anandrajesh
02-06 10:35 PM
How (when) do you decide that you will take EAD or stay on H1B? Can you change your mind or it is a one time decision?
Do you have to mantain status (pay checks) on EAD? I understand you need to mantain status on H1B?
Sorry I am a moron.
It is purely upto you to decide what do u want. If u r planning to stick with the same company that has your H1B, then no need to pursue EAD option. But if you are planning to get out of your current company and pursue different opportunity, then you can use ur EAD.
No matter what the status(H1B or EAD) you are in, you need to be employed in the same position or a similar position as in your Labor Certification. If your Labor Certification says you are a Programmer you cant be a Project Mgr in EAD. Till you get your GC, you are compulsorily married to your profession and title.
Do you have to mantain status (pay checks) on EAD? I understand you need to mantain status on H1B?
Sorry I am a moron.
It is purely upto you to decide what do u want. If u r planning to stick with the same company that has your H1B, then no need to pursue EAD option. But if you are planning to get out of your current company and pursue different opportunity, then you can use ur EAD.
No matter what the status(H1B or EAD) you are in, you need to be employed in the same position or a similar position as in your Labor Certification. If your Labor Certification says you are a Programmer you cant be a Project Mgr in EAD. Till you get your GC, you are compulsorily married to your profession and title.
wallpaper reading the letter,
bajrangbali
07-03 10:02 AM
You guys still dont get it..do you??
Why would they ban non-immigrants from investing when there is ZERO loss for the country?
Its upto each individual to evaluate their priorities and go ahead and move their investments. I have already done it as I am just an alien waiting for permanent residency and I do not want my money stuck in any of the investment vehicles in a foreign land making it difficult for me to take it along with me when the day comes to leave the country.
Why would they ban non-immigrants from investing when there is ZERO loss for the country?
Its upto each individual to evaluate their priorities and go ahead and move their investments. I have already done it as I am just an alien waiting for permanent residency and I do not want my money stuck in any of the investment vehicles in a foreign land making it difficult for me to take it along with me when the day comes to leave the country.
Abhinaym
04-24 11:53 AM
Anyone else get an update on their lottery?
2011 Business Letter Format
Koki
11-01 12:08 AM
To err is human. Just tell them the mistake done and it will be corrected manually. I made a mistake too. I took two copies of the form with me - one hand corrected and the other without the correction. Show them both if needed.
more...
pappu
08-16 12:42 PM
Fact sheet for download
http://immigrationvoice.org/media/forums/iv/WashingtonDC_IV_Rally_w_FactSheet.doc
http://immigrationvoice.org/media/forums/iv/WashingtonDC_IV_Rally_w_FactSheet.doc

immieb2
09-25 04:55 PM
Good find. I can use this to explain to American friends at work
more...
perm2gc
12-03 04:30 PM
hello all,
i attended for visa stamping on dec 1st at Hyderabad consulate so i got 221g yellow form but he retained passport with him. he told to submit all the documents that are mentioned on the yellow form. did any body got same thing. usually how many days they will take for processing after submiting the documents
Thanks,
Praveen
It will take 2 weeks once you submit all the documents.
i attended for visa stamping on dec 1st at Hyderabad consulate so i got 221g yellow form but he retained passport with him. he told to submit all the documents that are mentioned on the yellow form. did any body got same thing. usually how many days they will take for processing after submiting the documents
Thanks,
Praveen
It will take 2 weeks once you submit all the documents.
2010 Personal Letter Writing Format
desi3933
08-13 11:26 AM
USA which is a so called developed country, takes 6 months to issue a passport due to the fact that USCIS is over...........loaded with work. So Flashing story is an old one and will only fit in Hollywood world.
