gcformeornot
12-31 02:22 PM
friends... its not going to affect IV agenda.... no law makers are working these days... we will try hard when they come back...... meanwhile few more clicks will secure your vote.... please do so.........
wallpaper lake griffin dunks on gallinari. Gallinari in New York. Los

desi3933
03-01 10:38 PM
Hi,
I am working for company A and I applied for H1 transfer to company B. They applied for premium processing on 25th and on 27th feb i got RFE.
RFE is
All payroll summaries (W-2 ) evidencing wages paid since you began work in H-1B status.
I came to US on 2006 feb, the attorney is submitting my W2s on Monday. But my 2006 W2 is not good i have only 20K on 2006 W2, 2007 and 2008 W2S are good.
As my 2006 W2 is not good , does it effect my H1B transfer.
Please let me know your thoughts.
Thanks
When was your last entry into the US on H1-B visa? You need to prove that you are maintaining status since last entry only.
____________________
Not a legal advice
US citizen of Indian origin
I am working for company A and I applied for H1 transfer to company B. They applied for premium processing on 25th and on 27th feb i got RFE.
RFE is
All payroll summaries (W-2 ) evidencing wages paid since you began work in H-1B status.
I came to US on 2006 feb, the attorney is submitting my W2s on Monday. But my 2006 W2 is not good i have only 20K on 2006 W2, 2007 and 2008 W2S are good.
As my 2006 W2 is not good , does it effect my H1B transfer.
Please let me know your thoughts.
Thanks
When was your last entry into the US on H1-B visa? You need to prove that you are maintaining status since last entry only.
____________________
Not a legal advice
US citizen of Indian origin
varumo_varatho
12-25 10:58 AM
Varumo_varatho,
Your 140 is filed based on your labor and it is denied now. How will USCIS allow you to extend your H1B with a denied I-140? Technically once you filed I-140 then the labor has no value and you have to take action based on I-140. The rule is you can extend your H1B based on your pending labor or pending I-140 or approved I-140. That means once you file I-140 then do not hold your breath to file an H1B extension based on your labor.
Can you tell us your personal experience that how you got your H1B extended with your I-140 denial?
If you don�t know anything please do not give your 2 cents here. Nobody asked your wrong opinion and no one is longing for you to post some false information here.
I would suggest you to change your screen name to Thriyumo_Thriyatho
Dear Mr. Rude Know it all aka austin gc,
I guess u meant theriyumo theriyatho(thriyumo thriyatho??). It suits you well.
I would appreciate if you keep your suggestions to yourself. keep your corrections/suggestions to the topic as i was not addressing you or anyone is personal. Guess the basic manners of "non personal attacks in public forums unless personally addressed" evades your pea brain. Do not address me anymore, post about the topic to keep it a healthy discussion. It is one thing if you corrected me / its another that you had to talk about my 2 cents and suggest me names. Do not bother attacking me personally , you will be ignored !.
On the topic, the thread opener can talk with his lawyer on what i posted.
Even if the current 140 is delayed/denied(God forbid) for any reason, he can always file for another fresh 140 on the same labor. The labor does not get cancelled as long as the first 140 was filed within 180 days of the approval of labor.
Robert, unless the 140 had a issue with some educational req in labor that you do not meet, you will be able to keep your same PD, even in the worst case scenario of filing for a fresh 140.
Your 140 is filed based on your labor and it is denied now. How will USCIS allow you to extend your H1B with a denied I-140? Technically once you filed I-140 then the labor has no value and you have to take action based on I-140. The rule is you can extend your H1B based on your pending labor or pending I-140 or approved I-140. That means once you file I-140 then do not hold your breath to file an H1B extension based on your labor.
Can you tell us your personal experience that how you got your H1B extended with your I-140 denial?
If you don�t know anything please do not give your 2 cents here. Nobody asked your wrong opinion and no one is longing for you to post some false information here.
I would suggest you to change your screen name to Thriyumo_Thriyatho
Dear Mr. Rude Know it all aka austin gc,
I guess u meant theriyumo theriyatho(thriyumo thriyatho??). It suits you well.
I would appreciate if you keep your suggestions to yourself. keep your corrections/suggestions to the topic as i was not addressing you or anyone is personal. Guess the basic manners of "non personal attacks in public forums unless personally addressed" evades your pea brain. Do not address me anymore, post about the topic to keep it a healthy discussion. It is one thing if you corrected me / its another that you had to talk about my 2 cents and suggest me names. Do not bother attacking me personally , you will be ignored !.
