wolrabn
May 4, 02:24 PM
still not given up.. though its fading.
i've now tried custom firmware making sure im in pwned dfu mode for 2.2.1 and 3.1.3 using both pwnagetool and sn0wbreeze.
all return error 6.
tried using itunes 7.7 on windows but that cannot connect to software update server...
im pretty certain its not on ipad baseband now. i've added the ecid to tinyumberella but it doesn't see it and 'fix recovery' option fails.
also tried using ireb then sn0wbreeze custom firmware- no joy.
tried pretty much all official firmware.
has anyone seen this sort of error before and it be hardware related?
i've now tried custom firmware making sure im in pwned dfu mode for 2.2.1 and 3.1.3 using both pwnagetool and sn0wbreeze.
all return error 6.
tried using itunes 7.7 on windows but that cannot connect to software update server...
im pretty certain its not on ipad baseband now. i've added the ecid to tinyumberella but it doesn't see it and 'fix recovery' option fails.
also tried using ireb then sn0wbreeze custom firmware- no joy.
tried pretty much all official firmware.
has anyone seen this sort of error before and it be hardware related?
celia19O5
Jun 30, 10:59 PM
Apple is always among what I love. and I love Iphone 4s, too. I wish I have one :D
Martyimac
May 3, 10:23 AM
Odd, I just downloaded iTunes a couple of days ago. You're definitely downloading it from this page (http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/), yes?
Yes, and this is the error message, "Our apologies but there was an unexpected error with the application. This problem has been noted, and an email has been sent to the administrators. Please check back in a few hours to try the download again."
Been trying since yesterday afternoon, no go. And it doesn't matter what computer, mac or PC, or what browser I use.
Yes, and this is the error message, "Our apologies but there was an unexpected error with the application. This problem has been noted, and an email has been sent to the administrators. Please check back in a few hours to try the download again."
Been trying since yesterday afternoon, no go. And it doesn't matter what computer, mac or PC, or what browser I use.

crlsjcb05
Mar 10, 11:15 PM
I too have been using Mactubes, and it works better than the in-browser flash player, but I can't seem to get quicktime to work.
"Can not open video. Please open URL with browser."
That's the error that I get when I switch to Quicktime. Any ideas?
"Can not open video. Please open URL with browser."
That's the error that I get when I switch to Quicktime. Any ideas?
more...
blevins321
May 3, 09:23 AM
Hmm not sure about the booting problem since it gets that far. There's another virtualization program called VirtualBox that's open-source and maintained by Sun/Oracle. Here (http://www.virtualbox.org/)is the link. It's free. Works the same way as the others, except it's not as integrated.
VideoNewbie
Nov 11, 05:22 PM
The purpose of a copyright is to protect works of authorship as fixed in a tangible form of expression (i.e. a thing not an idea). The art, photos, writing and design you make fall under this category. It protects people from copying or redistributing your work.
The purpose of a trademark is to protect words, phrases and logos used in federally regulated commerce to identify the source of goods and/or services. It represents an enterprise or a business. It protects your company from other companies trying to look like you. In the case your your logo, it would be used to prevent others from using a confusingly similar mark or name.
It is common for certain types of expression (like a brand) to sit under both copyright and trademark. If you are trying to protect a title, slogan, or other short word phrase, generally you want a trademark as a copyright does not cover such types of expression alone.
If your design is intended to identify the source of goods or services (i.e. a logo), it should be trademarked.
While copyright registration is primarily an administrative process (you fill out a form and send it off), trademark registration is an adversarial process.
It includes a substantive review of potentially conflicting marks in order to prove your uniqueness within a market segment.
For example: say you are doing a trademark search for a local motorcycle tuner/builder called "Redwing Motorcycle Company". During the trademark vetting process you would probably get an argument from Redwing Shoes saying the name/mark is too close to theirs (Redwing does sell a series of Motorcycle boots, so they may have some grounds here even though they are in a very different market). You might also get a call from Honda saying "We are a large motorcycle manufacturer. We have a famous product line called the 'GoldWing'. Our corporate color is Red." You will have to fight it out.
Other companies will be aggressive in protecting themselves. US trademark law works under a "use it or lose it" principle. Read up on how Carol Shelby lost the rights to his famous Cobra car design. So many people copied it (without him going after them) that it was ruled that he no longer owned it.
So, understand that if you do seek a trademark, you need to be willing and able to protect it.
The key thing to understand is that Copyright and Trademarks are proven and protected in very different ways. Copyrights are low-hanging fruit and should absolutely be done. Trademarks are a longer, more expensive process and you want a good Trademark lawyer to guide you through the process.
Hey i sent you a PM. pls check it when u get a chance thank u
The purpose of a trademark is to protect words, phrases and logos used in federally regulated commerce to identify the source of goods and/or services. It represents an enterprise or a business. It protects your company from other companies trying to look like you. In the case your your logo, it would be used to prevent others from using a confusingly similar mark or name.