It took just 3 weeks for my spouse to get US passport. FYI, US Passports are not issued by USCIS, but are issued by Department by State. [Link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_passport)]
It took just 3 weeks for my spouse to get US passport. FYI, US Passports are not issued by USCIS, but are issued by Department by State. [Link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_passport)]
more...
arunsarun
05-23 11:00 AM
Got it approved for 3 yrs (L1A to H1B)....... still couldnt believe that i won the lottery.
hair by an official letter,
rjgleason
August 8th, 2005, 11:11 AM
How aboutr a beautiful field of flowing grasses, perhaps with some stationary objects, like rocks, or a barn, etc. Great technique and a great shot!
more...
prout02
11-20 10:49 AM
Seems like a good idea to me...even if it favors people with Attorneys....it atleast gives you an avenue to present your case to some Computer which then assigns the case to a human. Wow...what progress, TSC!!! Why can't your computer pick it up in the first place? What kind of system you have that can't prioritize work based on FIFO? Now we see a way out of this hell-hole. Hope NSC does the same too!!
An afterthought: Could we write to Ombudsman for NSC adapting similar email routine?
An afterthought: Could we write to Ombudsman for NSC adapting similar email routine?
hot JAN 20: Letter of Acceptance
ajju
02-25 12:04 AM
what am I missing here? other than the hassle of getting paper copies filled out/ printed and the advantage of getting a refund a few weeks earlier, what is the advantage of e-filing?
at the end its matter of choice... but having choice is always good :-)
at the end its matter of choice... but having choice is always good :-)
more...
house of Mark Rey#39;s Offer Letter
mhtanim
09-15 02:05 PM
I can see it. Refresh your browser
Thanks inskrish for the news.
Anyway, the Proc. dates are a heap of bull shit. The NSC Proc date for I-485 says July 08 2007. We all know the dates were 'U' and noone could have filed a I-485 between July 2 - July 17th (July 2 fiasco). So how can the oldest application that the NSC is blocked on can be dated July 08 2007 !!!
Even if they came across ineligible applications like that, wouldn't they just outright reject them and quickly move on to some other application that they can process??? Why would they consider themselves blocked on such application(s) and issue the processing date to reflect such transient status ???
Some people actually did file during July 2 through July 17 and I am one of them. My law firm (one of the top immigration law firms) was actively involved with the AILF to file the lawsuit against DOS at that time. The law firm recommended all their clients to file I-485 even after July 1st as they though AILF has really good chances of winning the lawsuit.
Thanks inskrish for the news.
Anyway, the Proc. dates are a heap of bull shit. The NSC Proc date for I-485 says July 08 2007. We all know the dates were 'U' and noone could have filed a I-485 between July 2 - July 17th (July 2 fiasco). So how can the oldest application that the NSC is blocked on can be dated July 08 2007 !!!
Even if they came across ineligible applications like that, wouldn't they just outright reject them and quickly move on to some other application that they can process??? Why would they consider themselves blocked on such application(s) and issue the processing date to reflect such transient status ???
Some people actually did file during July 2 through July 17 and I am one of them. My law firm (one of the top immigration law firms) was actively involved with the AILF to file the lawsuit against DOS at that time. The law firm recommended all their clients to file I-485 even after July 1st as they though AILF has really good chances of winning the lawsuit.
tattoo formal letter format
trig1
01-15 03:14 PM
Are ovals allowed? I can probably guess the answer to this, but just wanted to double check before I made my entry.
more...
pictures read letter in jpg format.
yabadaba
06-14 08:04 PM
lets say we dont apply for ead and ap now...will that affect filing ead and ap in the future if the priority dates retrogress?
dresses The format is usiness
saileshdude
12-03 03:13 PM
Does anyone knows if Person eligible for AC21 porting is eligible for unemployment benefit?
I would not recommend , in fact I would say DO NOT even attempt to thing about these benefits while your AOS is still pending.
I would not recommend , in fact I would say DO NOT even attempt to thing about these benefits while your AOS is still pending.
more...
makeup Here is that letter format as
siravi
11-09 04:37 PM
Will be happy to help out with analytical writing, but I see several have volunteered already!
What would "Media Contacts" work involve?
