08 01:10 PM
I am new member to this forum. My friend referred me here.
I have a very unique case scenario and need help if anyone is aware of this.
Background :
I worked for company X which went bankrupt and was absorbed by company Y. 3 months after I started
working for Y I got I-140 approved from company X(not sure how but got it).I had filed for I-140 abt.
2 months before I joined Y(then still an employee of X) and had opted for CP and not AOS(had
the option of concurrent filing but did not use which i regret till date). Since the X case was of
no use now I filed a fresh LC from Y and am still waiting for notification from BPC for recruitment(TR case).
I am planning to use the PD from earlier approved I-140 which is sept. 1999 when my LC gets approved.
Issue :
Last week I received a mail from NVC which was forwarded to me by the previous employers attorney.
The letter's main content says
"THIS LETTER SHALL SERVE AS YOUR NOTIFICATION THAT A VISA NUMBER IS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE.
FAILURE TO PURSUE YOUR VISA APPLICATION BY COMPLYING WITH THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW WILL COMMENCE
PROCEEDINGS TO TERMINATE YOUR IMMIGRANT VISA REGISTRATION ONE YEAR FROM THE DATE OF THIS LETTER".
It mentions "Section 203(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act requires the Secretary of State
to terminate the registration of any alien who fails to apply for an immigrant visa within one year
following notification of the availability of a visa number".
Letter is Dated Dec. 3 2006.
Question :
I want to know if this will in anyway prevent me from using my old case PD with my current case?
My interpretation of this is that only the registration with NVC gets cancelled but the
underlying LC and I-140 approved are not affected and I can still use the old PD on my
current case. Pls. help.
The letter talks about VISA application registration. To file for I-485 you need a visa number available for you. The letter states that you currently have one and you should apply...meaning file (1-485 form which is Application To Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status) within one year from the date of the letter.
Registration itself means a visa number will be unvailable and you cannot use your old PD. You have only one year from the date of letter to use the visa number with that PD.
You should get your new labor approval within this one year limit and can file for I-485. I suggest that you should file perm because you never know when the BPC will approve that labor. Perm max will be approved in 6 months time(Most case)
In the end you trust your attorney. Talk to a good lawyer...
I have a very unique case scenario and need help if anyone is aware of this.
Background :
I worked for company X which went bankrupt and was absorbed by company Y. 3 months after I started
working for Y I got I-140 approved from company X(not sure how but got it).I had filed for I-140 abt.
2 months before I joined Y(then still an employee of X) and had opted for CP and not AOS(had
the option of concurrent filing but did not use which i regret till date). Since the X case was of
no use now I filed a fresh LC from Y and am still waiting for notification from BPC for recruitment(TR case).
I am planning to use the PD from earlier approved I-140 which is sept. 1999 when my LC gets approved.
Issue :
Last week I received a mail from NVC which was forwarded to me by the previous employers attorney.
The letter's main content says
"THIS LETTER SHALL SERVE AS YOUR NOTIFICATION THAT A VISA NUMBER IS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE.
FAILURE TO PURSUE YOUR VISA APPLICATION BY COMPLYING WITH THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW WILL COMMENCE
PROCEEDINGS TO TERMINATE YOUR IMMIGRANT VISA REGISTRATION ONE YEAR FROM THE DATE OF THIS LETTER".
It mentions "Section 203(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act requires the Secretary of State
to terminate the registration of any alien who fails to apply for an immigrant visa within one year
following notification of the availability of a visa number".
Letter is Dated Dec. 3 2006.
Question :
I want to know if this will in anyway prevent me from using my old case PD with my current case?
My interpretation of this is that only the registration with NVC gets cancelled but the
underlying LC and I-140 approved are not affected and I can still use the old PD on my
current case. Pls. help.
The letter talks about VISA application registration. To file for I-485 you need a visa number available for you. The letter states that you currently have one and you should apply...meaning file (1-485 form which is Application To Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status) within one year from the date of the letter.
Registration itself means a visa number will be unvailable and you cannot use your old PD. You have only one year from the date of letter to use the visa number with that PD.
You should get your new labor approval within this one year limit and can file for I-485. I suggest that you should file perm because you never know when the BPC will approve that labor. Perm max will be approved in 6 months time(Most case)
In the end you trust your attorney. Talk to a good lawyer...
hot tattoo quotes on girls.
nousername
03-30 08:08 PM
Congratulations.. Enjoy your freedom.
Yahoooooooooooooo......We (Me and my wife) received welcome notice today . Our 485 is approved on 25 th March.
no updates online just received postal mail from USCIS today .
I guess end of long wait , been in country from 2001 .
I wish you all the best and hang in there if your PD is current you can expect the notice any time so keep checking your postal mail box .
FYI - I dont know if my back ground check is clear or not , I guess it is .
Yahoooooooooooooo......We (Me and my wife) received welcome notice today . Our 485 is approved on 25 th March.
no updates online just received postal mail from USCIS today .
I guess end of long wait , been in country from 2001 .
I wish you all the best and hang in there if your PD is current you can expect the notice any time so keep checking your postal mail box .
FYI - I dont know if my back ground check is clear or not , I guess it is .
more...
house quotes on life. quotes on life
GCapplicant
07-30 01:59 PM
U R really lucky
tattoo quotes on hate. quotes on
chanduv23
04-21 03:11 PM
Gurus,
I went to infopass today. Last time when I went infopass in Oct 08, I was told that my namecheck is pending. I wanted to see whether any progress has been made on that,so took an infopass. When I asked the IO about the status of my namecheck, I was told that one namecheck is clear but the other is pending. I specifically asked her to look by my A # as I thought she might be referring to dependants namecheck status. But she replied back stating that there could be multiple namechecks for an individual and it is not unusual for some individuals to have three, four namechecks. And in my case as one of them is clear, they probably will go with cleared one.
Now I am confused. Can there be multiple namechecks initiated at around the same timeframe? I was told both the namechecks were initiated in 07.
If you think the infopass was not very helpful and need more information - usually you can try going through your congressman's offiice. You can either visit them or call them and write a letter explaining your problem and confusion. Some of these offices will ask you to fill out a form that deals with privacy act. These offices can help give you exact status of your case.
Alternately, if you thhink IO at infopass was not being hepful, you may want to contact the Ombudsman's office, they also try to help in such cases.
I went to infopass today. Last time when I went infopass in Oct 08, I was told that my namecheck is pending. I wanted to see whether any progress has been made on that,so took an infopass. When I asked the IO about the status of my namecheck, I was told that one namecheck is clear but the other is pending. I specifically asked her to look by my A # as I thought she might be referring to dependants namecheck status. But she replied back stating that there could be multiple namechecks for an individual and it is not unusual for some individuals to have three, four namechecks. And in my case as one of them is clear, they probably will go with cleared one.
Now I am confused. Can there be multiple namechecks initiated at around the same timeframe? I was told both the namechecks were initiated in 07.
If you think the infopass was not very helpful and need more information - usually you can try going through your congressman's offiice. You can either visit them or call them and write a letter explaining your problem and confusion. Some of these offices will ask you to fill out a form that deals with privacy act. These offices can help give you exact status of your case.
Alternately, if you thhink IO at infopass was not being hepful, you may want to contact the Ombudsman's office, they also try to help in such cases.
more...
pictures quotes on marriage. quotes