It is common for certain types of expression (like a brand) to sit under both copyright and trademark. If you are trying to protect a title, slogan, or other short word phrase, generally you want a trademark as a copyright does not cover such types of expression alone.
If your design is intended to identify the source of goods or services (i.e. a logo), it should be trademarked.
While copyright registration is primarily an administrative process (you fill out a form and send it off), trademark registration is an adversarial process.
It includes a substantive review of potentially conflicting marks in order to prove your uniqueness within a market segment.
For example: say you are doing a trademark search for a local motorcycle tuner/builder called "Redwing Motorcycle Company". During the trademark vetting process you would probably get an argument from Redwing Shoes saying the name/mark is too close to theirs (Redwing does sell a series of Motorcycle boots, so they may have some grounds here even though they are in a very different market). You might also get a call from Honda saying "We are a large motorcycle manufacturer. We have a famous product line called the 'GoldWing'. Our corporate color is Red." You will have to fight it out.
Other companies will be aggressive in protecting themselves. US trademark law works under a "use it or lose it" principle. Read up on how Carol Shelby lost the rights to his famous Cobra car design. So many people copied it (without him going after them) that it was ruled that he no longer owned it.
So, understand that if you do seek a trademark, you need to be willing and able to protect it.
The key thing to understand is that Copyright and Trademarks are proven and protected in very different ways. Copyrights are low-hanging fruit and should absolutely be done. Trademarks are a longer, more expensive process and you want a good Trademark lawyer to guide you through the process.
Hey i sent you a PM. pls check it when u get a chance thank u
more...
John J Rambo
Apr 6, 04:05 PM
Hi guys,
Im completely new to php and I'm trying link a php script to this form I have:
<form action="contactformprocess.php" method="post">
<fieldset>
<label for="name">Name:</label>
<input type="text" name="name" placeholder="Enter your full name" />
<label for="email">Email:</label>
<input type="email" name="email" placeholder="Enter your email address" />
<label for="message">Message:</label>
<textarea name="message" placeholder="What's on your mind?"></textarea>
<input type="submit" value="Send message" name="submit"/>
</fieldset>
</form>
I cant see anything wrong with this form and i have linked a php mailer script to it but I'm not receiving the email...
I'm testing it live by the way.
thank in advance...
Im completely new to php and I'm trying link a php script to this form I have:
<form action="contactformprocess.php" method="post">
<fieldset>
<label for="name">Name:</label>
<input type="text" name="name" placeholder="Enter your full name" />
<label for="email">Email:</label>
<input type="email" name="email" placeholder="Enter your email address" />
<label for="message">Message:</label>
<textarea name="message" placeholder="What's on your mind?"></textarea>
<input type="submit" value="Send message" name="submit"/>
</fieldset>
</form>
I cant see anything wrong with this form and i have linked a php mailer script to it but I'm not receiving the email...
I'm testing it live by the way.
thank in advance...
carlgo
Mar 7, 01:10 PM
Think summer, late summer perhaps, according to Nikon rumor sites. It ought to be really good, really expensive. Look at the price of new FF-capable lenses.
I'll bet it is a big step up from what is out there now. It really has to be because the new DX cameras are very capable and today's FF cameras only offer improvements over them in limited situations.
I'm waiting for a really good EVIL cameral myself.
I'll bet it is a big step up from what is out there now. It really has to be because the new DX cameras are very capable and today's FF cameras only offer improvements over them in limited situations.
I'm waiting for a really good EVIL cameral myself.
more...
cfedu
Feb 20, 10:36 PM
You can install Snow Leopard client from a USB stick. You can google for instructions on how to prepare a USB stick.
A clean install of Snow Leopard would be ideal unless you're moving from an old Mac and would rather not setup and configure everything again.
I just read the thread on SL vs SL server in the OS X section, Basically if you have to ask the question you should just install the client OS.
I'm making my USB SL client stick as we speak So I can do a fresh install
Thanks for the Help
A clean install of Snow Leopard would be ideal unless you're moving from an old Mac and would rather not setup and configure everything again.
I just read the thread on SL vs SL server in the OS X section, Basically if you have to ask the question you should just install the client OS.
I'm making my USB SL client stick as we speak So I can do a fresh install
Thanks for the Help
leekohler
Feb 27, 08:24 AM
Oh yeah, what the hell does Obama know abut marriage? He only has 1 while Beck has 2 and Gingrich 3. We told you that Obama didn't have enough experience during the election.
