k_usa
12-16 10:52 AM
I got mine renewed in July'08 based on EAD in Lodi, NJ (Bergen county).
They renewed until EAD expiry date + 3 months.
They renewed until EAD expiry date + 3 months.
wallpaper Tegan amp; Sara, coming out
msp1976
04-17 12:17 PM
As per today I have an H1b visa, I have my I140 approved, and my 6th year ends on April 25, 2008. My actual employer have give a contract that says that upon I become a permanent resident i will have to work for him for 5 years, then if I quit after the 5th year or before I will not able to work on the same industry on all the united states, also mention what my salary would be but there is no mention of increase.
I do not know what to do , his is almost illegal (I think !), do I have time to change employer and do again my visa, and I140, so I will be on status ??
Such type of contract is not legally enforceable....So you have to take your own decision....
I do not know what to do , his is almost illegal (I think !), do I have time to change employer and do again my visa, and I140, so I will be on status ??
Such type of contract is not legally enforceable....So you have to take your own decision....
HKK
12-13 12:59 AM
I am going to new Delhi for h1b stamping in few days. While preparing my file for h1b stamping, I figured that my attorney has mentioned wrong SSN on for I-129. Past 4 numbers of SSN mentioned is last four digits of my phone number which is not right. Would it adversely affect my h1b stamping? What should I do? I am going to india after 4 years and I noticed this mistake at last moment. Somebody please help....!!!
I work in an immigration law office, so I know the general procedure.
Suggestion: First, inform your attorney of your intent to disclose this mistake with a state Bar and wait how he deals with it. Do not be afraid. This is due process and you have right to do it. Keep all mail receipts for records and copies of all and ANY correspondence with the attorney. Wait how he responds. Normally, your attorney should admit the mistake and straight things up with USCIS on himself.This is because an attorney can loose a license to practice in his state if he does not fix this after you file a complaint with state BAR. If you receive no feedback, you should inform a state BAR about this to protect your self. Then, go to a different attorney's office and try to work with a new attorney to straight things out. This is serious. Contact me via PM if you need more info. thanx.
Remember: USCIS keeps a copy of each thing you send. So, sooner or later this important mistake may surface and cause you trouble. That's why you need to fix this out.
I work in an immigration law office, so I know the general procedure.
Suggestion: First, inform your attorney of your intent to disclose this mistake with a state Bar and wait how he deals with it. Do not be afraid. This is due process and you have right to do it. Keep all mail receipts for records and copies of all and ANY correspondence with the attorney. Wait how he responds. Normally, your attorney should admit the mistake and straight things up with USCIS on himself.This is because an attorney can loose a license to practice in his state if he does not fix this after you file a complaint with state BAR. If you receive no feedback, you should inform a state BAR about this to protect your self. Then, go to a different attorney's office and try to work with a new attorney to straight things out. This is serious. Contact me via PM if you need more info. thanx.
Remember: USCIS keeps a copy of each thing you send. So, sooner or later this important mistake may surface and cause you trouble. That's why you need to fix this out.
2011 saraquinbystacy.jpg
gondalguru
06-20 12:14 AM
I am in the same boat. I have outlined my case in a similar thread posed today.
more...
singhv_1980
01-22 05:46 PM
There is a possibility that you are also stuck in PIMS verifications. There is a whole bunch of threads going on with the topic. I believe security checks are done if your job profile is sensitive (like semi conductors, nuclear ).
Good Luck!
Good Luck!
paskal
02-22 06:14 PM
Not sure if people understood the question. Based on this data it shows India got much more then what was in the quota and there were more GC given than the yearly total limit. If this is true, why do I keep hearing that in forums that there were 250K visa's over the last 5 years that were lost because they GC's were not processed in time? If anything there were more visa's given and a disproportionately higher # for India.
suggest you read the ombudsman report.
and yes the numbers available were higher because
1. a recapture was in progress
2. recaptured visas were fifo not by country quota
and country quota is deceptive. when ROW is current, eg last july, uscis gives out GC numbers by fifo availability not by country quota.
of course last july was a freak...not coming back anytime soon!
suggest you read the ombudsman report.
and yes the numbers available were higher because
1. a recapture was in progress
2. recaptured visas were fifo not by country quota
and country quota is deceptive. when ROW is current, eg last july, uscis gives out GC numbers by fifo availability not by country quota.
of course last july was a freak...not coming back anytime soon!
more...
maverick6993
11-07 03:17 PM
I am in Birmingham and would like to join the state cahpter.
2010 What isn#39;t sexy about tattoos?
texcan
12-19 04:32 PM
My h1 got approved in june 2008. I did travel to China in September & entered back on Sep 10 using H4. Is it possible that my entry changed my latest status to H4?
