P-Worm
Sep 10, 07:57 PM
Yeah, yeah, I'm a newbie, but I don't think I fully understand this spamming thing. Is it when you say something unrelated or something already said before?:confused:
P-Worm
P-Worm
Badger^2
May 4, 08:50 PM
Thanks. So, the 27" iMac would support two external 22" hdmi/vga displays then?
Childs play. Supports 2 30" displays easily.
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2011/05/imac-2011-05-03-600-58.jpg
Even my 24" iMac 1920 X 1200 powers a second 24" monitor @ 1920 X 1200.
22" @ 1600 x 1080 is even fewer.
Childs play. Supports 2 30" displays easily.
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2011/05/imac-2011-05-03-600-58.jpg
Even my 24" iMac 1920 X 1200 powers a second 24" monitor @ 1920 X 1200.
22" @ 1600 x 1080 is even fewer.
wickedG35
Mar 13, 02:47 PM
The only things I would consider doing a partial trade for is:
1. Firelite Firewire 160GB external HD
2. 500GB MyBook Studio External HD
1. Firelite Firewire 160GB external HD
2. 500GB MyBook Studio External HD
ghostlyorb
Mar 3, 03:19 PM
Hi there,
Just wanted to make a suggestion on thread titles. I may be the only one, but I think that thread titles with repeated question marks (?????) are annoying and unnecessary. It only suggests unnecessary urgency and importance to the thread the poster has written. Therefore I think there should be a rule that states that threads with more than one repeated question mark in the title will be deleted until renamed.
Thanks,
Ams.
And yet you put it in your title? I know it was to make a point.. but sorta hypocritical...
Just wanted to make a suggestion on thread titles. I may be the only one, but I think that thread titles with repeated question marks (?????) are annoying and unnecessary. It only suggests unnecessary urgency and importance to the thread the poster has written. Therefore I think there should be a rule that states that threads with more than one repeated question mark in the title will be deleted until renamed.
Thanks,
Ams.
And yet you put it in your title? I know it was to make a point.. but sorta hypocritical...
more...
Sykte
Apr 19, 05:22 PM
[UIView animateWithDuration:0.8 delay:0.0 options: UIViewAnimationTransitionFlipFromLeft animations:^ { popContents.view.frame = CGRectMake(160, 70, 350, 350);
[self.view.superview bringSubviewToFront:self.view];
[self.view.superview addSubview:popContents.view]; }
completion: ^(BOOL finished) {
NSLog(@"DONE");
}
];
UIViewAnimationTransitionFlipFromLeft
This isn't a UIViewAnimationOption, what happens when you sub in the following.
UIViewAnimationOptionTransitionFlipFromLeft
[self.view.superview bringSubviewToFront:self.view];
[self.view.superview addSubview:popContents.view]; }
completion: ^(BOOL finished) {
NSLog(@"DONE");
}
];
UIViewAnimationTransitionFlipFromLeft
This isn't a UIViewAnimationOption, what happens when you sub in the following.
UIViewAnimationOptionTransitionFlipFromLeft
iJohnHenry
Apr 23, 11:02 AM
Yes of course - but so what? We aren't islamophobic, are we?
No, not a bit of it.
We'll just give them the tools with which to defeat us.
Silly season is in full swing.
No, not a bit of it.
We'll just give them the tools with which to defeat us.
Silly season is in full swing.
more...
dlee96
May 2, 12:53 PM
With the plastic clips, the springs were required to maintain pressure between the heatsink and the CPU. You don't need the springs if you're using screws and nuts. I used nylon screws and nylon lock nuts. I see temps a few degrees lower than yours while encoding. Remember not to use too much thermal paste.
I've recently installed a 2.33ghz c2d chip in my old 1.66 cd mac mini. The performance boost has been great!
I've noticed temps have gotten a little high while running encodes and such... around low - mid 90s C while handbrake is encoding. I know this is still within operating temperature, but i'd like them to be a little lower.
I managed to keep the plastic clips from breaking while installing my cpu. I've been thinking about replacing the nylon clips with some nylon screws, like others have mentioned.
My question, Do people use the springs that came with the clips when installing the screws? Or do people just screw the heatsink down snug to the cpu without the springs?
Thanks,
I've recently installed a 2.33ghz c2d chip in my old 1.66 cd mac mini. The performance boost has been great!
I've noticed temps have gotten a little high while running encodes and such... around low - mid 90s C while handbrake is encoding. I know this is still within operating temperature, but i'd like them to be a little lower.
I managed to keep the plastic clips from breaking while installing my cpu. I've been thinking about replacing the nylon clips with some nylon screws, like others have mentioned.
My question, Do people use the springs that came with the clips when installing the screws? Or do people just screw the heatsink down snug to the cpu without the springs?
Thanks,
roadbloc
Jan 21, 03:53 AM
The update weighs in at 27.52 MB
http://i.imgur.com/vT4eG.png
http://i.imgur.com/vT4eG.png
more...
