sanju_dba
12-21 12:36 PM
Hi,
In another thread, IV is proposing only pushing filing 485 before priority date. I try to understand what the benefits are by filing it. For one thing, you can switch jobs after 6 months? How about setting up your own consulting company?
Regards,
My understanding is you can setup business even with your H1 status, and has no dependency on 485.
In another thread, IV is proposing only pushing filing 485 before priority date. I try to understand what the benefits are by filing it. For one thing, you can switch jobs after 6 months? How about setting up your own consulting company?
Regards,
My understanding is you can setup business even with your H1 status, and has no dependency on 485.
kprgroup
07-22 02:35 PM
Thank you so much for a detailed reply.I really appreciate your time to write this. I don't have I-140 approval notice but have a copy of online 140 case status page showing it's approved.. Did use this during my MTR.
I did renew my EAD & AP May24th and AP approved and EAD still under initial review.Hopefully I will get it soon.
One more question.In case of H1B extension denial, has any effort on my pending 485?
Again thanks a lot for your valuable input.
KPR
I did renew my EAD & AP May24th and AP approved and EAD still under initial review.Hopefully I will get it soon.
One more question.In case of H1B extension denial, has any effort on my pending 485?
Again thanks a lot for your valuable input.
KPR
reedandbamboo
08-29 12:54 PM
volunteer as a writer.
hope49
07-08 06:45 PM
Hi,
does anyone has experience working with satyam computers as a consultant on H1B ?
Thanks.
does anyone has experience working with satyam computers as a consultant on H1B ?
Thanks.
more...
kc_p21
02-16 12:16 AM
As long as your job is in similar field, you are ok.
You can take any job as long as the duties of the new job falls under the
Job Code 15-1021.00. which is your original approved labor job code.
Any thing other than that is a straight NO.
ALSO PLEASE UPDATE YOUR PROFILE
You can take any job as long as the duties of the new job falls under the
Job Code 15-1021.00. which is your original approved labor job code.
Any thing other than that is a straight NO.
ALSO PLEASE UPDATE YOUR PROFILE

wandmaker
02-23 11:02 AM
Hello Sir,
I'm in H1B visa, so also my husband.
In this time of recession, i fear if I'm laid off, wanted to seek your valuable guiance on the following:
- transfer my status from H1 to H4? have all pay stubs in tact.
/ You can transfer to H4 as long as you have all the paper work /
- return back to H1 B status once I find an opening with new company? All I will need to do is transfer my H4 status back to my same H1B visa?
/ Yes, COS from H4 to H1 /
- visa in passport is originally stamped for Oct 2009 when I came from India, and I have my new I797 with validity date as Apr 2011. Do I still have I797 as valid even if I'm laid off?
/ Your H1 petition will be valid until it is revoked by your employer. It does not matter whether it is valid or revoked. Filing COS from H4 to H1 will put you back on H1 status as you will not be coming under the cap /
Please let me have your views on this. Highly appreciate a speedy response.
Thank you in advance,
Shivani:confused:
See Inline.
Please update your profile
I'm in H1B visa, so also my husband.
In this time of recession, i fear if I'm laid off, wanted to seek your valuable guiance on the following:
- transfer my status from H1 to H4? have all pay stubs in tact.
/ You can transfer to H4 as long as you have all the paper work /
- return back to H1 B status once I find an opening with new company? All I will need to do is transfer my H4 status back to my same H1B visa?
/ Yes, COS from H4 to H1 /
- visa in passport is originally stamped for Oct 2009 when I came from India, and I have my new I797 with validity date as Apr 2011. Do I still have I797 as valid even if I'm laid off?
/ Your H1 petition will be valid until it is revoked by your employer. It does not matter whether it is valid or revoked. Filing COS from H4 to H1 will put you back on H1 status as you will not be coming under the cap /
Please let me have your views on this. Highly appreciate a speedy response.
Thank you in advance,
Shivani:confused:
See Inline.
Please update your profile
more...
cdeneo
04-02 09:23 PM
I was looking for similar info -
Applying for a Canadian tourist visa with AP (no H-1), would this be a problem? Would we get the Canadian visa for only the validity of AP (one yr at most)?
I would be interested in finding out the answers to the original poster's questions as well. It would be very helpful if anyone could share their experience with this.
Applying for a Canadian tourist visa with AP (no H-1), would this be a problem? Would we get the Canadian visa for only the validity of AP (one yr at most)?
I would be interested in finding out the answers to the original poster's questions as well. It would be very helpful if anyone could share their experience with this.

vactorboy29
10-09 12:29 PM
Thanks.
Any more info on this
Any more info on this
more...
krishmunn
12-23 09:35 AM
There is one option which you can try. Take a online appointment at one of the consulates in Mexico. It costs $8 or so. They ask to send the 797 by fax before the appointment date. Presumably they ask for the 797 to do a PIMS verification. I do not know if that helps in confirming PIMS but for $8 , it is worth taking this additional step.
gcnotfiledyet
03-17 04:45 PM
I was informed that without I-94 card she cannot be added to my insrurance.
Can anyone suggest me some good insurance I can take online/india for this kind of situation...???
Thanks
Did you even talk to your employer yet? They will ask for marriage certificate and nothing else. Who informed you about I-94? one of your friends/forum members? Are they giving insurance to you.
Go talk to employer/HR/Insurance agent.
Can anyone suggest me some good insurance I can take online/india for this kind of situation...???
Thanks
Did you even talk to your employer yet? They will ask for marriage certificate and nothing else. Who informed you about I-94? one of your friends/forum members? Are they giving insurance to you.