Pineapple
07-24 10:36 AM
Bumping thread up.. here is an excellent YouTube video, already created by an IV member..
dresses sad quotes on roken heart.

gc_on_demand
03-31 01:20 PM
For once, I like what Grassley is doing.
All antis says something good about one program and bad for rest.. they want to kill all program one by one. Today in hearing anti's tone was to reduce total immigration.
this is only way they can reduce is making one group happy while bashing at another, but you never know when is your turn.
I should say if they are really worried about L1 and its fraud why not to scrap L1 and grant GC for all l1holders. why don't they say like that ?
All antis says something good about one program and bad for rest.. they want to kill all program one by one. Today in hearing anti's tone was to reduce total immigration.
this is only way they can reduce is making one group happy while bashing at another, but you never know when is your turn.
I should say if they are really worried about L1 and its fraud why not to scrap L1 and grant GC for all l1holders. why don't they say like that ?
more...
makeup girlfriend nice quotes on life
Oasis52
05-16 09:06 AM
Thanks you are right on consular processing and you are also right that on transfer receipt one can start working
But I am still confused on entering USA. I read on all the forums, you can enter usa with a Transfer Receipt if your h1 stamp is still valid.
So thats something i am trying to sort out.
But I am still confused on entering USA. I read on all the forums, you can enter usa with a Transfer Receipt if your h1 stamp is still valid.
So thats something i am trying to sort out.
girlfriend Quotes on developing online
ashkam
04-02 10:47 AM
Get married to your partner.. its legal in states like CT, MA. Not sure if USCIS will consider it legal.
I don't think the feds accept gay marriage yet for immigration purposes. It's sad.
I don't think the feds accept gay marriage yet for immigration purposes. It's sad.
hairstyles quotes on courage.

vamsi_poondla
09-23 11:19 AM
If your priority date is too close (within few years), become a consultant. Then your job duties will be flexible. You can do ALL that you have cited in labor certification and yet do additional duties.
(Is your labor based on RIR?)
Anyway follow attorney's advice.
(Is your labor based on RIR?)
Anyway follow attorney's advice.
rustamehind
08-03 05:06 PM
Hello,
I am working on H1B and filed for my extention in Mar 2007. My original H1B expired in Jun 2007 and filed for EAD/AP/485 on Jul 22 2007. Today my employer received that h1b extension got denied. He got a RFE in may 2007 to which he replied.
What are my options now? Can I stay here now? Can I work now? Can another employer file for my h1 extension now?
Please help.
Thank you.
You can always file Motion to open the denied case.You also need to go through the reasons for denial , which you will be knowing soon in USCIS response.Without knowing the reason for denial , it will be pure speculation suggesting future course of action.You can continue to work untill your case is being adjudicated.
I am working on H1B and filed for my extention in Mar 2007. My original H1B expired in Jun 2007 and filed for EAD/AP/485 on Jul 22 2007. Today my employer received that h1b extension got denied. He got a RFE in may 2007 to which he replied.
What are my options now? Can I stay here now? Can I work now? Can another employer file for my h1 extension now?
Please help.
Thank you.
You can always file Motion to open the denied case.You also need to go through the reasons for denial , which you will be knowing soon in USCIS response.Without knowing the reason for denial , it will be pure speculation suggesting future course of action.You can continue to work untill your case is being adjudicated.
grcard
06-14 10:46 PM
i took infopass and went to local immigration officer and he said i should go to
him after july 1st and he said he can find out where my file is??
i dont know is this possible but i am going to try.
him after july 1st and he said he can find out where my file is??
i dont know is this possible but i am going to try.
No comments:
Post a Comment