MacRumorUser
Mar 20, 10:50 AM
Well as I have already signed up for a PSN Euro account I've been trying to login daily, but it cambe back as - not ready to launch in your territory. Well just tried it and yep.. Euro PSN is live.
The Euro Playsation store is 'CHEAPER' than the USA store.
Tekken Dark Resurection is $19.99 but on the Euro site its �9.99 ($13.50)
Lemmings �4.99
BlastFactor �4.99
GripShift �7.99
---------
The Euro Playsation store is 'CHEAPER' than the USA store.
Tekken Dark Resurection is $19.99 but on the Euro site its �9.99 ($13.50)
Lemmings �4.99
BlastFactor �4.99
GripShift �7.99
---------
mcmillan
Sep 28, 07:50 PM
Use RapidWeaver, seriously, it's the best app for making easy, fast, and good looking websites. The site in my link was made using RapidWeaver, and version 3.2 is coming out this October. The software is shareware, I think the cost is $35~. You don't need to know anything about HTML, you don't need to use any tags unless you are using the sidebar, which is usually for really simple stuff. You can make blogs with comments and RSS and a lot of other stuff. This app has everything.
http://www.realmacsoftware.com/rapidweaver/index.php Enjoy!
http://www.realmacsoftware.com/rapidweaver/index.php Enjoy!
more...
design-is
Apr 12, 02:42 PM
...file > export > layouts as project > pick version 8. Will this work in 8.5?
Yes, should do :)
All versions of QuarkXpress should open docs which were created with earlier versions. Though there is the occasional passport / multi-langauage version problem which is just a pain in the bum: "This is a multiple language document and can only be opened in QuarkXPress Passport. [287]" �*but that's a different topic entirely.
Yes, should do :)
All versions of QuarkXpress should open docs which were created with earlier versions. Though there is the occasional passport / multi-langauage version problem which is just a pain in the bum: "This is a multiple language document and can only be opened in QuarkXPress Passport. [287]" �*but that's a different topic entirely.
sparkleytone
Sep 17, 06:57 PM
now this is sexy. (http://www.applele.com)
http://www.applele.com/hiphone_r04c.jpg
i would buy one in a heartbeat. also....the future moto phones that have been liked look nice...esp the v600. pic links have already been taken down :(
http://www.applele.com/hiphone_r04c.jpg
i would buy one in a heartbeat. also....the future moto phones that have been liked look nice...esp the v600. pic links have already been taken down :(
more...
HexMonkey
Jan 3, 06:38 PM
I've structured the WorldEdit talk page to allow for nominations. This allows everyone (including unregistered users) to make them. Tuesday sounds good to me, although we might have to delay it a bit this week.
dino8031
Dec 2, 07:57 PM
These are scams. The sellers always seem to be in Spain or England for some reason and will send you the item after you use their escrow service, which of course is a fraud. If it's too good to be true, it's almost always a scam. Cavaet Emptor.
more...
Nameci
Apr 20, 08:07 AM
Seems to me that it is caused by a faulty video memory...
Hrududu
Mar 9, 10:32 PM
Not sure how you saw a 12" Powerbook over a decade ago since they didn't come out until 2003 ;)
But seriously, they will hold 1.12GB of RAM in the original 867MHz models, and all the ones after than will do 1.25GB of RAM. For a short time you actually could get CPU upgrades through a company that you would mail the PowerBook to and they would upgrade it to 1.67GHz or something like that. I've owned both a 867MHz model and currently a 1.5GHz one. Go for no less than a 1.33. They have faster RAM, much better graphics chips, and more HD space by default. My 1.5GHz is wonderful in Leopard with the maximum RAM installed and its 64MB GeForce Go5200 graphics card. Probably wouldn't hurt to find a newer & faster HD, but for a secondary computer, 60GB is plenty for me.
But seriously, they will hold 1.12GB of RAM in the original 867MHz models, and all the ones after than will do 1.25GB of RAM. For a short time you actually could get CPU upgrades through a company that you would mail the PowerBook to and they would upgrade it to 1.67GHz or something like that. I've owned both a 867MHz model and currently a 1.5GHz one. Go for no less than a 1.33. They have faster RAM, much better graphics chips, and more HD space by default. My 1.5GHz is wonderful in Leopard with the maximum RAM installed and its 64MB GeForce Go5200 graphics card. Probably wouldn't hurt to find a newer & faster HD, but for a secondary computer, 60GB is plenty for me.
more...
wayne091189
Oct 17, 11:49 AM
This is my first post so hello all.
I went over to techTV.com today and found a realy good video clip showing you the future of PC in five years time, and thay had some great hardware on show too.
But the best thing in the video was this great looking OS that was runing on there computers. Man I thought OSX was a good looking OS, but this look's so good. This is a must see.
http://www.techtv.com/news/news/story/0,24195,3403038,00.html
And if I ever become a rich man I would love to have one of these monitors to work on PLEASE PLEASE.
I went over to techTV.com today and found a realy good video clip showing you the future of PC in five years time, and thay had some great hardware on show too.
