maflynn
May 1, 10:15 AM
I've recently noticed- some iLife apps are not working. The biggest concern is iPhoto - I've opened up iPhoto '11 (iLife 11) but it says:
What version of iPhoto you running..
The OP stated iLife 11
What version of iPhoto you running..
The OP stated iLife 11
macfan881
Jan 15, 08:57 PM
I was kinda Surprised that Universal is in the rental deal with itunes espacaily after the whole NBC pulling out of itunes deal i wonder if this was a move made by universal to try to get NBC Back?
Markleshark
Oct 23, 05:01 AM
http://att.macrumors.com/contest/CB560E.jpg
whooleytoo
Apr 11, 07:27 AM
Likewise, I'm nearing the end of Zelda and looking for something else to try. I've had a look at the Wii selections and haven't found much to tempt me.
I was really hoping the Wii would induce some original games, but by and large it seems to be attracting ports from other consoles with scaled down graphics and the control system tacked on.
I was really hoping the Wii would induce some original games, but by and large it seems to be attracting ports from other consoles with scaled down graphics and the control system tacked on.
more...
RedTomato
Mar 31, 06:47 PM
Attach any tripod, even a cheap one. Extend legs of tripod, but don't open it out. Just hold it and use it as a stabilising arm, either grounded, or off the ground.
I've had excellent results like that. Bonus is you can use it as a handheld crane and get very good angles you couldn't get otherwise.
I've been known to open the elbow to 90 degrees and run along with the camera an inch above the grass to get the worm's eye view.
I've had excellent results like that. Bonus is you can use it as a handheld crane and get very good angles you couldn't get otherwise.
I've been known to open the elbow to 90 degrees and run along with the camera an inch above the grass to get the worm's eye view.
bms624
Apr 22, 03:05 PM
This is definitely one of those "what language should I learn threads?", but I'm not a beginner. Let me give a little background: I graduated in 2007 with a degree in computer technology (not science) with a focus on software development and web development. While in school, I hired on with an automotive supplier as a contracted radio technician with hopes of getting my foot in the door with writing software. It's taken a while, but I'm now getting ready to be trained in our next product we're working on and will possibly be writing test scripts in C# .NET. I'm looking forward to the experience and knowledge I will gain but long-term, it's not where my passion is. I enjoy some web development, but haven't had much experience with it since college and haven't had any reason to delve deeper into it. Recently, I've had a few people approach me about building websites for them for a salary, so it's started to spark some interest into that field again. I have experience with several languages: Java, HTML, C#, ASP, SQL, PL/SQL, some Objective-C, C. But it's only at a very intermediate level, nothing advanced like Java servlets, Cocoa, or .NET framework specific. In my spare time, I'd like to delve deeper into something more advanced. I love the Mac platform for development just because a lot of things are built into the system already. Some languages I'm thinking of looking into are:
1. Java (specifically Tomcat and Spring)
2. Objective-C (Cocoa, iPhone)
3. Ruby (Rails)
I know #1 and #3 are more web specific and might be beneficial because of my background in web development, but I really like the surge going on with Objective-C and the Mac and iPhone platforms. But would this help on a career level? I want to pick one where there's a strong demand for it and something that puts food on the table. I'm not talking about just writing apps for the app store, but writing apps for businesses that use Macs. It just seems like it's hard to land an entry or junior level job out therre without some type of experience. My main experience now is just education and I'd like to dig deeper into these frameworks out there that are used to work on a project that might gain me experience to show employers. Are there advantages to learning one framework over another or should I just pick one and go with it? I know Java and .NET are used a lot in the enterprise, but it seems like there's no shortages of these developers out there. Would learning a niche language like Objective-C or Ruby be an advantage since there are fewer experts in these languages? I'm open to any ideas or questions that people might have. Thanks.
1. Java (specifically Tomcat and Spring)
2. Objective-C (Cocoa, iPhone)
3. Ruby (Rails)
I know #1 and #3 are more web specific and might be beneficial because of my background in web development, but I really like the surge going on with Objective-C and the Mac and iPhone platforms. But would this help on a career level? I want to pick one where there's a strong demand for it and something that puts food on the table. I'm not talking about just writing apps for the app store, but writing apps for businesses that use Macs. It just seems like it's hard to land an entry or junior level job out therre without some type of experience. My main experience now is just education and I'd like to dig deeper into these frameworks out there that are used to work on a project that might gain me experience to show employers. Are there advantages to learning one framework over another or should I just pick one and go with it? I know Java and .NET are used a lot in the enterprise, but it seems like there's no shortages of these developers out there. Would learning a niche language like Objective-C or Ruby be an advantage since there are fewer experts in these languages? I'm open to any ideas or questions that people might have. Thanks.
more...
rwh202
Apr 11, 01:15 PM
Thanks. So, when do they score the bonus points? I only have the base points (481) so far, but should�ve gotten 968 more points.