On the topic, the thread opener can talk with his lawyer on what i posted.
Even if the current 140 is delayed/denied(God forbid) for any reason, he can always file for another fresh 140 on the same labor. The labor does not get cancelled as long as the first 140 was filed within 180 days of the approval of labor.
Robert, unless the 140 had a issue with some educational req in labor that you do not meet, you will be able to keep your same PD, even in the worst case scenario of filing for a fresh 140.
2011 2011 NBA Slam Dunk Contest:
vin13
08-24 11:40 AM
I had 485 interview a month back (previously at the national benefits center) at the local USCIS office. The interview went fine except that they gave me an RFE asking for additional documents verifying employment. Since then I submited documents to the local office a 3 weeks back. Today my supervisor got a call from USCIS Anti Fraud Detection (homeland security) and they left a voice mail that they need to verify my immigration status.
Is this normal? Is there something i need to worry about?
My record is pretty straighforward. I am with the same employer since 2002 first on H1b and then EAD on a permanent postion and no gap in employment and never out of status
My supervisor called back but went to voicemail and left a general message
I have been hearing of more verifications of this kind. But if your records are straightforward, you should not worry. Make sure your immigration attorney is in the loop.
Just wondering what could have triggered this inquiry. Could you give some insight to whether you are working for a small company, consulting, etc that you believe could be a possible reason. Maybe it is just a random pick...
Is this normal? Is there something i need to worry about?
My record is pretty straighforward. I am with the same employer since 2002 first on H1b and then EAD on a permanent postion and no gap in employment and never out of status
My supervisor called back but went to voicemail and left a general message
I have been hearing of more verifications of this kind. But if your records are straightforward, you should not worry. Make sure your immigration attorney is in the loop.
Just wondering what could have triggered this inquiry. Could you give some insight to whether you are working for a small company, consulting, etc that you believe could be a possible reason. Maybe it is just a random pick...
more...
yagw
08-04 06:33 PM
I've applied for EAD/AP renewal for both myself and my wife. I spent $1,290 for this.
Say I got my GC approved and then I call USCIS and withdraw my pending EAD/AP application. Will I get a refund for pending EAD/AP application, if I get my GC approved before EAD/AP approval?
Thanks,
India EB2; PD - Nov 05
I-140 - Filed Mar '06; Approved Jun '06
I-485 - Reached NSC July 26'07;
Nope. You will be asked to pay double the amount for 485 since they approved it before your EAD :D
Say I got my GC approved and then I call USCIS and withdraw my pending EAD/AP application. Will I get a refund for pending EAD/AP application, if I get my GC approved before EAD/AP approval?
Thanks,
India EB2; PD - Nov 05
I-140 - Filed Mar '06; Approved Jun '06
I-485 - Reached NSC July 26'07;
Nope. You will be asked to pay double the amount for 485 since they approved it before your EAD :D
gk_2000
08-29 01:25 AM
Not only mine. There are many in the same scenario. Its the feeling of being close to the finishline but stll can't cross it. Sudden Influx of anything let it be USCIS is not good.
I was so busy worrying I don't have proper shoe, that I didn't notice a person pass by with no leg
I was so busy worrying I don't have proper shoe, that I didn't notice a person pass by with no leg
more...

immi2006
10-21 11:40 PM
I do not think so, even though you have two application , there will be only 1 A# for each applicant.
We got only 1 FP notice for each of us. Our case is slightly different. I filed for myself and my wife. My wife filed for herself.
We did not apply for EAD and AP, through my wife. I applied from my side for both of us.
OK, everyone knows that double I485 was not a good idea. However, many people had done it and I was one who was thinking of it, but did not do it. As per my attorney's advise, stopping a check issued to a governmental entity is not legal. On these grounds, I decided not to file 2nd time.
I guess the best way would be to withdraw the second petition. One can do that by writing a letter stating the reason for withdrawal and sending it to the appropriate service center (with tracking number.) Of course, the reason should be true, "Due to the July Visa Bulletin fiasco and indications that my first I485 could have been lost, I sent out a second application which is should not be considered anymore," or something like that. Withdrawal of the second I485 would, most likely, be the safest way to go about it.
Regards,
We got only 1 FP notice for each of us. Our case is slightly different. I filed for myself and my wife. My wife filed for herself.
We did not apply for EAD and AP, through my wife. I applied from my side for both of us.
