apple
06-11 10:27 AM
Sorry to hear about your case. Trust me, such liability suits are extremely common these days in America, and there is no cause for alarm as long as you take all the necessary steps.
If you had liability insurance for your auto at the time of the accident, the first thing you have to do is to call that insurance company and let them know about the lawsuit. THEY will hire and pay for a lawyer to defend you. If you want to be even more comfortable, you might also hire another defense attorney by yourself.
The catch is, your insurance lawyer will only defend you upto the amount of liability mentioned in your insurance. If there is any judgement over that amount, your personal assets are at stake. This happens only in very very rare scenarios. Most of the times, such lawsuits are settled out-of-court. The amount mentioned in the lawsuit ($3.25 M) is totally irrelevant- what they would eventually get (if any), will be far far away from this figure.
Assuming that there are no criminal charges, and this is a civil tort case, there will be no impact on your immigration proceedings at all.
Make sure you take all the paperwork very seriously and do not ignore any letter/notice/deadlines. Don't even think of running away- its not worth losing your career you have worked so hard for. Unless yours is an extremely unusual case, all that you stand to lose is several nights of sleep and thats all.
I have some links for you to look at:
http://www.illinoisprobono.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.dsp_content&contentID=2116
http://www.laborlawtalk.com/showthread.php?t=111066
http://www.millerandzois.com/Maryland-Personal-Injury-Lawsuit.html
http://ask.metafilter.com/18037/Insurance-Company-Woes
http://www.ashcraftandgerel.com/autoacc.html
http://www.psp-interactive.com/issues/articles/2007-02_09.asp
http://www.rbs2.com/cc.htm
http://medicaleconomics.modernmedicine.com/memag/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=111402
Good Luck!
Thx for the response..
I am already in touch with my insurance claim representative. He told that the insurance's attorney will be responding to the suit and requested me the send the papers asap (which I am going to do today). and they will take care of attorney's expenses.
One more thing that he clearly told is, that they can pay up to $50K and beyond that I have to take care.
-- I don't have any assets here(like shares, house etc)
-- Though I have a house in my country(not sure that would be counted as asset here in this case)
-- Even my bank balance is minimal
I already went thru lots of pain since the accident, and when I thought its all over, it is coming back..Hope I will be able to pass this test, as it is not as complicated as long waiting of GC :)
If you had liability insurance for your auto at the time of the accident, the first thing you have to do is to call that insurance company and let them know about the lawsuit. THEY will hire and pay for a lawyer to defend you. If you want to be even more comfortable, you might also hire another defense attorney by yourself.
The catch is, your insurance lawyer will only defend you upto the amount of liability mentioned in your insurance. If there is any judgement over that amount, your personal assets are at stake. This happens only in very very rare scenarios. Most of the times, such lawsuits are settled out-of-court. The amount mentioned in the lawsuit ($3.25 M) is totally irrelevant- what they would eventually get (if any), will be far far away from this figure.
Assuming that there are no criminal charges, and this is a civil tort case, there will be no impact on your immigration proceedings at all.
Make sure you take all the paperwork very seriously and do not ignore any letter/notice/deadlines. Don't even think of running away- its not worth losing your career you have worked so hard for. Unless yours is an extremely unusual case, all that you stand to lose is several nights of sleep and thats all.
I have some links for you to look at:
http://www.illinoisprobono.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.dsp_content&contentID=2116
http://www.laborlawtalk.com/showthread.php?t=111066
http://www.millerandzois.com/Maryland-Personal-Injury-Lawsuit.html
http://ask.metafilter.com/18037/Insurance-Company-Woes
http://www.ashcraftandgerel.com/autoacc.html
http://www.psp-interactive.com/issues/articles/2007-02_09.asp
http://www.rbs2.com/cc.htm
http://medicaleconomics.modernmedicine.com/memag/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=111402
Good Luck!
Thx for the response..
I am already in touch with my insurance claim representative. He told that the insurance's attorney will be responding to the suit and requested me the send the papers asap (which I am going to do today). and they will take care of attorney's expenses.
