
coolbreeze
Nov 19, 11:59 AM
I'm certain TJ MAXX ran this by their legal team...
If they are willing to sell the product at a $100 loss, that's their choice. You may not have a warranty, etc, because they aren't "authorized" by Apple as a price-controlled reseller, but that doesn't mean it's illegal for them to sell it.
I sold my iPad on craigslist at a loss. I'm not authorized to do that and Steve doesn't care.
If they are willing to sell the product at a $100 loss, that's their choice. You may not have a warranty, etc, because they aren't "authorized" by Apple as a price-controlled reseller, but that doesn't mean it's illegal for them to sell it.
I sold my iPad on craigslist at a loss. I'm not authorized to do that and Steve doesn't care.
yellow
Oct 4, 09:58 AM
It was set to spellcheck all outgoing messages automatically, but lost the location of its dictionary. How do you think Notes would handle that? Just inform the user, "I can't spellcheck, but would you like me send out the message anyway?", right? Wrong! It wouldn't let the user send any mail at all, until I remoted in and disabled the spellcheck entirely. When I was back on site today, I had to reinstall Notes on her machine to fix it.
I've run into this one a few times.. very annoying..
I've run into this one a few times.. very annoying..

AppleFanatic10
Apr 7, 11:46 AM
I hope they release one for the Verizon iPhone...
zuma022
Sep 3, 01:20 PM
Here's mine. Doubt anyone wants my cat on their desktop, so not posting a link.
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/4345/screenshot20100903at111.png (http://img34.imageshack.us/i/screenshot20100903at111.png/)
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/4345/screenshot20100903at111.png (http://img34.imageshack.us/i/screenshot20100903at111.png/)
more...
MykullMyerz
Mar 21, 06:20 PM
what did you ( you probably answered this 100000000 times):apple:
Huh?
Huh?
pdjudd
Apr 4, 07:52 AM
This is a great offer. But how about unlimited calls to any states in the US? I think it would be very good for a subscriber who wants to call anywhere in the US. thanks.
AT&T's cellular plans are already nationwide. Unless of course you want unlimited international plans which I don't think are ever going to happen.
AT&T's cellular plans are already nationwide. Unless of course you want unlimited international plans which I don't think are ever going to happen.
more...

MacRumors
Nov 20, 11:40 AM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com)
Appleinsider reports (http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=2251) on a research note by analyst Shaw Wu about a possible second version of the iPhone from Apple.
This second version would incoporate Apple's iChat software and may be dubbed "iChat mobile". According to Wu, Instant Messaging (rather than email) would be the focus of the device.
According to recent reports (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/11/20061115090741.shtml), one version of the iPhone has already been contracted out with target delivery in early 2007. This first version of the iPhone was described as a candy-bar form factor (artist rendition (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/09/20060913215342.shtml)).
Previous predictions of Shaw Wu are reviewed in our Guide pages (http://guides.macrumors.com/Shaw_Wu_%28Analyst%29).
Appleinsider reports (http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=2251) on a research note by analyst Shaw Wu about a possible second version of the iPhone from Apple.
This second version would incoporate Apple's iChat software and may be dubbed "iChat mobile". According to Wu, Instant Messaging (rather than email) would be the focus of the device.
According to recent reports (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/11/20061115090741.shtml), one version of the iPhone has already been contracted out with target delivery in early 2007. This first version of the iPhone was described as a candy-bar form factor (artist rendition (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/09/20060913215342.shtml)).
Previous predictions of Shaw Wu are reviewed in our Guide pages (http://guides.macrumors.com/Shaw_Wu_%28Analyst%29).
G5Unit
Mar 30, 07:00 PM
buy a memory card
That's not really in the budget right now:(
Anyway I can back it up to my Mac?
That's not really in the budget right now:(
Anyway I can back it up to my Mac?
more...
joepunk
Feb 18, 12:31 AM
So there is/was a massive Solar Flare (http://www.cbc.ca/technology/story/2011/02/17/science-solar-flare-aurora.html) hitting us recently and at my parents house the lights started flickering around 6pm tonight (thursday, 02.17). Just now thought that that could have been because of this recent solar flare affecting the powergrid.
cool vids from NASA (http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/sunearth/news/News021411-xclass.html)
cool vids from NASA (http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/sunearth/news/News021411-xclass.html)
kuebby
Apr 30, 01:47 PM
It's just a calendar to manage people's birthdays... it'll repeat the event every year as an all-day event.
more...
vigu360
May 4, 12:53 PM
Does all new Apple 27" i7 models have Z68 chipset or it's just only when you order it with 256GB SSD option which I have to wait for 4-6 weeks?
mainstreetmark
Apr 6, 12:23 PM
If each byte were a $1000 bill, that's still less than the US national debt of $14.3PB (again, if B were $1000 for agrument's sake)
more...