Hi,
Bonus points normally appear straight away. However, you'll need to complete 10 units with at least an 80% success rate before you will start receiving them. (those first 10 units won't ever receive a bonus)
Anyway, congratulations on your first unit. The bonus points will soon start rolling in!
Rob
Hi,
Bonus points normally appear straight away. However, you'll need to complete 10 units with at least an 80% success rate before you will start receiving them. (those first 10 units won't ever receive a bonus)
Anyway, congratulations on your first unit. The bonus points will soon start rolling in!
Rob

flopticalcube
Apr 19, 03:26 PM
Sufficient would be the best you could say. A gaming PC will provide a better experience, at least for gaming.
more...
maylen
Feb 12, 02:42 PM
have two offers:
16gb nano 5g 60euro
160gb classic 6 or 7G 100euro
don't really know which to get as i really like the big capacity of the classic , but on the other hand the small formfactor , fm radio , camera 40bucks lower price .. dunno .. which one would you get
16gb nano 5g 60euro
160gb classic 6 or 7G 100euro
don't really know which to get as i really like the big capacity of the classic , but on the other hand the small formfactor , fm radio , camera 40bucks lower price .. dunno .. which one would you get
Ozix
May 6, 11:53 PM
Hey all,
Long time listener first time caller, err I mean poster. I bought my first MacBook Pro (early 17", 2.3GHz, 8GB ram, anti-glare) in March and absolutely love it! Anyway the new iMacs were announced (as I'm sure everyone is aware of lol) and I started thinking about getting an iMac as my main machine and selling my 17" MBP. I'm currently deployed to Afghanistan so this wouldn't be until July when we get back, but a friend is ready to buy my 17, in fact we've already worked out a good price for both us of :D
So now the only thing left to decide is, do I get the 2.7GHz 13 inch, or the 2.0GHz 15 inch. I priced the 13" at $1748 ($1499 base + $249 AppleCare) versus the 15" (lower end model) at $2298 ($1799 base + $150 for hi-res anti-glare + $349 AppleCare). I'm gonna upgrade the RAM and HDDs myself, (getting an OptiBay, 256GB c300, and 750GB Scorpio Black for the new laptop too lol) so the cost for that is gonna be the same regardless of which model I get. I also like the idea of being able to just walk into an Apple Store and leaving with my new laptop, do they normally stock the hi-res anti-glare 15"?
I'd mostly be using the laptop while traveling (or deploying again lol), I use Aperture regularly (check out my Photography site at www.aaronpbrown.com) and may occasionally use Final Cut Express. Am I gonna miss the real estate on a 13" MBP, especially coming from a 17"? Also is the dedicated graphics, extra screen and quad core worth $550 over the 13?
Thanks for taking a look!
Aaron
552nd Military Police Co - U.S. Army
Kandahar, Afghanistan - OEF '10-'11
Long time listener first time caller, err I mean poster. I bought my first MacBook Pro (early 17", 2.3GHz, 8GB ram, anti-glare) in March and absolutely love it! Anyway the new iMacs were announced (as I'm sure everyone is aware of lol) and I started thinking about getting an iMac as my main machine and selling my 17" MBP. I'm currently deployed to Afghanistan so this wouldn't be until July when we get back, but a friend is ready to buy my 17, in fact we've already worked out a good price for both us of :D
So now the only thing left to decide is, do I get the 2.7GHz 13 inch, or the 2.0GHz 15 inch. I priced the 13" at $1748 ($1499 base + $249 AppleCare) versus the 15" (lower end model) at $2298 ($1799 base + $150 for hi-res anti-glare + $349 AppleCare). I'm gonna upgrade the RAM and HDDs myself, (getting an OptiBay, 256GB c300, and 750GB Scorpio Black for the new laptop too lol) so the cost for that is gonna be the same regardless of which model I get. I also like the idea of being able to just walk into an Apple Store and leaving with my new laptop, do they normally stock the hi-res anti-glare 15"?
I'd mostly be using the laptop while traveling (or deploying again lol), I use Aperture regularly (check out my Photography site at www.aaronpbrown.com) and may occasionally use Final Cut Express. Am I gonna miss the real estate on a 13" MBP, especially coming from a 17"? Also is the dedicated graphics, extra screen and quad core worth $550 over the 13?