One more thing that he clearly told is, that they can pay up to $50K and beyond that I have to take care.
-- I don't have any assets here(like shares, house etc)
-- Though I have a house in my country(not sure that would be counted as asset here in this case)
-- Even my bank balance is minimal
I already went thru lots of pain since the accident, and when I thought its all over, it is coming back..Hope I will be able to pass this test, as it is not as complicated as long waiting of GC :)
wallpaper kate middleton wiki kate
jonty_11
07-10 12:52 PM
What is our next action item...What is the IV Core think we should do..?

sureshn22
12-21 09:51 PM
vfs received my passport today i.e., Dec 18th. Dec 6th 1400 hrs was the H1b appointment.
Here's an extract from Mr.Aytes
>>>
PIMS (Petition Information Management System)
Under PIMS, every consul must see information of an I-129 petition on the system before issuing a visa. As background information, we reproduce the following from an advisory on AILA Infonet:
�Under PIMS, I-129 petitions requesting consular notification as the procedural benefit are sent to KCC (Kentucky Consular Center) after approval. KCC enters key data from the petition into PIMS and scans in key documents such as I-129 form, employer support letter, and identification documents of beneficiary. KCC also performs some database checks looking for evidence of fraud, violations, or other adverse history and records (including from SEVIS) and records its findings in PIMS. When a post is ready to grant a visa based on a petition (and apparently this includes derivatives), it must confirm the petition in PIMS before issuance. DOS knows that USCIS has not been sending change of status or extension of stay petitions to KCC at all, and we expect that interagency discussions are underway about changing that. We know also that even some consular notification petitions have not been sent to KCC. Any petition not sent to KCC will not show up in PIMS, and there may be other reasons why a petition sent to KCC does not show up in PIMS. When a post does not find a petition in PIMS, it must email to KCC, which unlike posts has direct access to USCIS' CLAIMS3 system where USCIS records petition approvals. KCC will record the fact of the petition approval and any other information it chooses, and when posts check PIMS they can find the information on which visa approval can be based. But until the post sees the petition in PIMS, the visa cannot be granted.�
Mr. Aytes acknowledged that PIMS caught consuls by surprise. Every client must be warned of a wait of 2-4 working days before being issued a visa at an overseas consular post. It is likely that an I-129 petition filed as a change or extension of status will result in further delays as USCIS does not send information on those petitions to the KCC.
>>>
My wife attended H4 Visa interview on 6th but we are yet to receive passport. VFS is clueless and Consulate answers 3-4 working days everytime we call them. Is anyone facing this situation?
Here's an extract from Mr.Aytes
>>>
PIMS (Petition Information Management System)
Under PIMS, every consul must see information of an I-129 petition on the system before issuing a visa. As background information, we reproduce the following from an advisory on AILA Infonet:
�Under PIMS, I-129 petitions requesting consular notification as the procedural benefit are sent to KCC (Kentucky Consular Center) after approval. KCC enters key data from the petition into PIMS and scans in key documents such as I-129 form, employer support letter, and identification documents of beneficiary. KCC also performs some database checks looking for evidence of fraud, violations, or other adverse history and records (including from SEVIS) and records its findings in PIMS. When a post is ready to grant a visa based on a petition (and apparently this includes derivatives), it must confirm the petition in PIMS before issuance. DOS knows that USCIS has not been sending change of status or extension of stay petitions to KCC at all, and we expect that interagency discussions are underway about changing that. We know also that even some consular notification petitions have not been sent to KCC. Any petition not sent to KCC will not show up in PIMS, and there may be other reasons why a petition sent to KCC does not show up in PIMS. When a post does not find a petition in PIMS, it must email to KCC, which unlike posts has direct access to USCIS' CLAIMS3 system where USCIS records petition approvals. KCC will record the fact of the petition approval and any other information it chooses, and when posts check PIMS they can find the information on which visa approval can be based. But until the post sees the petition in PIMS, the visa cannot be granted.�
Mr. Aytes acknowledged that PIMS caught consuls by surprise. Every client must be warned of a wait of 2-4 working days before being issued a visa at an overseas consular post. It is likely that an I-129 petition filed as a change or extension of status will result in further delays as USCIS does not send information on those petitions to the KCC.