OK, everyone knows that double I485 was not a good idea. However, many people had done it and I was one who was thinking of it, but did not do it. As per my attorney's advise, stopping a check issued to a governmental entity is not legal. On these grounds, I decided not to file 2nd time.
I guess the best way would be to withdraw the second petition. One can do that by writing a letter stating the reason for withdrawal and sending it to the appropriate service center (with tracking number.) Of course, the reason should be true, "Due to the July Visa Bulletin fiasco and indications that my first I485 could have been lost, I sent out a second application which is should not be considered anymore," or something like that. Withdrawal of the second I485 would, most likely, be the safest way to go about it.
Regards,
2010 lake griffin dunks on gallinari. forward Blake Griffin
gcpadmavyuh
09-23 01:51 PM
Thanks Jindhal.
I have been working with the Director of International Students office at the university from day 1.
After going through the discussions, and convincing her that my wife can work, she is now asking for law that allows AOS candidates to take up graduate study.
Frustrating!
Having an EAD ensures you can receive scholarships, grants, and any other financial assistantship. If you have an H4 you cannot work on campus or off campus and cannot receive any money from the university. My suggestion to the OP would be to get in touch with the International Students sections at the university and talk to the head or someone higher up. If possible set up a meeting and explain your situation and visa category. Maybe they might change their minds.
Best of luck and please post what your final decision was, I am going to be in a similar situation a year from now.
I have been working with the Director of International Students office at the university from day 1.
After going through the discussions, and convincing her that my wife can work, she is now asking for law that allows AOS candidates to take up graduate study.
Frustrating!
Having an EAD ensures you can receive scholarships, grants, and any other financial assistantship. If you have an H4 you cannot work on campus or off campus and cannot receive any money from the university. My suggestion to the OP would be to get in touch with the International Students sections at the university and talk to the head or someone higher up. If possible set up a meeting and explain your situation and visa category. Maybe they might change their minds.
Best of luck and please post what your final decision was, I am going to be in a similar situation a year from now.
more...

ArkBird
07-29 06:29 PM
This is my job description before being director and as per my lawyer (absolute hearsay) , "The very purpose of AC21 is to give us relief from working for same jobs over number of years and this is natural progression of job.you are in your SAME field. If it was Director of Finance of Sale, it's big no no but in this case you are just growing vertically i my professional career. USCIS has very liberal policy in this matter
And yes, you don't have to inform USCIS about it.
Good Luck with your new job!
And yes, you don't have to inform USCIS about it.
Good Luck with your new job!
hair lake griffin dunks on gallinari. Blake Griffin Spin Move Dun
Stan09
07-17 11:35 AM
Anyhow, this is not the point. The point is - except but official fees employer MAY request reimbursement for H1B. My employer charges me with $4000 for h1B expenses (and those 1500 are not included into this amount). And I have not seen bodyshoppers stupid enough to include this provision into contract _without_ making special references as to which court and under which state law will be used to resolve possible conflicts. Bodyshoppers are very smart in everything that concerns money.
more...
aadimanav
11-01 09:40 PM
Hello experts,
Could someone explain to me why is that 61,000 visa recapture exclusively for nurses is not good for EB3 category? To me it will make the EB3 queue smaller (i.e. Current Applications In the EB3 Queue MINUS 61,000). Why this is not good, and why I don't hear any body say so?
* Is this not good because 61,000 visas will be recaptured EXCLUSIVELY for NURSES. This 61,000 quota should have been spread over all categories EB1, EB2, EB3.
* Is this not good because it doesn't help EB2 and EB1?
* Some other reason
Please educate and comment.
Could someone explain to me why is that 61,000 visa recapture exclusively for nurses is not good for EB3 category? To me it will make the EB3 queue smaller (i.e. Current Applications In the EB3 Queue MINUS 61,000). Why this is not good, and why I don't hear any body say so?
* Is this not good because 61,000 visas will be recaptured EXCLUSIVELY for NURSES. This 61,000 quota should have been spread over all categories EB1, EB2, EB3.
* Is this not good because it doesn't help EB2 and EB1?
* Some other reason
Please educate and comment.
hot After Blake Griffin went
deepimpact
09-17 11:35 PM
do we know how much it is for this year?
For FY2010 it was ~ 10K and it was mentioned some time back on USCIS website that the spillover for FY2011 may be similar. But I guess we won't know until an official announcement is made.
