
MCQ
10-26 04:03 PM
Here's how I see it.
If you are employed by a US company and are on the US payroll of that company, and they are paying your salary into your US bank account, then I would say, that even though you may be working remotely in an Indian office of that US company - then yes, you need the EAD.
Why - you might ask. Very simply, if you are on the US payroll you need to have an I-9 on file with the company. You can only file an I-9 if you have the legal right to work in the US for that company (EAD / GC / Citizen / H1B etc).
so what it all boils down to is, no matter where you are working in the world for the company, if you are on the US payroll, you need an I-9, to file the I-9 you need a legal right to work, and that for you means the EAD.
one other thing. I believe that you also need to be in the US to file for and receive the AP & EAD.
Hope that helps
McQ
If you are employed by a US company and are on the US payroll of that company, and they are paying your salary into your US bank account, then I would say, that even though you may be working remotely in an Indian office of that US company - then yes, you need the EAD.
Why - you might ask. Very simply, if you are on the US payroll you need to have an I-9 on file with the company. You can only file an I-9 if you have the legal right to work in the US for that company (EAD / GC / Citizen / H1B etc).
so what it all boils down to is, no matter where you are working in the world for the company, if you are on the US payroll, you need an I-9, to file the I-9 you need a legal right to work, and that for you means the EAD.
one other thing. I believe that you also need to be in the US to file for and receive the AP & EAD.
Hope that helps
McQ
wallpaper Robert Pattinson#39;s profile
EkAurAaya
07-10 09:37 PM
My observation... based on i140 application
My case was sent to NSC and it remained in NSC, however applications of 5 colleagues of mine got transfered to TSC... and another 3 remained at NSC
There seems to be a pattern on how they transfer cases from NSC to TSC based on last name (this is totally based on a very small specimen)... posting it here to know if it holds any water
Last name starting with A, C, E, G, I, K..... transfered to TSC
Last name starting with B, D, F, H, J, L..... stayed at NSC
any comments? again this is only based on my observation on a very small # of cases
My case was sent to NSC and it remained in NSC, however applications of 5 colleagues of mine got transfered to TSC... and another 3 remained at NSC
There seems to be a pattern on how they transfer cases from NSC to TSC based on last name (this is totally based on a very small specimen)... posting it here to know if it holds any water
Last name starting with A, C, E, G, I, K..... transfered to TSC
Last name starting with B, D, F, H, J, L..... stayed at NSC
any comments? again this is only based on my observation on a very small # of cases
MCQ
08-07 05:28 PM
I should have added - I'm STILL employed by them - that's how smart and forward looking they are - been bought over twice, but same management is still in charge of my division and same attitude still prevails
McQ
McQ
2011 Robert Pattinson Related to

crystal
07-10 09:47 PM
as we know the answer now
can somebody close this thread before people start writing one after other their last name and center.
can somebody close this thread before people start writing one after other their last name and center.
more...
aniraj
08-02 01:26 PM
Thanks a lot
hebron
10-11 06:56 PM
That�s what exactly I am trying to find here. Since I am not USC or GC, would they take my complain seriously and I want to remain anonymous. Is it possible?
Yes, They will take you seriously. Just complain to DOL.
Yes, They will take you seriously. Just complain to DOL.
more...
wandmaker
03-05 02:05 PM
Hi,
I am in need of some advice. I am on first h1b extension with 2.5 hears left. I have an MS but was filed under eb3 with priority date of march 2005 (didn't knew about priority categories at that time). Now I am feeling a bit stagnant in my current job, but have always felt myself constrained thinking about restarting the GC process from zero. Given the current eb3 condition and my priority date what would you suggest I should do? Switch job, get a salary raise, restart under eb2 or continue doing whatever I do hoping eb3 will become current in some reasonable time and i'll be free ?
Thanks for any inputs/thoughts.
eb3retro, As you may have noticed, this was my first post ever. So I am not aware of what rules you guys have been trying to enforce on this forum. However I like to have my privacy and refuse to share any info that is not pertinent or until I feel comfortable enough. so long .....
IV does not collect any identifiable information. The information is being requested is all about petitions that you had filed, which no way affects your privacy in my personal opinion. These information will help IV to slice and dice the data and present it to lawmakers when the need arises.