Thanks for taking a look!
Aaron
552nd Military Police Co - U.S. Army
Kandahar, Afghanistan - OEF '10-'11
more...
rorschach
Apr 25, 05:41 PM
Hi,
Has anyone been able to force an apple store to guarantee a Lion O/S upgrade for free with the purchase of a Macbook pro now?
Just curious.
Thanks!
Usually the Up-to-Date programs start on the day the announce the release date (or announce something more specific than "summer"--like a month) and end a few months after the release.
The Snow Leopard UTD lasted from June 8 to December 29.
Has anyone been able to force an apple store to guarantee a Lion O/S upgrade for free with the purchase of a Macbook pro now?
Just curious.
Thanks!
Usually the Up-to-Date programs start on the day the announce the release date (or announce something more specific than "summer"--like a month) and end a few months after the release.
The Snow Leopard UTD lasted from June 8 to December 29.
spillproof
Jul 23, 08:59 PM
So, I guess Windows needs to update their XP background then, huh?
more...
GGJstudios
May 4, 03:33 PM
I've heard that if you buy a laptop with snow leopard now you won't ever be able to upgrade to lion. :eek:
You heard wrong.
You heard wrong.
r.j.s
Feb 20, 06:49 PM
Do not start threads to solicit for donations - regardless of the cause.
more...
Bloodstar
May 2, 10:17 PM
If I'm remembering correctly, there was a CD installer for Tiger. If you could find that, you'd be good.
I'd suggest getting at least an external DVD drive, though... always good to be able to burn a DVD, even if purely for backup purposes.
I'd suggest getting at least an external DVD drive, though... always good to be able to burn a DVD, even if purely for backup purposes.
SAdProZ
Jan 18, 02:59 PM
I too have been thinking (over the xmas break) about providing stock photos and graphics for some side $$$. Wondering if anyone here can provide tips or share experiences with iStockphoto.com or any other stock sites.
more...
rockyroad55
May 6, 09:38 AM
Nice ID there OP .. IwantItToo :p
Do you game a lot? If you don�t, you better get off with base 21.5� or base 27� for screen estate
Truly, gaming is an expensive hobby. Be thankful if you hate video games, since you won�t care about how many FPS you can get from your screen
My score? No doubt 11 .. oops i mean 10
I agree with you too. Gaming is pretty good if you run bootcamp. But, I would still suggest base 21.5" or go all out with the maxed 27"! :)
Do you game a lot? If you don�t, you better get off with base 21.5� or base 27� for screen estate
Truly, gaming is an expensive hobby. Be thankful if you hate video games, since you won�t care about how many FPS you can get from your screen
My score? No doubt 11 .. oops i mean 10
I agree with you too. Gaming is pretty good if you run bootcamp. But, I would still suggest base 21.5" or go all out with the maxed 27"! :)
lee50539310
May 4, 04:31 AM
3)DC Cable
Original:
Color of DC cable is soft white or we say a little grey, and you can feel friction because the cable is not total smooth but rough.
http://forums.macrumors.com/picture.php?albumid=225&pictureid=711
Replacement:
Pure white and smooth, you can�t even feel frication. But some factories also use original cables like ours to ensure the quality.
http://forums.macrumors.com/picture.php?albumid=229&pictureid=759
It�s not only used in DC cables, also the same way for AC cables and earphone cables.
Original:
Color of DC cable is soft white or we say a little grey, and you can feel friction because the cable is not total smooth but rough.
http://forums.macrumors.com/picture.php?albumid=225&pictureid=711
Replacement:
Pure white and smooth, you can�t even feel frication. But some factories also use original cables like ours to ensure the quality.
http://forums.macrumors.com/picture.php?albumid=229&pictureid=759
It�s not only used in DC cables, also the same way for AC cables and earphone cables.

elsami
Apr 18, 11:03 AM
This may have been covered before but does anybody have any cleaning tips for the Macbook Air (Latest Version) i.e. The screen, the keyboard, touchpad and outer unibody casing, I'm just a little hesitant to use any old cleaning products.
aadilbrown
Oct 2, 07:36 AM
Now a days you have to protect the skin of the iphone. Total Body Skin covers your face again, and wraps around the sides and corners. Even the Home button is covered. Screen covers the face skin. Back to back skin covers the chrome.