Thanks,
LG.
Come on...you entered using h4, this is the last status INS has for you.
People with mulitple visas have to choose a status when they enter back in USA.
where have you been sleeping.
its ok, no biggie....
One solution i will do in this case is, if you have a h1 visa stampled...then go out of country and come back on h1 status. Make sure you claim the days you were on h4 to be not counted against h1 days.
If you donot have a h1 visa already, then talk to lawyer get all paper work and go to canada/mexico get a visa and come back on right status.
Thanks,
LG.
Come on...you entered using h4, this is the last status INS has for you.
People with mulitple visas have to choose a status when they enter back in USA.
where have you been sleeping.
its ok, no biggie....
One solution i will do in this case is, if you have a h1 visa stampled...then go out of country and come back on h1 status. Make sure you claim the days you were on h4 to be not counted against h1 days.
If you donot have a h1 visa already, then talk to lawyer get all paper work and go to canada/mexico get a visa and come back on right status.
more...
lostinbeta
10-15 10:18 PM
I watch it =)
Haha, just kidding, my niece watches it :) :P
Haha, just kidding, my niece watches it :) :P
hair Re: Tegan and Sara#39;s Tattoos?
reddysn
06-07 07:34 PM
This has been discussed umpteen times , about the effective date stuff.. Look at archieve threads and keep visiting IV ...
more...
srini1976
07-17 10:59 AM
Please change the title of the thread.
It is misleading.
It is misleading.
hot Com - Tegan and Sara: HOT or
shsk
07-20 08:57 PM
I checked with my attorney, they advised better not to change address until EAD is received.
If it is emergency then address can be changed but with this confusion and emergency filing it adds to some more confusion :confused:
If it is emergency then address can be changed but with this confusion and emergency filing it adds to some more confusion :confused:
more...
house I gave my tattoo artist a
kart2007
10-21 12:57 PM
Thank you. So was your application in a Pending status or Approved status when you emailed Ombudsman?
In my case the application is approved but I haven't received the EAD card yet.
In my case the application is approved but I haven't received the EAD card yet.
tattoo through Tegan and Sara in
mhtanim
05-16 05:31 PM
All,
Did not want to create any sensational news, but this is what I gathered from speaking to an IO. I had applied for my EAD on Jan 25th and havent received any updates. So, I called the NSC customer service and an IO informed me that I need to check back with them in another 60 days if no decision is made by that time. When I said that it would be 6 months by that time, the IO said that "that's right. Each IO has about 500 applications on their desk and it will take some time to clear these off"
Just wanted to update everyone so that all the June/July filers can file appropriately.
Again, mine could be an isolated case. So, please dont panic::))
6 months wait to get something that's valid for only a year? Wow!
Did not want to create any sensational news, but this is what I gathered from speaking to an IO. I had applied for my EAD on Jan 25th and havent received any updates. So, I called the NSC customer service and an IO informed me that I need to check back with them in another 60 days if no decision is made by that time. When I said that it would be 6 months by that time, the IO said that "that's right. Each IO has about 500 applications on their desk and it will take some time to clear these off"
Just wanted to update everyone so that all the June/July filers can file appropriately.
Again, mine could be an isolated case. So, please dont panic::))
6 months wait to get something that's valid for only a year? Wow!
more...
pictures pretty girls, Tegan amp; Sara
gc_chahiye
07-11 08:03 PM
What I dont understnad is that if they skipped security clearances on AOS applications to use up numbers..how does it imply taht they would have to eat crow and accept July application...Logic doesnt explain this,
They have alrady made teh blunder of skipping sec clearances...What they can now request is to go back and correct that mistake and ask that any and all applications in July be rejected so that they can do sec clearance on the ones they already used up/approved..
Does that make sense.?
I think the statement from Greg Siskind is that 'if they dont want to answer these questions about security clearance etc, the simplest way out is to accept the July Applications and get everyone off their back (irrespective of whether visa numbers are there or not).
One issue though is, even if they want to kill this controversy by accepting July applications, they need some face-saving way to do this about-turn. They cant say they are scared of an inquiry or a lawsuit. Settling the AILF lawsuit is probably that way out. Gettings AILF of their back, and will also stop senators and representatives from asking them uncomfortable questions...
They have alrady made teh blunder of skipping sec clearances...What they can now request is to go back and correct that mistake and ask that any and all applications in July be rejected so that they can do sec clearance on the ones they already used up/approved..
Does that make sense.?
I think the statement from Greg Siskind is that 'if they dont want to answer these questions about security clearance etc, the simplest way out is to accept the July Applications and get everyone off their back (irrespective of whether visa numbers are there or not).