It is up to you to contribute to these efforts with clean data. I would suggest you to get a paid consultation from an immigration attorney until you become comfortable with IV, people and its forum
I am in need of some advice. I am on first h1b extension with 2.5 hears left. I have an MS but was filed under eb3 with priority date of march 2005 (didn't knew about priority categories at that time). Now I am feeling a bit stagnant in my current job, but have always felt myself constrained thinking about restarting the GC process from zero. Given the current eb3 condition and my priority date what would you suggest I should do? Switch job, get a salary raise, restart under eb2 or continue doing whatever I do hoping eb3 will become current in some reasonable time and i'll be free ?
Thanks for any inputs/thoughts.
eb3retro, As you may have noticed, this was my first post ever. So I am not aware of what rules you guys have been trying to enforce on this forum. However I like to have my privacy and refuse to share any info that is not pertinent or until I feel comfortable enough. so long .....
IV does not collect any identifiable information. The information is being requested is all about petitions that you had filed, which no way affects your privacy in my personal opinion. These information will help IV to slice and dice the data and present it to lawmakers when the need arises.
It is up to you to contribute to these efforts with clean data. I would suggest you to get a paid consultation from an immigration attorney until you become comfortable with IV, people and its forum
2010 starring Robert Pattinson.
ilikekilo
07-18 10:39 AM
This is the website to check labor status at the BEC.
http://pds.pbls.doleta.gov/
My case was filed in Nov 2001. In Oct 2006, the DOL stated that they lost my case (I did not receive a 45 day letter). So my lawyer reconstructed my labor and filed it again as per DOL's instruction. I received a 45 day letter in Apr 2007 which showed my case no. Since then I have been checking the case status online.
very sorry to eahr that.....did urs get approved yet
http://pds.pbls.doleta.gov/
My case was filed in Nov 2001. In Oct 2006, the DOL stated that they lost my case (I did not receive a 45 day letter). So my lawyer reconstructed my labor and filed it again as per DOL's instruction. I received a 45 day letter in Apr 2007 which showed my case no. Since then I have been checking the case status online.
very sorry to eahr that.....did urs get approved yet
more...
wandmaker
10-23 08:50 AM
If I don't receive a response from USCIS before Jan 15, can I work till I get the notice ? or my employer is required to terminate my employment on Jan 15 according to the recapture time as mentioned on application ?
Your employer should terminate you from the job on Jan 15, as you will not be authorized to work after that.
I would like to apply for B2 transfer so I can stay for 2 months and travel around US. I also own car, house, and a ton of personal belongings etc. My house is under water (I mean I have $390K loan left on the house which is probably worth $250K). I might have to take it into foreclosure and eventually file for Bankruptcy and the process might take anywhere between 3 months to 18 months in present situation. I plan to leave US with in 2 months as I want to complete the mandatory 1-year outside before I could be eligible for new H1 visa but I might have to come back multiple to US for legal purposes during foreclosure or bankruptcy. Can I request a long term B2 visa (like 2 or 5 year) ?
COS will get you max of 6 months of B2 - If you apply B2 at consulate in your home country, you *may* have a chance of getting multiple year/entry B2 visa.
If my employer does terminate my job on Jan 15 2010, how early should I file for B2 transfer ?
Make sure COS application reaches them before Jan 15th.
If my employer say that I can legally work till I get notice from USCIS, when should I file for B2 transfer ?
Dont work beyond the date requested in your H1B extension.
what are the typical costs of filing for H1b to B2 transfer ? (application fees, attorney fees etc.)
Minimum of 1K attorney fees....
Your employer should terminate you from the job on Jan 15, as you will not be authorized to work after that.
I would like to apply for B2 transfer so I can stay for 2 months and travel around US. I also own car, house, and a ton of personal belongings etc. My house is under water (I mean I have $390K loan left on the house which is probably worth $250K). I might have to take it into foreclosure and eventually file for Bankruptcy and the process might take anywhere between 3 months to 18 months in present situation. I plan to leave US with in 2 months as I want to complete the mandatory 1-year outside before I could be eligible for new H1 visa but I might have to come back multiple to US for legal purposes during foreclosure or bankruptcy. Can I request a long term B2 visa (like 2 or 5 year) ?
COS will get you max of 6 months of B2 - If you apply B2 at consulate in your home country, you *may* have a chance of getting multiple year/entry B2 visa.
If my employer does terminate my job on Jan 15 2010, how early should I file for B2 transfer ?
