
dush0805
11-25 01:32 PM
I am in the same position guys, I have a approved H1b visa (started oct 2010), I am flying to mumbai through Munic, so I probably wont need a transit visa....
But let me ask you a dumb question, what does AP stand for?
But let me ask you a dumb question, what does AP stand for?
actionAction
07-07 01:35 PM
I don't remember the exact implementation, but you have to read it into a structure and type cast to a char pointer (if I am not mistaken).
itsmesabby
06-27 08:47 PM
Using AP does not necessarily mean that one is using the EAD. It is just a document that allows you to travel when needed.
Elaine you can correct if I am wrong ? I had a question though... say the H1-B is valid for more than 1 year but if AP is used the I-94 given would be of only 1 year, should we then extend the I-94 or is our H1-B valid till the duration it is approved for..
Elaine you can correct if I am wrong ? I had a question though... say the H1-B is valid for more than 1 year but if AP is used the I-94 given would be of only 1 year, should we then extend the I-94 or is our H1-B valid till the duration it is approved for..
smisachu
12-09 05:52 PM
Just out of curiosity, what kind of jobs do you guys do? What is your educational qualification? I am getting my PhD but it is still some time before I finish, I want to know if there is any way to port from EB2 to EB1 before that.
more...
Jaime
09-20 01:30 PM
In our next rally (hopefully soon) we should all carry placards, but they should read only ONE strong message, along the lines of:
"WE ARE ALREADY LEGAL AND HIGHLY-SKILLED IMMIGRANTS, STOP LUMPING US WITH ILLEGALS AND END THE 10-YEAR GREEN CARD WAITS"
but shorter and more catching
WE MUST EDUCATE PEOPLE AND CONGRESS!!!! ENOUGH WITH THEIR APATHY IN GETTING TO KNOW WHO WE REALLY ARE!
"WE ARE ALREADY LEGAL AND HIGHLY-SKILLED IMMIGRANTS, STOP LUMPING US WITH ILLEGALS AND END THE 10-YEAR GREEN CARD WAITS"
but shorter and more catching
WE MUST EDUCATE PEOPLE AND CONGRESS!!!! ENOUGH WITH THEIR APATHY IN GETTING TO KNOW WHO WE REALLY ARE!

mars
08-17 02:49 PM
Hi,
When we apply for H1 Extension we need to get an approval from DOL before posting( Earlier it used be online and from july 1 2009 this cannot be approved online).
It seems as per the new DOL Requirements two notices has to be posted at two locations ( One at Employers office and one at the client location. U.S. Department of Labor (DOL)
regulations requires that a Posting Notice be posted within your organization in two conspicuous locations for 10 consecutive business days)
As this H1-B posting info might contain the salary details etc. What happens if the client policies doesn't allow posting such notices ?? so what other options are available in such a case..
could some one please provide more details reg this...
mars..
When we apply for H1 Extension we need to get an approval from DOL before posting( Earlier it used be online and from july 1 2009 this cannot be approved online).
It seems as per the new DOL Requirements two notices has to be posted at two locations ( One at Employers office and one at the client location. U.S. Department of Labor (DOL)
regulations requires that a Posting Notice be posted within your organization in two conspicuous locations for 10 consecutive business days)
As this H1-B posting info might contain the salary details etc. What happens if the client policies doesn't allow posting such notices ?? so what other options are available in such a case..
could some one please provide more details reg this...
mars..
more...
rsayed
05-06 12:40 PM
I am about to start my GC processing under EB3 category. I know my chances are extremely extremely slim. I am filing for GC hoping that CIR or some other bill to clear GC backlog passes.
My question is .. How much time would it take to clear all the pending GC cases once the bill is passed ?
I am assuming 2 years. Am I correct ?
I read somewhere on the internet that a similar situation arised in the past (may be year 2000 or 2001), and when a bill was passed to clear the backlog, after few months (for bill signing and other paperwork) everyone with I-140 approvals were eligible to apply for I-485.
Is the situation that exists today any different than it was in year 2000 or 2001 ?
Any comments will be greatly appreciated.
Quite honestly, NO ONE can predict accurate wait times. Even, if some form of Bill gets through - it is anybody's guess as to how much time any of us will have to wait in order for us to be able to file our 485s'.
Expect to wait for a long time...
My question is .. How much time would it take to clear all the pending GC cases once the bill is passed ?
I am assuming 2 years. Am I correct ?
I read somewhere on the internet that a similar situation arised in the past (may be year 2000 or 2001), and when a bill was passed to clear the backlog, after few months (for bill signing and other paperwork) everyone with I-140 approvals were eligible to apply for I-485.
Is the situation that exists today any different than it was in year 2000 or 2001 ?
Any comments will be greatly appreciated.