One issue though is, even if they want to kill this controversy by accepting July applications, they need some face-saving way to do this about-turn. They cant say they are scared of an inquiry or a lawsuit. Settling the AILF lawsuit is probably that way out. Gettings AILF of their back, and will also stop senators and representatives from asking them uncomfortable questions...
dresses Teegz and Sara
abhijitp
10-30 05:35 PM
If it is the first time, they might ask for a birth certificate
We got a new SSN for my wife after we got her EAD in the mail. They did not ask for the birth certificate. They only needed a valid id (such as passport/ driving license) + the EAD card + completed application form. We got the SSN card in less than 10 days, but I think this depends on where you are. If it helps, we were told 10 days, and we actually got it in 10 days.
We got a new SSN for my wife after we got her EAD in the mail. They did not ask for the birth certificate. They only needed a valid id (such as passport/ driving license) + the EAD card + completed application form. We got the SSN card in less than 10 days, but I think this depends on where you are. If it helps, we were told 10 days, and we actually got it in 10 days.
more...
makeup Re: Tegan and Sara related
dce.deepak
09-18 05:44 PM
its not 800,000 its around 190,000 for all EB1,2,3
look at here May 2010 data
USCIS - Previous Pending Employment-Based I-485 Inventory (http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=16551543455e5210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCR D&vgnextchannel=16551543455e5210VgnVCM100000082ca60a RCRD)
Family based is also heavily backlogged. How can there be flow of thousands of unused visas in Family Based for flow to Employment Based? Even in Family based there are categories 1, 2A, 2B, 3 and 4. The visas will first flow from top to bottom in Family Based. Wouldn't all the categories have to be current before any visas flow to Employment based? I read somewhere that the employment based backlog size is 800,000 applications. :confused: Let's say even if there is a small number of visa flow from Family Based to Employment Based, how can a small number of visa flow from Family Based to employment based backlog be sufficient to approve 800,000 applications?
look at here May 2010 data
USCIS - Previous Pending Employment-Based I-485 Inventory (http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=16551543455e5210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCR D&vgnextchannel=16551543455e5210VgnVCM100000082ca60a RCRD)
Family based is also heavily backlogged. How can there be flow of thousands of unused visas in Family Based for flow to Employment Based? Even in Family based there are categories 1, 2A, 2B, 3 and 4. The visas will first flow from top to bottom in Family Based. Wouldn't all the categories have to be current before any visas flow to Employment based? I read somewhere that the employment based backlog size is 800,000 applications. :confused: Let's say even if there is a small number of visa flow from Family Based to Employment Based, how can a small number of visa flow from Family Based to employment based backlog be sufficient to approve 800,000 applications?
girlfriend Re: Tegan and Sara related
nashim
09-08 01:39 PM
lol
hairstyles Tegan amp; Sara, coming out
indianabacklog
12-04 08:56 PM
If my wife is a US Green card holder and i am in H1B and if we both file for candian green card and move to canada for a week for stamping. Would it create a problem on US citizenship for my wife.
the third rule on the first thread.
One week is not going to be an issue. Even green card holders are allowed vacations out of the US you are not expected to remain here 100% of the time.
the third rule on the first thread.
One week is not going to be an issue. Even green card holders are allowed vacations out of the US you are not expected to remain here 100% of the time.
rahulpatel
08-14 02:35 PM
I worked for my employer at this vendor. At the time, my employer agreed on paper to give me a specified amount but only after the vendor pays. Vendor has been giving him troubles as regards my pay, so my employer made me wait frustratingly for months to give me pay. Just recently only after much trouble he released part of the amount. But now he learnt that he might have to go to court about the vendor. As a result, now he is denying me MY remaining pay!! I already waited for 4 months now, and can NOT take this strain anymore. My friends advised me to take this issue to Court or DOL. But my employer threatens that I will have no case.
Is that so?? Am I really required to wait like this months/years long if it takes that long for my employer to settle his matter with vendor?? Can an employer actually follow these kind of practice? Please provide your experienced advises.
Also kindly let me know how can I proceed if I want to file a DOL complaint?
Is that so?? Am I really required to wait like this months/years long if it takes that long for my employer to settle his matter with vendor?? Can an employer actually follow these kind of practice? Please provide your experienced advises.
Also kindly let me know how can I proceed if I want to file a DOL complaint?
Administrator2
03-28 01:41 PM
As needhelp! clarified, we will fix all these issues over the weekend. Kindly keep updating this thread with any tracker related issue you would like to report.
Also, kindly input processing information in your profile so that the tracker is more efficiently used by you and all other IV members.
Also, kindly input processing information in your profile so that the tracker is more efficiently used by you and all other IV members.
No comments:
Post a Comment