Go talk to employer/HR/Insurance agent.
more...
psaxena
06-26 06:22 PM
'^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
pfiction
08-06 08:11 PM
I saw a LUD on approved I-140 on 07/13. No LUD on 485 yet and waiting.
more...
pady
06-18 07:17 PM
No, I don't have any agreement with my employer. The only noncompete is between my employer and the vendor. The client is happy to work through different vendor.
shadowbuddy
03-15 11:27 AM
What did your lawyer say about this? Now you have a delivery confirmation, did you lawyer suggest that USCIS consider the dates as of last year and process your resubmitted application. Certainly it is not your fault,,
They said that they would request an exception in our case. We are going to request that based on our original submission date that our pending case have a current priority date. All dates were current for our case up until the April visa bulletin.
I am really hoping that USCIS sees this error. Has anyone had any experience with USCIS? And were they cooperative?
thank you for your reply.
They said that they would request an exception in our case. We are going to request that based on our original submission date that our pending case have a current priority date. All dates were current for our case up until the April visa bulletin.
I am really hoping that USCIS sees this error. Has anyone had any experience with USCIS? And were they cooperative?
thank you for your reply.
more...
amitjoey
08-23 10:40 AM
I do not understand what the need is to change to F1. One can do Masters while on H4. If you are thinking she needs OPT to work after Masters, It is a 2 year course, right?. You can decide after 1-1/2 yrs if you want her to move to F1.
uslegals
08-20 04:41 PM
Thank your for ur reply....What about I-129 petition & withdrawal letter...Is there anything that protects me which states that i have a right to get a copy of documents - petition, letter, etc,...from employer. Can somebody point me in the right direction to so that i have a case in point.!
Thanks!
Thanks!
more...
go_guy123
07-14 10:16 AM
I have my I 140 approved and No I 485 has been filled yet. My brother became US citizen so I would like to file for I 130.
As there is no guarantee in Employment based immigration journey ( layoff , denial etc.. ) I strongly prefer to have I 130 filled. Is there any risk of filling both ?
Check out the visa bulletin. There also the backlog is 12+ years for F4 - India category. So if you apply now....you will get in 2021 !!!
As there is no guarantee in Employment based immigration journey ( layoff , denial etc.. ) I strongly prefer to have I 130 filled. Is there any risk of filling both ?
Check out the visa bulletin. There also the backlog is 12+ years for F4 - India category. So if you apply now....you will get in 2021 !!!
eilsoe
10-08 01:34 PM
seriously! I worked for half an hour on some orange, greyish and black stuff...
And CRAP!! man it sucked big time... didn't even wanna save it...
I can't concentrate today... (grrr)... :(
And CRAP!! man it sucked big time... didn't even wanna save it...
I can't concentrate today... (grrr)... :(
Dhundhun
06-22 02:22 PM
S/he has to have an unexpired I-94 to stay in the country. It is not about AP or EAD.
Unexpired I-94?
The status of I-485 pending (at least (c)(09)() class, I know) is not controlled by I-94.
If (s)he is on H1B/H4 she needs to have unexpired I-94. If I-485 pending then I-94 is not significant.
However, I suggested to get in touch with USCIS office.
For more understanding of I-94, in case of students it is stamped valid until I20 is valid. Students don't have I-94 expiry date. In similar way I-485 pending person remains in parolee status (parolee has six meanings in USA for immigration purpose including I485 pending), if other status is not there. I-94 does not control status of each and every case.
Unexpired I-94?
The status of I-485 pending (at least (c)(09)() class, I know) is not controlled by I-94.
If (s)he is on H1B/H4 she needs to have unexpired I-94. If I-485 pending then I-94 is not significant.
However, I suggested to get in touch with USCIS office.
For more understanding of I-94, in case of students it is stamped valid until I20 is valid. Students don't have I-94 expiry date. In similar way I-485 pending person remains in parolee status (parolee has six meanings in USA for immigration purpose including I485 pending), if other status is not there. I-94 does not control status of each and every case.
scabal12
06-11 09:38 PM
I recently got laid off and the company I was working for stated that it will revoke my H1-B. However, the same company applied for GC 4 years ago and currently the I-485 approval is pending. I did not renew my EAD after it expired last year and just continued on H1-B. I only renewed my wife's EAD which will expire next year. So, can I apply for renewal of EAD now and stay legally in this country while the EAD is being processed.
teachla
11-02 01:17 PM
A note: If you look at the web sites of immigration law firms, some of them can be very deceptive in giving you a feel that the firm is big; none the less it does not mean that big firms give the best advise and results. One advantage of big firms is that they deal with a good volume of cases and have good knowledge inhouse about the trends and what might work/does not work.
Here are some of the consultation rates of the one's I had checked with last year:
Carl Shusterman Los Angeles $ 390/ consultation - 30 Minutes
Josie Gonzales Pasadena, CA $ 400/consultation- 30 minutes ( calls herself the queen of PERM )
Sheela Murthy- Maryland $ 250/ 20 minutes
Attorney Dana Delott ( works in Sheela Murthy's firm $ 200/20 minutes and is good for consultation), other attorneys in Sheela Murthy's firm charge 150 USD for 20 minutes)
Here are some of the consultation rates of the one's I had checked with last year:
Carl Shusterman Los Angeles $ 390/ consultation - 30 Minutes
Josie Gonzales Pasadena, CA $ 400/consultation- 30 minutes ( calls herself the queen of PERM )
Sheela Murthy- Maryland $ 250/ 20 minutes
Attorney Dana Delott ( works in Sheela Murthy's firm $ 200/20 minutes and is good for consultation), other attorneys in Sheela Murthy's firm charge 150 USD for 20 minutes)
No comments:
Post a Comment