Quite honestly, NO ONE can predict accurate wait times. Even, if some form of Bill gets through - it is anybody's guess as to how much time any of us will have to wait in order for us to be able to file our 485s'.
Expect to wait for a long time...
ita
01-04 04:19 PM
Thanks so much for all the replies.
I'm going to follow the links provided.
Should your bank statements reflect specific minimun balance ?
Thank you.
I'm going to follow the links provided.
Should your bank statements reflect specific minimun balance ?
Thank you.
more...
deba
01-22 05:46 PM
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
- Mark Twain
So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
- Mark Twain
anandrajesh
07-18 10:33 AM
If you havent contributed anything and still hesitating to contribute, now is the time. You have seen the results as form as the revised bulletin and this relief is temporary. If you want a permanent relief(Green Card) from all this you need to contribute.
Trust IV CORE. Please start contributing.
Trust IV CORE. Please start contributing.
more...
kprgroup
07-20 12:37 PM
Background OF Myself
----------------------
Worked for Company A from 2003 to 2008.
Company A applied I-140 and approved April 2006. AOS 485 filed on July 2007. Got EAD but never used it
September 2008 I have Joined employer �B� by transferring H1B (Valid until Aug 2010).
Employer A revoked 140 which triggered 485 denials in October 2008.
Applied MTR and it was approved in NOVEMBER 2008 and 485 reopened.
Questions
----------
Now Will I able to renew my H1B? Using pending 485 more than 365 days?If so will able to get 3 years renewal?
Will the past 140 revoke issue, trigger any RFE?
When I send my all H1B renewal papers, do I need to enclose my 485 receipt copy? or also the MTR(Motion to Reopen)copy?
Thanks
KPR
----------------------
Worked for Company A from 2003 to 2008.
Company A applied I-140 and approved April 2006. AOS 485 filed on July 2007. Got EAD but never used it
September 2008 I have Joined employer �B� by transferring H1B (Valid until Aug 2010).
Employer A revoked 140 which triggered 485 denials in October 2008.
Applied MTR and it was approved in NOVEMBER 2008 and 485 reopened.
Questions
----------
Now Will I able to renew my H1B? Using pending 485 more than 365 days?If so will able to get 3 years renewal?
Will the past 140 revoke issue, trigger any RFE?
When I send my all H1B renewal papers, do I need to enclose my 485 receipt copy? or also the MTR(Motion to Reopen)copy?
Thanks
KPR
Canadian_Dream
07-25 01:51 PM
Keep both applications going. Yes you would need a physical copy of labor to file the second one. You can later withdraw the first one when your second I-140 with a better priority date is approved. You can also interfile the I485 when your second I-140 is approved (based on your own labor). The only caveat is your priority date must be current when you interfile. Check Pearson Memo on Interfiling.
Do the following:
If you receive physical copy before AUG 17:
1. File I-140/I-485 with your OWN labor before AUG-17.
2. Do not apply for EAD and AP on the second one.
3. Withdraw the first I-485 application when your I-140 on the second one is approved. (This will give you better priority date and no hassle of two applications)
4. You can continue using EAD/AP filed with the first applications.
If you don't receive the physical copy before AUG-17
1. File I-140 whenever you receive the physical copy.
2. In the mean while your current I-140/I485 application based on substituted
labor will be processed as usual.
3. You can receive EAD/AP (Try not to use it though !!)
4. Whenever your second I-140 is approved and your priority date is current interfile the I-485 based on substituted labor with your approved I-140 with better PD.
Good Luck.
My company ( biggie US firm) filed 140 and 485 on a substituted LC on July 2.
Now my own LC which was pending in BEC (and which has better PD) is approved. Can I file 140 on this? Since substitution is risky, I want to use this 140 for my 485 (over the substituted one) ? How do I do that?
Do I need physical copy of my approved LC to file 140?
Replies will be greatly appreciated
Do the following:
If you receive physical copy before AUG 17:
1. File I-140/I-485 with your OWN labor before AUG-17.
2. Do not apply for EAD and AP on the second one.
3. Withdraw the first I-485 application when your I-140 on the second one is approved. (This will give you better priority date and no hassle of two applications)
4. You can continue using EAD/AP filed with the first applications.
If you don't receive the physical copy before AUG-17
1. File I-140 whenever you receive the physical copy.
2. In the mean while your current I-140/I485 application based on substituted
labor will be processed as usual.
3. You can receive EAD/AP (Try not to use it though !!)
4. Whenever your second I-140 is approved and your priority date is current interfile the I-485 based on substituted labor with your approved I-140 with better PD.
Good Luck.
My company ( biggie US firm) filed 140 and 485 on a substituted LC on July 2.