>>>
My wife attended H4 Visa interview on 6th but we are yet to receive passport. VFS is clueless and Consulate answers 3-4 working days everytime we call them. Is anyone facing this situation?
2011 Kate Middleton

pmb76
07-15 05:54 PM
in the past lou also made comments that h-1 bs don't pay taxes... which we know is far from truth.
you should inlcude this in the petition
I believe you, I have heard this as well. Although I don't remember watching the show. If you point me to the show on utube I will certainly include it. I can't include statements without adequate proof. Thank you for your support.
you should inlcude this in the petition
I believe you, I have heard this as well. Although I don't remember watching the show. If you point me to the show on utube I will certainly include it. I can't include statements without adequate proof. Thank you for your support.
more...
mach1343
10-17 03:09 PM
ICICI is a worst crap. CS is horrible. I was with them for last 8 months. They have the best RIP-OFF technology in terms of rate conversions. I am planning to move to SBI. But please suggest best banks for remit2India. We'll list out the banks so that it will useful for other members.
drona
07-11 07:45 PM
Can we put a poll on this thread to see how many members will attend the rally? Thanks.
more...

easygoer
05-26 06:17 PM
Salient features of Bill: S.1085
After analyzing this bill, I found the following:
1. This bill will recapture all those unused employment based visas (gcs) from 1997 till 2008 and it will add those recaptured visas to this year's employment based quota.
2. After the passage of this bill, any unused visas will rollover to the next year. So, no more wastage of visas as we go forward.
3. Per country limit will be increased from 7% to 10%, so more folks from over subscribed countries would be able to come under the normal yearly quota.
4. We will be able to avail the benefits of the recapture after 60 days of the passage of the bill. That means, if they are able to recapture 220,000 (approx) employment based visas, the employment based category will be able to use all those after 60 days of the passage of this bill. USCIS is pre-adjudicating all I485s pending and if this bill gets passed in say for eg by October 30, almost all (80%) in this community (who filed 485) would be able get their GCs in Jan and Feb of 2010.
What makes this bill much more interesting is:
1. This is not a bill targetting the issues of Employment based category - So there won't be a huge backlash against this in the name of the economy and recession. The provisions for the employment category are just one item in this bill.
2. Family based immigration reform has a wider range of support from all kinds of groups unlike Employment based immigration reform. Just search for this bill "Reuniting Families Act" in google news and you can identify all those organizations supporting this bill (they all have a news release).
Complete Text of this Bill:
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:S.1085:
Thanks realizeit to present simple format.
After analyzing this bill, I found the following:
1. This bill will recapture all those unused employment based visas (gcs) from 1997 till 2008 and it will add those recaptured visas to this year's employment based quota.
2. After the passage of this bill, any unused visas will rollover to the next year. So, no more wastage of visas as we go forward.
3. Per country limit will be increased from 7% to 10%, so more folks from over subscribed countries would be able to come under the normal yearly quota.
4. We will be able to avail the benefits of the recapture after 60 days of the passage of the bill. That means, if they are able to recapture 220,000 (approx) employment based visas, the employment based category will be able to use all those after 60 days of the passage of this bill. USCIS is pre-adjudicating all I485s pending and if this bill gets passed in say for eg by October 30, almost all (80%) in this community (who filed 485) would be able get their GCs in Jan and Feb of 2010.
What makes this bill much more interesting is:
1. This is not a bill targetting the issues of Employment based category - So there won't be a huge backlash against this in the name of the economy and recession. The provisions for the employment category are just one item in this bill.
2. Family based immigration reform has a wider range of support from all kinds of groups unlike Employment based immigration reform. Just search for this bill "Reuniting Families Act" in google news and you can identify all those organizations supporting this bill (they all have a news release).