I love that graphic- too funny. :)
I love that graphic- too funny. :)
more...
yg17
Jan 24, 09:38 PM
does anyone know how to log who downloads what from my smb shares? im on a campus network and have stuff shared (uhh, yeah, its all legal..... ;) ) and am curious to see what people are downloading. thanks
FutureBlake
Apr 30, 02:32 PM
Thanks for the response! I know it's a rare issue that virtually all others aren't having. I really wasn't trying to bust on the Win experience - I'm just getting spoiled to the advantages of the hardware and software coming from the same vendor.
It looks like everything is set up correctly on the device side. Boot Camp is all up to date (3.2) and I've been trolling the web for days looking for updated audio drivers. It's driving me crazy!
Are there lots of MBA Late 2010'ers with Win 7 boot camp installs working without any audio issues? Everything else is perfect, but I never realized how much of a pain it is to grab a pair of headphones every time I need audio.
It looks like everything is set up correctly on the device side. Boot Camp is all up to date (3.2) and I've been trolling the web for days looking for updated audio drivers. It's driving me crazy!
Are there lots of MBA Late 2010'ers with Win 7 boot camp installs working without any audio issues? Everything else is perfect, but I never realized how much of a pain it is to grab a pair of headphones every time I need audio.
more...
chown33
Apr 23, 06:53 PM
Thanks! Your answer helped. So now I know that <**> are only for system provided classes. I used quotes for Fraction.h and it worked.
The example that I used had everything dumped in the main .m file along with the main function.
I'm glad you got it working, but please be specific in the future about what you did, and what the book told you to do. Accuracy is important in programming. Books are specific about what to do because the author knows what works and what doesn't, and has given accurate instructions on what to do that works.
If you're working from a book, and they show you what to put into a file, you should put exactly that into a file. So if your book showed you to put everything dumped into the main.m file, then that's what you should do.
However, if they showed you something else, then dumping everything into a single main.m file is asking for trouble, because you don't know all the consequences of what you're doing.
If the book showed "Fraction.h", then that's what you should use. If they showed <Fraction.h> and it didn't work, then that's an error in the book.
Do not make changes to what a book tells you unless you fully understand what the consequences are. And if you're a beginner, then almost by definition, a beginner does not fully understand all the consequences. If you did understand all the consequences, you wouldn't be a beginner.
The example that I used had everything dumped in the main .m file along with the main function.
I'm glad you got it working, but please be specific in the future about what you did, and what the book told you to do. Accuracy is important in programming. Books are specific about what to do because the author knows what works and what doesn't, and has given accurate instructions on what to do that works.
If you're working from a book, and they show you what to put into a file, you should put exactly that into a file. So if your book showed you to put everything dumped into the main.m file, then that's what you should do.
However, if they showed you something else, then dumping everything into a single main.m file is asking for trouble, because you don't know all the consequences of what you're doing.
If the book showed "Fraction.h", then that's what you should use. If they showed <Fraction.h> and it didn't work, then that's an error in the book.
Do not make changes to what a book tells you unless you fully understand what the consequences are. And if you're a beginner, then almost by definition, a beginner does not fully understand all the consequences. If you did understand all the consequences, you wouldn't be a beginner.
GodBless
Jan 25, 03:03 AM
So - been using Mail for some time and today it started doing the wierdest thing. Everytime new mail arrives from the server it will register in my INBOX (with the little number showing new messages) but the instant I click the INBOX, all the new mail disappears. It doesn't go to trash or junk, it just vanishes. I have searched all over for it and can't find it.
Try deleting your mail preference file in your home directory. I.e. the "com.apple.mail.plist" file in your /Users/"Home Directory"/Library/Preferences/ folder. Don't worry the file will replace itself. Deleting it just sets the application's preferences back to default. You might need to change your Mail application settings back to the way you want them and this might not solve your problem. I'd say give it a shot though. Deleting preference files seems to always solve problems I have with my applications. :D Remember the greatest risk is not taking one. If you don't compromise one thing you will always compromise another. I think deleting the preference file is the wise choice.
Edit: BTW you might want to check and see if your "INBOX.mbox" file is in the Users/"Home Directory"/Library/Mail/"POP mail"/ folder. If it isn't then this might be why the Mail program is getting rid of your Mail. If this is the case I'd delete the POP account from the Mail application (accessible from the Mail preferences) and then put it on again. If the "INBOX.mbox" file is still missing then get back to me and I'll give you a few more troubleshooting tips.
Try deleting your mail preference file in your home directory. I.e. the "com.apple.mail.plist" file in your /Users/"Home Directory"/Library/Preferences/ folder. Don't worry the file will replace itself. Deleting it just sets the application's preferences back to default. You might need to change your Mail application settings back to the way you want them and this might not solve your problem. I'd say give it a shot though. Deleting preference files seems to always solve problems I have with my applications. :D Remember the greatest risk is not taking one. If you don't compromise one thing you will always compromise another. I think deleting the preference file is the wise choice.