Now my own LC which was pending in BEC (and which has better PD) is approved. Can I file 140 on this? Since substitution is risky, I want to use this 140 for my 485 (over the substituted one) ? How do I do that?
Do I need physical copy of my approved LC to file 140?
Replies will be greatly appreciated
more...
manishcp
06-02 08:08 AM
http://resources.alibaba.com/topic/345323/Make_your_own_passport_photos_with_photoshop_.htm
seahawks
04-28 11:15 AM
oops, I read your post again, you said non premium processing, sorry, I dont have that information. I filed mine through premium processing since I waited 4 years just for my labor.
more...
gchopes
08-16 10:37 AM
I just wanted to confirm that it is ok to travel on AP via Dubai from Emirates without H1B stamp. Has anyone done this recently and can you share your experience? Thanks.
- gchopes
- gchopes

kondur_007
08-17 11:31 AM
It's a flip of a coin:
1. Some VO cancel your all previous visas when stamping new one. If that happens, of course you can not use any of the previous visas.
2. Some VO are "lazy" to so; if they leave your B1 as it is (and do not cancel it), you can use it in future.
You can not "ask" them to leave your B1 alone (as legally they are required to cancel them). If you raise the questions during stamping, chances are that they "will cancel" it. So best option: Go for stamping and see what happens!
good luck.
1. Some VO cancel your all previous visas when stamping new one. If that happens, of course you can not use any of the previous visas.
2. Some VO are "lazy" to so; if they leave your B1 as it is (and do not cancel it), you can use it in future.
You can not "ask" them to leave your B1 alone (as legally they are required to cancel them). If you raise the questions during stamping, chances are that they "will cancel" it. So best option: Go for stamping and see what happens!
good luck.
more...
apnair2002
09-08 02:12 PM
Great Work Shilpa
bhp2301
10-09 06:09 PM
Leave Nov visa bulletin, I am more interested in November pay check, thank to this economy.
Marry me...i like funny people......
/thread
Marry me...i like funny people......
/thread
meridiani.planum
10-01 11:58 PM
Folks
this is a Q for my Friend
He was working at Lehman before the company filed for chapter 11
... He has been told that salary will be paid for 3 months
Right now he is at home and looking for other offers and no H1b transfer has been started
Question is ... Is he OK ( in status ) currently or a H1b transfer has to be done ASAP
thanks
Is the employer-employee relationship going to go on for 3 months? (ie. is he going to go to office, get paid at usual intervals etc)? If so, he is fine, he is in status. If he has been laid off, has no access to teh office anymore etc, then as far as H1-B goes, the employer-employee relationship has ended and he is out of status; he should transfer teh H1 asap.
this is a Q for my Friend
He was working at Lehman before the company filed for chapter 11
... He has been told that salary will be paid for 3 months
Right now he is at home and looking for other offers and no H1b transfer has been started
Question is ... Is he OK ( in status ) currently or a H1b transfer has to be done ASAP
thanks
Is the employer-employee relationship going to go on for 3 months? (ie. is he going to go to office, get paid at usual intervals etc)? If so, he is fine, he is in status. If he has been laid off, has no access to teh office anymore etc, then as far as H1-B goes, the employer-employee relationship has ended and he is out of status; he should transfer teh H1 asap.
rogerdepena
07-17 09:53 PM
Excellent. I am new in this cage..but I am proud to be here. I will definetly donate generously for 4 core for future lobbying. Also I would think..we need 2 avoid anti-immigration media such as CNN etc. I saw WSJ, Business Week, CNBC(Brian William news at 6.30), CNBC Maria, Washington post, New york time and some other local news paper helping us with covergae on this issue. We shouldn't be helping Lou dobb's kind of guys to boost his ratings. I decided to stay away from that chap!! and CNN. I know many of my friends regulary watch CNN and I advised everyone to switch to other channel..what u guys think. Once again congts all.. sleep well and enjoy..
good idea. i stopped watching CNN since I've watched Lou Dobbs. I can't stand Lou Dobbs, he's a creature of hate. CNN should have the moral sense of firing Lou Dobbs. I guess CNN ASIA is totally a different animal, nevertheless I am not patronizing any CNN affiliated companies. Boycott them and spread the word.
good idea. i stopped watching CNN since I've watched Lou Dobbs. I can't stand Lou Dobbs, he's a creature of hate. CNN should have the moral sense of firing Lou Dobbs. I guess CNN ASIA is totally a different animal, nevertheless I am not patronizing any CNN affiliated companies. Boycott them and spread the word.
mingan
12-19 02:10 PM
Jut get a notorized letter from a ex-employee preferable lead and manager. Also it would be nice if she/he gives it in letter head
you mean ex-employee on his current employer's letter head? does it work?
you mean ex-employee on his current employer's letter head? does it work?
No comments:
Post a Comment