Complete Text of this Bill:
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:S.1085:
Thanks realizeit to present simple format.
2010 prince william kate middleton

desi3933
05-08 06:20 PM
Feedbacks I have received for my post -
http://i39.tinypic.com/2jcvnh5.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/2jcvnh5.jpg
more...
gsc999
07-13 05:23 PM
Send me a PM with your ph # if you are in or near the bay area and can volunteer your time tomorrow at the event
hair William And Kate Middleton
Green.Tech
06-17 04:12 PM
Please don't get bogged down by whether the bills will help an individual category. Everyone involved in EB GC process will be in a good position once these bills pass. So, please participate in IV's phone and funding campaigns.
Thanks!
Thanks!
more...
PavanV
08-18 02:16 PM
With the attitude towards immigration in this country, i really doubt this bill will pass :(, i really hope it does though, i think the USICS is a strong believer of "sabar ka phal meeta hota hai", translated, the fruit of a long wait is sweet, i just hope the wait is not too long and the fruit rotten
Also, i am ready to help/organize/contribute for the community to make these bills pass....
Also, i am ready to help/organize/contribute for the community to make these bills pass....
hot kate middleton opera.
gsc999
07-11 02:25 AM
Administrator - Please make this the new sticky for San Jose 07/14 peaceful walk.
more...
house Kate Middleton Wikipedia
485Mbe4001
07-09 04:54 PM
looks like the bills hit the floor with a crash;)
Are the bills hitting the floor next week?
Are the bills hitting the floor next week?
tattoo kate middleton wiki kate
misanthrope
10-05 12:45 PM
Ok, someone left a red saying "So you mean finding a loophole in the law makes you superior, even though you lie about your intention at your F1 stamping?".
NONE of these statements are true. I NEVER made a statement about superiority or abasing any category. My posts are directed towards individuals, I couldn't care any less about their categories.
Go read all my posts and do post here your deductions. I expect them to be logical, please.
NONE of these statements are true. I NEVER made a statement about superiority or abasing any category. My posts are directed towards individuals, I couldn't care any less about their categories.
Go read all my posts and do post here your deductions. I expect them to be logical, please.
more...
pictures kate middleton wiki. Kate Middleton Wikipedia Page

pappu
04-10 07:23 AM
The funding drive ends on coming Friday Pappu : Does this thread yet needs to be bumped up?
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$GOOD EVENING GC$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Deadline = April 30th, 2011
Goal = 5000 votes on survey (see I-485 filing w/o current PD thread) and momentum to continue with this campaign.The survey is a platform to gather and push for launching action items. Based on response by 04/30/2011 - IV will decide whether to even proceed with initiative or not.
Actions - 1) Vote on survey.
2)Email ivcoordinator@gmail.com with PD, ph#,email & subject "I485 filing impacted�,
3)Print/Circulate Fliers and spread FB, wiki link (see "support thread")
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$GOOD EVENING GC$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Deadline = April 30th, 2011
Goal = 5000 votes on survey (see I-485 filing w/o current PD thread) and momentum to continue with this campaign.The survey is a platform to gather and push for launching action items. Based on response by 04/30/2011 - IV will decide whether to even proceed with initiative or not.
Actions - 1) Vote on survey.
2)Email ivcoordinator@gmail.com with PD, ph#,email & subject "I485 filing impacted�,
3)Print/Circulate Fliers and spread FB, wiki link (see "support thread")
dresses Kate Middleton#39;s Style: Fit
ssa
10-08 03:19 PM
I haven't received the physical H1B approval notice from my attorney yet so I don't know what's the I-94 # on that one although I doubt it will be the same. AFAIK each I-94 number is unique and different. Anyway, I don't think I-94 number itself matters any, just the fact that you have valid, not expired I-94 is sufficient.
I did not fill the forms for the transfer myself (the attorney did) so I don't know for a fact what he entered in "last manner of entry" but I'm 99.99% sure they must have said "Paroled" as they asked for my I-94 that had "paroled" stamp on it to attach with the petition.