For FY2010 it was ~ 10K and it was mentioned some time back on USCIS website that the spillover for FY2011 may be similar. But I guess we won't know until an official announcement is made.
more...
house Blake has gone from freckled

acecupid
08-19 09:38 PM
If you renew your passport in US it takes approx 5-6 working days. I have done that at san francisco indian consulate. In India it may take weeks or even more than a month unless you have some connections. You know how things work in India...
I dont think you should have problems even at POE with passport expiring less than 6 months. I would suggest try to renew it in US if you have time or dont renew it at all till you come back to US. Trying to do it in India might cause delays.
I dont think you should have problems even at POE with passport expiring less than 6 months. I would suggest try to renew it in US if you have time or dont renew it at all till you come back to US. Trying to do it in India might cause delays.
tattoo Clippers forward Blake Griffin
franklin
06-15 12:33 AM
Hi
Can I file for the I-485 before july 1st 2007?
I doing my medical exam next week on the 20th, that's the earliest i could get in MA.
However i'm going to do my x-ray tomorrow, because i always test positive after the TB test, but x-ray negative. Does it hurt to do the x-ray earlier that the actual TB test (PPD)? my doctor said it does not hurt and he will accept it. Does any one know if there going to be a problem with that ?
thanks for your help.
Not if your priority date became current in the July bulletin, no
It doesn't hurt to get the medical out of the way at all - its valid (from what I've read here) for 1 year. I did mine last month before my PD became current on June 1st
Can I file for the I-485 before july 1st 2007?
I doing my medical exam next week on the 20th, that's the earliest i could get in MA.
However i'm going to do my x-ray tomorrow, because i always test positive after the TB test, but x-ray negative. Does it hurt to do the x-ray earlier that the actual TB test (PPD)? my doctor said it does not hurt and he will accept it. Does any one know if there going to be a problem with that ?
thanks for your help.
Not if your priority date became current in the July bulletin, no
It doesn't hurt to get the medical out of the way at all - its valid (from what I've read here) for 1 year. I did mine last month before my PD became current on June 1st
more...
pictures lake griffin dunks on gallinari. Danilo Gallinari. Danilo Gallinari.
immi2006
05-10 10:52 AM
http://www.wsmv.com/global/story.asp?s=4883792
WASHINGTON The U-S Senate is crafting legislation that would require employers to check the Social Security numbers and the immigration status of all new hires.
Employers who don't and who hire illegal immigrants would be subjected to fines of two hundred- to six thousand dollars per violation.
And once an electronic system is up and running, fines can jump to as much as 20 thousand dollars, along with the spectre of actual prison time.
In the immigration law of 1986, Congress left it to employers to ensure they were hiring legal workers, but the law was not strictly enforced and the market has become swamped with fraudulent documents.
Reported on http://www.immigration-law.com/.
Here is the Linnk for the news article.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060510/...tion_employers
This looks good.If the Employers stop hiring Illegals, the Problem of Illiegal Immigrants would be solved to a very large extent.
We have Illiegal Immigrants coming from all over the World, because they are assured of an hourly salary of 5$/Hr(which is very handsome, compared to the situation in their respective countries).
If they stop getting employment,they would not have any incentive to take the risk of coming in here as an illegal immigrant.Ofcourse, there will still be people crossing over but that would be just a trickle as compared to the Thousands who cross over every single day.
This move is logical and more practical.If the internal mechanism is strengthened, there is no need spend Billions of $ to try to seal the Southern Borders through a wall or fence.
WASHINGTON The U-S Senate is crafting legislation that would require employers to check the Social Security numbers and the immigration status of all new hires.
Employers who don't and who hire illegal immigrants would be subjected to fines of two hundred- to six thousand dollars per violation.
And once an electronic system is up and running, fines can jump to as much as 20 thousand dollars, along with the spectre of actual prison time.
In the immigration law of 1986, Congress left it to employers to ensure they were hiring legal workers, but the law was not strictly enforced and the market has become swamped with fraudulent documents.
Reported on http://www.immigration-law.com/.
Here is the Linnk for the news article.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060510/...tion_employers
This looks good.If the Employers stop hiring Illegals, the Problem of Illiegal Immigrants would be solved to a very large extent.
We have Illiegal Immigrants coming from all over the World, because they are assured of an hourly salary of 5$/Hr(which is very handsome, compared to the situation in their respective countries).
If they stop getting employment,they would not have any incentive to take the risk of coming in here as an illegal immigrant.Ofcourse, there will still be people crossing over but that would be just a trickle as compared to the Thousands who cross over every single day.