What would "Media Contacts" work involve?
girlfriend labelling a formal letter a
gconmymind
11-05 03:50 AM
Situation - During the month of July, I filed my 485 when all categories were current. Got my receipt too. Missed wife's application because her papers were not ready. Now priority dates have retrogressed again.
Saving grace - Our H1/H4 are in order with many long years left on them.
Question - Can I file my wife 485 now as a dependent, even though "my" PD is not current yet. The core point is that, does the concept of PD applies to the dependent 485 applications too?
I am in almost the same boat, with the exception that my receipts have not arrived yet!! :mad:
Only saving grace is that I am EB2 and my priority date is May '04, so hoping the bulletin to be current for me in a few months so I can file for my wife..keeping my fingers crossed...
Saving grace - Our H1/H4 are in order with many long years left on them.
Question - Can I file my wife 485 now as a dependent, even though "my" PD is not current yet. The core point is that, does the concept of PD applies to the dependent 485 applications too?
I am in almost the same boat, with the exception that my receipts have not arrived yet!! :mad:
Only saving grace is that I am EB2 and my priority date is May '04, so hoping the bulletin to be current for me in a few months so I can file for my wife..keeping my fingers crossed...
hairstyles reading the letter,
austingc
12-26 10:41 PM
Dear Mr. Rude Know it all aka austin gc,
I guess u meant theriyumo theriyatho(thriyumo thriyatho??). It suits you well.
I would appreciate if you keep your suggestions to yourself. keep your corrections/suggestions to the topic as i was not addressing you or anyone is personal. Guess the basic manners of "non personal attacks in public forums unless personally addressed" evades your pea brain. Do not address me anymore, post about the topic to keep it a healthy discussion. It is one thing if you corrected me / its another that you had to talk about my 2 cents and suggest me names. Do not bother attacking me personally , you will be ignored !.
On the topic, the thread opener can talk with his lawyer on what i posted.
Even if the current 140 is delayed/denied(God forbid) for any reason, he can always file for another fresh 140 on the same labor. The labor does not get cancelled as long as the first 140 was filed within 180 days of the approval of labor.
Robert, unless the 140 had a issue with some educational req in labor that you do not meet, you will be able to keep your same PD, even in the worst case scenario of filing for a fresh 140.
varumo_varatho,
I do not know you personally and I did not mean to attack you. First of all I am really so sorry that you felt that way and I apologize for that. When you post something in the forum, it’s not personal anymore. There are lots of people give free opinion based on rumors and confuse the person. There are a lot of so called lawyers around us who makes so many mistakes and ruin innocent people’s lives. In my opinion, people in the forum know immigration policy better than them. That’s why folks come here to post their questions. I have been around in these forums for years and years and reading several forums since 2003. I do not post anything unless until I had personal experience or I know the answer for sure. I have seen people repeatedly post incorrect information which completely contradicts original poster’s question. So once again I apologize and I have nothing personal against you.
Let’s come to the topic. The original poster clearly mentioned that his 140 was denied and his current H1B approval was based on his pending labor and since he applied for I-140 it is not pending anymore. Your answer was ‘He can file extension based on approved labor’. He did not mention anywhere that he filed his extension based on approved labor.
You said ‘H1b extensions can be done based on approved Labor alone. You need i140 only if you need 3 year extensions. You mentioned the extension filed is based on approved labor. You I140 status does not matter for 1 year renewals. This is my own experience’.I had asked you to tell us exactly about your personal experience to clarify things here but you did not post it. I think you may have forgotten. Again, I am not attacking you personally but wanted you to post your personal experience that was related to the original posters question here, so people who read this particular topic can get educated including me. You are welcome to post any link to USCIS guidance if you have one.
If you want to say anything about me other than the topic then you can send me a personal message and we can talk, so we will not waste everyone’s time. Yes, I made a mistake by asking you to change your screen name but lets take that away from this topic.
I guess u meant theriyumo theriyatho(thriyumo thriyatho??). It suits you well.