Finally, I did not get any RFE.
Hi ssa,
Thanks for your response.
Its good to know that you were able to do a H1B Transfer
even after entering US on Advance Parole.
Followup questions:
1. Is the I-94 # on your New H1B Approval same as the I-94 which you got
when you entered US on Advance Parole?
2. I am sure that your Attorney might have mentioned that last manner of
Entry into US is "Paroled" when he filed for your H1B transfer.
Please confirm this.
3. Finally, did u get any RFE for your H1B Transfer?
I did not fill the forms for the transfer myself (the attorney did) so I don't know for a fact what he entered in "last manner of entry" but I'm 99.99% sure they must have said "Paroled" as they asked for my I-94 that had "paroled" stamp on it to attach with the petition.
Finally, I did not get any RFE.
Hi ssa,
Thanks for your response.
Its good to know that you were able to do a H1B Transfer
even after entering US on Advance Parole.
Followup questions:
1. Is the I-94 # on your New H1B Approval same as the I-94 which you got
when you entered US on Advance Parole?
2. I am sure that your Attorney might have mentioned that last manner of
Entry into US is "Paroled" when he filed for your H1B transfer.
Please confirm this.
3. Finally, did u get any RFE for your H1B Transfer?
more...
makeup kate middleton wiki. kate middleton wikipedia. kate middleton wikipedia.
spdy_mn
06-13 06:23 PM
I am getting married in Jan 2008. can i go ahead and apply now? How to include the wife? will that be a problem.
girlfriend Kate Middleton
sledge_hammer
01-28 03:19 PM
One has to remember that the famous "AC21" is also a memo! My only concern is that we need to have a really good reason why we think AC21 is legal, and should be abided by, by USCIS, but the latest "E-E Relationship" memo is not legal, or is unjust...
AILA wants to fight this on the grounds that such directives cannot be mandated in the form of a memo, but laws have to be passed. What if USCIS retracts the AC21 memo on the same grounds?
AILA wants to fight this on the grounds that such directives cannot be mandated in the form of a memo, but laws have to be passed. What if USCIS retracts the AC21 memo on the same grounds?
hairstyles house pippa middleton wiki
sparuthi
09-17 01:00 PM
They are in recess.. will HR5882 come up after lunch.. I m on west coast,. so i dont know what has already taken place.. can someone pl let us know here..thanks
logiclife
02-22 05:18 PM
The conventional wisdom, overall, in DC is that when it comes to Legal EB immigration, Republicans are our friends.
If you are an illegal Democrats are your friends.
These days, the dems and republicans have joined hands against illegal variety. There hasnt been a litmus test of legal immigration on Dems or Republicans. I dont think S 1932 was any indication on where congress stands on our issue. S 1932 was a budget reconcilation bill and they had bigger fish to fry: Budget reconcilation. In order to garner support from their own party, republican leadership had to drop immigration and other non budget related things from 1932. Tancredo and Smith can only have fun as long as there is tough opposition to any bill. On bills of like PACE having 60 senators and hopefully majority on board, Tancredo, Byrd, Smith and cheerleaders like him may not have bargaining power they had during 1932
If you are an illegal Democrats are your friends.
These days, the dems and republicans have joined hands against illegal variety. There hasnt been a litmus test of legal immigration on Dems or Republicans. I dont think S 1932 was any indication on where congress stands on our issue. S 1932 was a budget reconcilation bill and they had bigger fish to fry: Budget reconcilation. In order to garner support from their own party, republican leadership had to drop immigration and other non budget related things from 1932. Tancredo and Smith can only have fun as long as there is tough opposition to any bill. On bills of like PACE having 60 senators and hopefully majority on board, Tancredo, Byrd, Smith and cheerleaders like him may not have bargaining power they had during 1932
Steven_jd
06-04 10:00 PM
http://img85.echo.cx/img85/3545/bpod1fv.jpg
representing BB-ville to the mix !
Steven_jd
representing BB-ville to the mix !
Steven_jd
No comments:
Post a Comment