Make sure COS application reaches them before Jan 15th.
If my employer say that I can legally work till I get notice from USCIS, when should I file for B2 transfer ?
Dont work beyond the date requested in your H1B extension.
what are the typical costs of filing for H1b to B2 transfer ? (application fees, attorney fees etc.)
Minimum of 1K attorney fees....
hair robert pattinson family pictures. robert pattinson smoking.
pani_6
07-03 12:06 PM
OK if I go the convert to Eb2 route..when do Ihave to shift to the new employer..after the new PERM is approved or after the I-14o is approved??.
more...

raysaikat
08-28 05:09 AM
Hello,
I am currently under H1-B status, and have received a visa stamp at the embassy in my home country. But my H1B visa is going to expire on September 30, 2007 and I have taken a long break for my health problem from my "current" employer since last year December. Now I am in my home country. Recently a US law firm wants me to work for them and starts to line up an interview for me. What's possible result of my H1B status and what's your suggestion? Thank you very much~~
Sonia
You need to get another H1-B from the new employer. You will not be subjected to quota. Otherwise there is no issue since you are in your home country.
I am currently under H1-B status, and have received a visa stamp at the embassy in my home country. But my H1B visa is going to expire on September 30, 2007 and I have taken a long break for my health problem from my "current" employer since last year December. Now I am in my home country. Recently a US law firm wants me to work for them and starts to line up an interview for me. What's possible result of my H1B status and what's your suggestion? Thank you very much~~
Sonia
You need to get another H1-B from the new employer. You will not be subjected to quota. Otherwise there is no issue since you are in your home country.
hot Robert Pattinson Remember Me
kumarr
06-12 09:28 PM
We applied on July 2nd during July 2007 VB fiasco.
I just received the following email from CRIS regarding my son's AOS I-485 application:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS
Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Sent
On June 12, 2009, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, call 1-800-375-5283 to update your address.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am not sure what it is, still waiting for the mail to arrive in next few days.
I am wondering if this has something to do with my son turning 14 years yesterday (i.e. June 11th). Is there any kind of RFE sent for this type of situation?
Please advise.
Thank you for your help.
I just received the following email from CRIS regarding my son's AOS I-485 application:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS
Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Sent
On June 12, 2009, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, call 1-800-375-5283 to update your address.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am not sure what it is, still waiting for the mail to arrive in next few days.
I am wondering if this has something to do with my son turning 14 years yesterday (i.e. June 11th). Is there any kind of RFE sent for this type of situation?
Please advise.
Thank you for your help.
more...
house actor actors pattinson celeb
dpp
10-12 12:19 PM
Live in Carmel. Have been locked in this process for almost nine years.
Is there an active state group?
If so please send me a PM.
I am from Fishers. Let me know if state chapter starts.
Is there an active state group?
If so please send me a PM.
I am from Fishers. Let me know if state chapter starts.
tattoo and Rob are holding hands!
rkotamurthy
09-16 02:03 AM
If you ask " Why Am I responsible for low media attention?" My answer is each and every Legal Skilled Immigrant is responsible for this. We are a tribe who do not believe in shouting on the roads. We think this is cheap!
Trust me, this is not being done in any cheap manner. It is not cheap to ask what you deserve. It is not cheap to express one's opinion in a diginified manner not offending anyone. It is not cheap to explain your problems to your lawmaker.
If you think that participating in this rally is cheap and only uneducated would shout on the roads, then come to DC to witness PhDs, MBAs, PMPs, CPAs, Attorneys and some of the brightest and the best minds shout at the top of their voice to fix the broken immigration system.
Sounds unbelievable, come, witness it for yourself on Sept 18th at Washington Monument.
Trust me, this is not being done in any cheap manner. It is not cheap to ask what you deserve. It is not cheap to express one's opinion in a diginified manner not offending anyone. It is not cheap to explain your problems to your lawmaker.
If you think that participating in this rally is cheap and only uneducated would shout on the roads, then come to DC to witness PhDs, MBAs, PMPs, CPAs, Attorneys and some of the brightest and the best minds shout at the top of their voice to fix the broken immigration system.
Sounds unbelievable, come, witness it for yourself on Sept 18th at Washington Monument.
more...
pictures Robert Pattinson was spotted
bhavingreat
09-22 10:10 AM
hi All,
I didn't find any topic on this so asking a question in a new thread.