chicagdan
Jan 9, 03:22 PM
This is my first time witnessing a live Macworld. I made the switch early last year and have become more addicted since. I was hoping for an update to the Mac Pro. A price drop, Cores maybe. Some More Juiciness about Leopard. I think the iPhone is really cool! I'm not that interested tho. I'm happy for everyone that has been dreaming of one.
I found the announcement of the name change to be scary. Obviously this keynote is a good example of how they are dropping the "computer" focus on the company. Which is kinda cool in a way but scary too. Just when I start getting into this whole thing they switch focus? I hope this isn't as bad as I think it could be.
I'm voted on disappointed but I am not totally bummed. I still think it was a great keynote. And I still think Steve and Apple are "Wicked cool". I can't wait to see the video.:cool:
My fellow Chicago mac user makes a good point ... I too found the name change disconcerting. It seems like Steve is setting us up for a time in the near future when OS-X will be set free to appear on any Intel box and Apple will stop making computers, focusing instead on OS-X based entertainment and communications devices. Mac World isn't even about the Mac anymore.
But still, there will be many, many more Steve announcement keynotes this year ... there's the Leopard/iWork/iLife release still to come. There will be WWDC. Will we have Mac-based keynotes anymore? Maybe not. Now that they've shifted to Intel and there's no surprise left, unless a new form factor is introduced, changes may come regularly and quietly.
I found the announcement of the name change to be scary. Obviously this keynote is a good example of how they are dropping the "computer" focus on the company. Which is kinda cool in a way but scary too. Just when I start getting into this whole thing they switch focus? I hope this isn't as bad as I think it could be.
I'm voted on disappointed but I am not totally bummed. I still think it was a great keynote. And I still think Steve and Apple are "Wicked cool". I can't wait to see the video.:cool:
My fellow Chicago mac user makes a good point ... I too found the name change disconcerting. It seems like Steve is setting us up for a time in the near future when OS-X will be set free to appear on any Intel box and Apple will stop making computers, focusing instead on OS-X based entertainment and communications devices. Mac World isn't even about the Mac anymore.
But still, there will be many, many more Steve announcement keynotes this year ... there's the Leopard/iWork/iLife release still to come. There will be WWDC. Will we have Mac-based keynotes anymore? Maybe not. Now that they've shifted to Intel and there's no surprise left, unless a new form factor is introduced, changes may come regularly and quietly.
hugodrax
Apr 30, 07:13 PM
Castle Bravo is the internal name for the project.
more...
eric.c
Sep 4, 12:42 AM
http://imgur.com/t4SIA.jpg (http://imgur.com/t4SIA.jpg)

laurim
Apr 4, 01:24 PM
I'm with T-Mobile now. I'm tired of waiting for TMo to get the iPhone so with the merger possibility, I looked into getting an iPhone with ATT. Since the iPhone will probably be upgraded this year, I thought I would get a $20 refurb 3GS with the new contract and upgrade early (probably at full phone price) when the new model comes out. I used the online ATT chat with a rep to make sure this was possible. She swore up and down that the iPhone is the only phone you can't upgrade early so there would be absolutely no way for me to get the new iPhone when it comes out, even if I paid full price for it. Then I see this post that specifically addresses early upgrading and no-commitment pricing. WTF?? Is she just a clueless rep or was she lying to me?
more...
Patricia0709
May 1, 09:32 PM
So I got my Photoshop on Mac last year and somehow, I think I accidentally pressed something. I used to have a transparent background whenever I use it so I can see the desktop but now it's all gray and boring. How do I turn it back? I have the Translucent option checked btw. Thanks for any help that will come.
Tech-Minded
Jul 7, 09:37 PM
Just bought a 1tb Seagate Desk external hard drive and in an effort to try and hide it, I'm modifying a shoe box to house it nicely. If anyone else has some sort of special set up for their external drive(s), post a picture of it here!
^^ CoolMacLover
Aug 29, 02:50 AM
Gonna take a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time. Not many books even have a CD to come with it :P
Kingsly
Oct 21, 01:57 AM
Fantastic! :D
AP_piano295
May 4, 08:48 PM
^ well put.
+1
+1
MBX
Apr 30, 06:34 PM
lol - what a great Episode: http://www.southparkstudios.com/news/383081/see-humancentipad-uncensored
Even as an Apple fanboi you gotta admit there's truth to it.
Even as an Apple fanboi you gotta admit there's truth to it.
WillEH
Mar 27, 03:21 PM
Just report it under misleading title. As it's a misleading title, they will quickly remove it.
You have successfully submitted a report.
:rolleyes: @ all the keyboard lawyers.
You have successfully submitted a report.
:rolleyes: @ all the keyboard lawyers.
Dbrown
Apr 21, 10:52 AM
REALLY? You're going to throw a 3 and 4 year old phone into the argument? Fine. How many old Android phones can run all the available apps. Heck, how many Android phones less than a year old run all the apps available?:rolleyes:
all of them.
all of them.
No comments:
Post a Comment