Edit: BTW you might want to check and see if your "INBOX.mbox" file is in the Users/"Home Directory"/Library/Mail/"POP mail"/ folder. If it isn't then this might be why the Mail program is getting rid of your Mail. If this is the case I'd delete the POP account from the Mail application (accessible from the Mail preferences) and then put it on again. If the "INBOX.mbox" file is still missing then get back to me and I'll give you a few more troubleshooting tips.
more...
SmilesLots
Apr 14, 04:11 PM
Seems that Safari or network is about 10% what it used to be in speed. I recently add the MacUpdate Spring Promo package, and seems some of the programs are POC. Not sure if this is part of the problem because the slowdown happened beore that install I think.
OK. Used Tech Tool Pro. All smart status checks ok. All 6 disks check ok. So not a disk problem since it happens on all disks.
OK. Used Tech Tool Pro. All smart status checks ok. All 6 disks check ok. So not a disk problem since it happens on all disks.

adamjay
Dec 3, 08:49 PM
make me an offer on this...
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=164846
more PC than you need, but i'm not asking much.
if you paypal'd me tonight, i'd probably take a good bit less than i am asking.
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=164846
more PC than you need, but i'm not asking much.
if you paypal'd me tonight, i'd probably take a good bit less than i am asking.
more...
jessica.
Sep 20, 11:23 AM
I'm sure a lot of people here do. I do, badly, but I do.
jayscheuerle
Jul 5, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by tazo
i think the biggest hurdle to leap over to run panther, are the graphic card limitations of the older machines. stuff like the cube user switching and expose are going to be cpu and graphic card intensive. do you think those older machines would be able to handle those?
Panther doesn't claim to support any
G3 without built in usb ports. That means the beige boxes and the first G3 laptops are out of luck.
Would Apple purposely exclude these machines even though the ability is there in both the machines and the OS?
Of course...
i think the biggest hurdle to leap over to run panther, are the graphic card limitations of the older machines. stuff like the cube user switching and expose are going to be cpu and graphic card intensive. do you think those older machines would be able to handle those?
Panther doesn't claim to support any
G3 without built in usb ports. That means the beige boxes and the first G3 laptops are out of luck.
Would Apple purposely exclude these machines even though the ability is there in both the machines and the OS?
Of course...
germanjulian
Jun 16, 09:57 AM
nobody?
fine, i eat all biscuits myself then :(
fine, i eat all biscuits myself then :(
bennetsaysargh
Jan 9, 09:14 PM
also, if people got wise about how for 199 you can have all the loops offered in the jampacks for garageband, that might be a funky thing. oh well, i guess it had to go. nothing really that good about it.
Fender2112
Nov 15, 03:55 PM
Unless being mobile is a necessity, go with the G5 iMac. The extra horsepower will pay off. The 17" screen also comes in handy when you start adding tracks.
I don't know about the tech spec. You should be able to find this info on Apple's web site.
As for speakers. I use JBL Creatures and have been very pleased with them. They come in white and silver, both of which would compliment the iMac.
Good Luck
I don't know about the tech spec. You should be able to find this info on Apple's web site.
As for speakers. I use JBL Creatures and have been very pleased with them. They come in white and silver, both of which would compliment the iMac.
Good Luck
VideoNewbie
Nov 8, 11:59 AM
so a search on google just makes things more "Gray" and obscure so i thought id ask u guys
ive created a graphic logo.... would a trademark or a copyright be best for this?
i read that if you have a company slogan or a unique company name you should trademark it ...but how about a graphic design logo?
why would someone pick a copyright over a trademark it seems like a trademark is more comprehensive? someone correct me if im wrong please
ive created a graphic logo.... would a trademark or a copyright be best for this?
i read that if you have a company slogan or a unique company name you should trademark it ...but how about a graphic design logo?
why would someone pick a copyright over a trademark it seems like a trademark is more comprehensive? someone correct me if im wrong please
Pixeled_Apple
Nov 11, 04:22 AM
My dad is still a staunch PC advocate and we have a continual family dispute.
SAME!!! Its sooo anoying... i want 2 switch 2 a mac ; but he won't let me... so I posted a thread.. and finnally convinced him... I hope he doesn't turn 2 the evvvil side again :P ...
" Windows is dirt to Macintosh "
" Spell reliabilty : A p p l e ; Apple " (Sorry I had to let it out! :P)
SAME!!! Its sooo anoying... i want 2 switch 2 a mac ; but he won't let me... so I posted a thread.. and finnally convinced him... I hope he doesn't turn 2 the evvvil side again :P ...
" Windows is dirt to Macintosh "
" Spell reliabilty : A p p l e ; Apple " (Sorry I had to let it out! :P)
hotsnuglemonstr
Jun 23, 09:28 AM
I think I'll be there... no so bright but quite early.
No comments:
Post a Comment