Laird Knox
Mar 10, 02:23 PM
You aren't going to find any Javascript to do that. You are going to need some coding on the server side. Somewhere you are going to need to run the SQL and pull the data from a database.
For example, I'm currently working on a project that has a Flex front end and uses Google App Engine on the back end. I have a servlet that can process images and serve them up. I am using Java on the App Engine side.
http://photography.jeffknox.com/photography/image?id=188005&s=300
The above image is pulled from the database, the watermark is added, the image is sized and sent to the browser. It isn't a trvial copy and past but you might want to start looking at whatever the back end server is running. Too many questions to provide a definitive answer.
(Note: The above image will eventually go away as the database is still in active development and this is a test image. Likewise the watermark is just a placeholder and will change.)
For example, I'm currently working on a project that has a Flex front end and uses Google App Engine on the back end. I have a servlet that can process images and serve them up. I am using Java on the App Engine side.
http://photography.jeffknox.com/photography/image?id=188005&s=300
The above image is pulled from the database, the watermark is added, the image is sized and sent to the browser. It isn't a trvial copy and past but you might want to start looking at whatever the back end server is running. Too many questions to provide a definitive answer.
(Note: The above image will eventually go away as the database is still in active development and this is a test image. Likewise the watermark is just a placeholder and will change.)
pyounderfire
Apr 23, 11:45 PM
Hi Everyone:
I've come back to the mac world. I've been away ever since my apple G3 was stolen. Now, I bought an apple I3 IMac 27". Hummm, I still miss my G3. Anyways, let's get to the problem.
In these threads, everyone is having problems with their IMac's not sleeping in Windows 7. Well not me. For me, my IMac is not sleeping in OS X [10.6.7]. I thought there was a hardware issue. Just to make sure it was not, I erased the hard drive and reinstalled the OS. Then, it was fine for awhile until I started installing software. The last thing I installed was skype in OS. And now it does not go to sleep in OS. Why doesn't my IMac fall asleep on its own in OS X? Could it be boot camp? Or, could it be skype? And yes, I reset the PRAM and followed the directions on the apple web-site and I even called apple care but, to no avail. I should have bought a Windows machine!
Just kidding....
Can someone help me please? If it's a skype issue then, I understand. But, why on earth would skype prevent my IMac from sleeping even when it is closed. It just doesn't make any sense for the programmers to have skype conflict with OSX 10.6.7; they would have resolved these types of conflicts by now.
Thanks everyone!
Peter
I've come back to the mac world. I've been away ever since my apple G3 was stolen. Now, I bought an apple I3 IMac 27". Hummm, I still miss my G3. Anyways, let's get to the problem.
In these threads, everyone is having problems with their IMac's not sleeping in Windows 7. Well not me. For me, my IMac is not sleeping in OS X [10.6.7]. I thought there was a hardware issue. Just to make sure it was not, I erased the hard drive and reinstalled the OS. Then, it was fine for awhile until I started installing software. The last thing I installed was skype in OS. And now it does not go to sleep in OS. Why doesn't my IMac fall asleep on its own in OS X? Could it be boot camp? Or, could it be skype? And yes, I reset the PRAM and followed the directions on the apple web-site and I even called apple care but, to no avail. I should have bought a Windows machine!
Just kidding....
Can someone help me please? If it's a skype issue then, I understand. But, why on earth would skype prevent my IMac from sleeping even when it is closed. It just doesn't make any sense for the programmers to have skype conflict with OSX 10.6.7; they would have resolved these types of conflicts by now.
Thanks everyone!
Peter
chaosbunny
May 1, 04:21 AM
See this thread if you consider the 6870:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1127583
However it, seems like there are some glitches vs. a 5870 with no real big performance gain.
I have a 5870 in my 2010 Mac Pro and every game runs perfectly with max settings at about 60-100 fps on my 27" Dell at 2560x1440.
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1127583
However it, seems like there are some glitches vs. a 5870 with no real big performance gain.
I have a 5870 in my 2010 Mac Pro and every game runs perfectly with max settings at about 60-100 fps on my 27" Dell at 2560x1440.
Daedalus256
Dec 11, 10:16 AM
who still uses OS9 and for what??:confused:
I still use it on my G3 Pbook Wallstreet. Namely because it only has 128MB of RAM and I'd like to throw some more of that in and get a processor upgrade before I decide to put OSX on it.
I still use it on my G3 Pbook Wallstreet. Namely because it only has 128MB of RAM and I'd like to throw some more of that in and get a processor upgrade before I decide to put OSX on it.
No comments:
Post a Comment