But the best thing in the video was this great looking OS that was runing on there computers. Man I thought OSX was a good looking OS, but this look's so good. This is a must see.
http://www.techtv.com/news/news/story/0,24195,3403038,00.html
And if I ever become a rich man I would love to have one of these monitors to work on PLEASE PLEASE.
uaecasher
Mar 18, 06:35 AM
Personally, I hate RETAIL as it takes away time from family and other important tasks one needs.. Plus I prefer 9-5 with weekends off. I am an Administrator for a small, family size firm and my hours are not retail.. been there done that - retail has no future, and from what I heard how reps are treated in an apple retail store, a lot complain about the pay which is too low and with gas prices going sky high and food prices also(recession ISN'T OVER, but RE-GENERATING), its impossible to survive on the rate of pay for a retail sales rep.
If you want to make it in the Apple Store, I'd suggest Genius or if you have managerial experience, Store Manager.
I agree with you.
If you want to make it in the Apple Store, I'd suggest Genius or if you have managerial experience, Store Manager.
I agree with you.
nec207
Apr 17, 02:24 AM
Open the Console.app in the Utilities folder. Bring up the context menu on each log listed on the left hand side and hit Reveal in Finder. It is perfectly safe to delete them all. Yes those logs will get MASSIVE. Afterward you should empty the Trash.
Okay !!
But do you think after 5 years of use it be more 15 GB the logs?
Okay !!
But do you think after 5 years of use it be more 15 GB the logs?
Blue Velvet
Sep 25, 08:10 PM
Specifically, you mean men's trousers.
Perhaps it's to do with the way men's clothing in Western society has adapted through the years as responses to their occupations, especially since the Industrial Revolution. Hard-wearing and inexpensive textiles for manual workers, expensive but muted colours for those in non-manual trades... combined with the general expense of decorative fabrics.
But I'm just wildly speculating here...
A couple of weeks ago, I went to the Victoria & Albert Museum (http://www.vam.ac.uk/) here in London where they have many collections of historical clothing from throughout the world � many non-western cultures were far more flamboyant in their male attire, particularly cultures from the Orient.
But now the suit has become the international masculine garb of politics, trade and commerce. Take one look at those staged photos of the leaders at the G8 or any other international gathering � it's rare to see leaders in traditional and local dress.
My random thoughts, anyway.
Perhaps it's to do with the way men's clothing in Western society has adapted through the years as responses to their occupations, especially since the Industrial Revolution. Hard-wearing and inexpensive textiles for manual workers, expensive but muted colours for those in non-manual trades... combined with the general expense of decorative fabrics.
But I'm just wildly speculating here...
A couple of weeks ago, I went to the Victoria & Albert Museum (http://www.vam.ac.uk/) here in London where they have many collections of historical clothing from throughout the world � many non-western cultures were far more flamboyant in their male attire, particularly cultures from the Orient.
But now the suit has become the international masculine garb of politics, trade and commerce. Take one look at those staged photos of the leaders at the G8 or any other international gathering � it's rare to see leaders in traditional and local dress.
My random thoughts, anyway.
TheWitePony
Jul 25, 08:16 PM
Here is a screen shot. As you can see the Print Center can see my printer, yet it says that I have no drivers insalled. And apparently I nee some drivers because I cannot click add to add the printer. Also, I just downloaded gimp print and it did not seem to work either. I believe that there is some problem with the all in one printers. This is unfortunate, i was planning on using the same printer between my PC and my Mac. I guess I'm going to have to network or move my files to my PC if I ever need to print anything, which is going to be a pain....because I refuse to buy another printer, one should be enough.
bearcatrp
Apr 29, 07:04 PM
I've recently installed a 2.33ghz c2d chip in my old 1.66 cd mac mini. The performance boost has been great!
I've noticed temps have gotten a little high while running encodes and such... around low - mid 90s C while handbrake is encoding. I know this is still within operating temperature, but i'd like them to be a little lower.
Thanks,
Suggest you install smcfancontrol and manually adjust your fans when encoding. Your mini's air flow was designed for the original processor. Works great on my 2010 mini and my Mac pro's I used to have.
I've noticed temps have gotten a little high while running encodes and such... around low - mid 90s C while handbrake is encoding. I know this is still within operating temperature, but i'd like them to be a little lower.
Thanks,
Suggest you install smcfancontrol and manually adjust your fans when encoding. Your mini's air flow was designed for the original processor. Works great on my 2010 mini and my Mac pro's I used to have.
maya
Sep 23, 10:50 AM
With global warming, its sure to get worse next year!!!!!!!!!!!
What a load of BS.
Someone is living in a crevice for the past decade. :rolleyes:
What a load of BS.
Someone is living in a crevice for the past decade. :rolleyes:
Tom8
Feb 20, 05:29 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)
I would implore everyone on this site to donate atleast $10. This guy needs our help.
No soldier left behind.
I would implore everyone on this site to donate atleast $10. This guy needs our help.
No soldier left behind.
No comments:
Post a Comment