I got my GC last month. My company has some problem and requested to take pay cut (50%) for next 3 months. Will this effect my Green Card. I came to know that I should get the salary mentioned in the file at-least for next 6 month after getting the GC. Is this true?
Please help me, I have to take decision ASAP.
Thank you in advance.
I didn't find any topic on this so asking a question in a new thread.
I got my GC last month. My company has some problem and requested to take pay cut (50%) for next 3 months. Will this effect my Green Card. I came to know that I should get the salary mentioned in the file at-least for next 6 month after getting the GC. Is this true?
Please help me, I have to take decision ASAP.
Thank you in advance.
dresses Robert Pattinson 2010 Poster
gclover
01-09 01:18 PM
Has anyone managed to withdraw money from TCS PF from Mumbai India?
If so, pls advise on the procedure for the same?
Thanks,
No forms would work because like a typical family owned blood sucker company, their PF is controlled by another TATA company and not the central govt. AND to get your hard earned money out of that another company, you need a clearance letter signed by some TCS HR personnel ..
You could see if the amount is worth going through the agony of talking to all BS..ing top brass in the company.. If it is, then make your heart of steel and go through it..
they would keep some money as their tip.. (maybe 20%) but give the remaining back to you..
If so, pls advise on the procedure for the same?
Thanks,
No forms would work because like a typical family owned blood sucker company, their PF is controlled by another TATA company and not the central govt. AND to get your hard earned money out of that another company, you need a clearance letter signed by some TCS HR personnel ..
You could see if the amount is worth going through the agony of talking to all BS..ing top brass in the company.. If it is, then make your heart of steel and go through it..
they would keep some money as their tip.. (maybe 20%) but give the remaining back to you..
more...
makeup Robert Pattinson,
RNGC
02-05 04:47 PM
^^
girlfriend Robert Pattinson#39;s Family at
kaisersose
07-18 03:26 PM
1. Can we use AC21 provision without EAD card ?
2. My H1 expires in Jan 2008. Do I need to have EAD card before that ?
3. Can we apply for EAD later, after you have filed 485 and AP? If so do we need any reciept of 485 application?
1. Can we use AC21 provision without EAD card ?
Answer: Sure, you can. In fact, that is the advised approach. Do not fall back on EAD unless absolutely necessary.
2. My H1 expires in Jan 2008. Do I need to have EAD card before that ?
Yes, If you wish to work on EAD then you need to have it by Jan 2008. Unless the interim EAD option is bought back, I doubt if any July filer will have an EAD by January 2008. I would suggest you be prepared to extend your H-1b.
3. Can we apply for EAD later, after you have filed 485 and AP? If so do we need any reciept of 485 application?
Answer: Yes. You can do it yourself, but you will need evidence to show that a 485 has been applied.
2. My H1 expires in Jan 2008. Do I need to have EAD card before that ?
3. Can we apply for EAD later, after you have filed 485 and AP? If so do we need any reciept of 485 application?
1. Can we use AC21 provision without EAD card ?
Answer: Sure, you can. In fact, that is the advised approach. Do not fall back on EAD unless absolutely necessary.
2. My H1 expires in Jan 2008. Do I need to have EAD card before that ?
Yes, If you wish to work on EAD then you need to have it by Jan 2008. Unless the interim EAD option is bought back, I doubt if any July filer will have an EAD by January 2008. I would suggest you be prepared to extend your H-1b.
3. Can we apply for EAD later, after you have filed 485 and AP? If so do we need any reciept of 485 application?
Answer: Yes. You can do it yourself, but you will need evidence to show that a 485 has been applied.
hairstyles shannon woodward and robert
ajay
08-16 11:23 AM
I just wanted to confirm that it is ok to travel on AP via Dubai from Emirates without H1B stamp. Has anyone done this recently and can you share your experience? Thanks.
- gchopes
In Dubai when you come back you have to show your AP and supporting docs if they ask you to. I came back this July 18th.
- gchopes
In Dubai when you come back you have to show your AP and supporting docs if they ask you to. I came back this July 18th.
skynet2500
11-24 12:19 PM
Gurus, can you please let me know your opinion on my below situation? thanks a lot.
coopheal
08-01 09:31 AM
The link on USCIS page sends only the user id thru email. It does not send password.
No comments:
Post a Comment