This move is logical and more practical.If the internal mechanism is strengthened, there is no need spend Billions of $ to try to seal the Southern Borders through a wall or fence.
dresses from Blake Griffin.
srikondoji
07-02 03:04 PM
follow your lawyer's advice.
You can still be part of plaitiff, if you can show the proof of your expenses and proove that you had a material loss because of USCIS/DOS goof up.
--sri
Today morning when I was just adding the notarised birth affidavit that I had recievd last night from India and was leaving to fedex the papers to Nebraska, my lawyer called up and informed of the update and asked me not to send the app. Now after reading all the posts here, could someone advice if I should send the app- I mean if there is some re-thinking by USCIS, would they might say show us the sent reciept etc ???
Pls advice,
Thanks,
You can still be part of plaitiff, if you can show the proof of your expenses and proove that you had a material loss because of USCIS/DOS goof up.
--sri
Today morning when I was just adding the notarised birth affidavit that I had recievd last night from India and was leaving to fedex the papers to Nebraska, my lawyer called up and informed of the update and asked me not to send the app. Now after reading all the posts here, could someone advice if I should send the app- I mean if there is some re-thinking by USCIS, would they might say show us the sent reciept etc ???
Pls advice,
Thanks,
more...
makeup So does Blake Griffin really
RajWantsGC
05-12 10:59 PM
Thanks Roger for the reply. Mine was 3 years degree. So they mentioned that it is not equvilent to U.S. Bachelor degree. They did not have any issue with my experience which is more than 5 years.
girlfriend Blake Griffin Shao
BornConfused
07-03 09:47 AM
Ha, congratulations to you, I'm happy for you!!
hairstyles lake griffin dunks on gallinari. Blake Griffin throws one down
ameryki
05-23 04:41 PM
You were right in saying that DS 156 & DS 157 is no longer required. Here is the link
General Information- Consulate General of the United States Mumbai, India (http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/general_information.html)
BTW what is this PIMS thing? Do I have to do anything regarding PIMS before taking the apoointment for VISA interview or before/during the actual interview?
Don't think you can do anything about PIMS its a hit or miss. i got my visa renewed 7th year in Feb a few weeks before DS 160 came in to play. It was fairly smooth infact I felt they were much more organized this time then in the past years. If I recall my appointment was for 9:15 am I reached outside the consulate at 9.00am. They had us and the groups that I can't recall the term but indian co's that had groups of their peeps attending visa interviews in separate lines. Have your passport, original 797 and fee receipt together while waiting and from then on the usual. I have never seen or used the Strips Lounge but then I am a local too so comfort level with that. Good Luck.
General Information- Consulate General of the United States Mumbai, India (http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/general_information.html)
BTW what is this PIMS thing? Do I have to do anything regarding PIMS before taking the apoointment for VISA interview or before/during the actual interview?
Don't think you can do anything about PIMS its a hit or miss. i got my visa renewed 7th year in Feb a few weeks before DS 160 came in to play. It was fairly smooth infact I felt they were much more organized this time then in the past years. If I recall my appointment was for 9:15 am I reached outside the consulate at 9.00am. They had us and the groups that I can't recall the term but indian co's that had groups of their peeps attending visa interviews in separate lines. Have your passport, original 797 and fee receipt together while waiting and from then on the usual. I have never seen or used the Strips Lounge but then I am a local too so comfort level with that. Good Luck.
anilsal
03-14 04:52 PM
is appreciated at IV. This is in addition to any other contributions (either time or money) to IV. :)
I meant "Recurring monthly Contribution" :)
I meant "Recurring monthly Contribution" :)
tonyHK12
10-04 03:14 PM
Without a green card, we are still temporary workers, check with a tax consultant about worldwide income too.
Todays economictimes.indiatimes.com - Green card a tax liability
"Tax laws in the US empower the Internal Revenue Service, the apex body for US tax administration, to tax global incomes of those holding US citizenships or the green card."
"Indians with green card or citizenship in US also find having to reporting foreign accounts with deposits of $10,000 or more "
Todays economictimes.indiatimes.com - Green card a tax liability
"Tax laws in the US empower the Internal Revenue Service, the apex body for US tax administration, to tax global incomes of those holding US citizenships or the green card."
"Indians with green card or citizenship in US also find having to reporting foreign accounts with deposits of $10,000 or more "
No comments:
Post a Comment