I would appreciate if you keep your suggestions to yourself. keep your corrections/suggestions to the topic as i was not addressing you or anyone is personal. Guess the basic manners of "non personal attacks in public forums unless personally addressed" evades your pea brain. Do not address me anymore, post about the topic to keep it a healthy discussion. It is one thing if you corrected me / its another that you had to talk about my 2 cents and suggest me names. Do not bother attacking me personally , you will be ignored !.
On the topic, the thread opener can talk with his lawyer on what i posted.
Even if the current 140 is delayed/denied(God forbid) for any reason, he can always file for another fresh 140 on the same labor. The labor does not get cancelled as long as the first 140 was filed within 180 days of the approval of labor.
Robert, unless the 140 had a issue with some educational req in labor that you do not meet, you will be able to keep your same PD, even in the worst case scenario of filing for a fresh 140.
varumo_varatho,
I do not know you personally and I did not mean to attack you. First of all I am really so sorry that you felt that way and I apologize for that. When you post something in the forum, it’s not personal anymore. There are lots of people give free opinion based on rumors and confuse the person. There are a lot of so called lawyers around us who makes so many mistakes and ruin innocent people’s lives. In my opinion, people in the forum know immigration policy better than them. That’s why folks come here to post their questions. I have been around in these forums for years and years and reading several forums since 2003. I do not post anything unless until I had personal experience or I know the answer for sure. I have seen people repeatedly post incorrect information which completely contradicts original poster’s question. So once again I apologize and I have nothing personal against you.
Let’s come to the topic. The original poster clearly mentioned that his 140 was denied and his current H1B approval was based on his pending labor and since he applied for I-140 it is not pending anymore. Your answer was ‘He can file extension based on approved labor’. He did not mention anywhere that he filed his extension based on approved labor.
You said ‘H1b extensions can be done based on approved Labor alone. You need i140 only if you need 3 year extensions. You mentioned the extension filed is based on approved labor. You I140 status does not matter for 1 year renewals. This is my own experience’.I had asked you to tell us exactly about your personal experience to clarify things here but you did not post it. I think you may have forgotten. Again, I am not attacking you personally but wanted you to post your personal experience that was related to the original posters question here, so people who read this particular topic can get educated including me. You are welcome to post any link to USCIS guidance if you have one.
If you want to say anything about me other than the topic then you can send me a personal message and we can talk, so we will not waste everyone’s time. Yes, I made a mistake by asking you to change your screen name but lets take that away from this topic.
h1techSlave
03-25 05:12 PM
I think we all should vote for just one immigration related question
sanju
01-23 11:41 AM
I just found out that I have an employment gap of 11 months working without authorization. I applied for an I-485 in 2007 (I-140 approved) and my paralegal told me I didn't need to renew my H-1 nor apply for EA, I was covered by the pending I-485. Today I got a RFE requesting proof of authorization to work since my h-1 expired, and realized I couldn't be working when I hired a real lawyer to take care of this case and she informed me so. How to respond my RFE??? Would they forgive 11 months of working without permit because of bad advice? I have a 9 year history of keeping my papers legal and up to date until this incident. Please help!
Did you apply for I-765 (EAD card) along with your I-485 application. If you did, that could be the posible reason why the paralegal recommended you for not applying extension of H1. Try to find out if you have a valid EAD card and that should help to reply the RFE. If not, try to check if you have a valid I-131 (advance parole). Just drive to Canada and fly back in, using AP, and say that you were not even here for last many years ;-) How about that?
.
Did you apply for I-765 (EAD card) along with your I-485 application. If you did, that could be the posible reason why the paralegal recommended you for not applying extension of H1. Try to find out if you have a valid EAD card and that should help to reply the RFE. If not, try to check if you have a valid I-131 (advance parole). Just drive to Canada and fly back in, using AP, and say that you were not even here for last many years ;-) How about that?
.
No comments:
Post a Comment