nerdrockpa
Feb 7, 08:47 PM
anybody have a suggestion for a good, free spyware detection program for os x 10.3?
thanks.
richie
thanks.
richie
aswitcher
Nov 4, 04:18 AM
me also.... great app
i hate that app... thanks for putting it in though... :)
its the one with all the silly driver things isnt it..ok maybe its just im to stooopid to use it..;)
No its pretty easy to install...
i hate that app... thanks for putting it in though... :)
its the one with all the silly driver things isnt it..ok maybe its just im to stooopid to use it..;)
No its pretty easy to install...
Montserrat
Nov 21, 04:20 PM
I'm not that concerned about what features the new phone has. My iPod is by far the easiest to use gadget I own. My phone on the other hand is a horrible design. Loads of features, so on paper it looks good, but in practice is a mess to use. If Apple design a phone that links up via iTunes, works seamlessly and reliably with a well thought out UI and OS, I'll buy it. I do think that they'll stick with iTunes as the sole software for the phone as it already supports contact and calendar synchronisation.
I will be truly shocked if there is something that this phone can do that no other phone can do. I would also be surprised if Apple didn't make a phone that made it easier to do at least one element of current phone usage. Hopefully the basics of phoning, contact organisation and searching, and texting will be better than any of the useless phones I've been lumbered with. It's also important to remember that the design should easily top anything else out there, as design-wise I don't think the competition's that hot.
I will be truly shocked if there is something that this phone can do that no other phone can do. I would also be surprised if Apple didn't make a phone that made it easier to do at least one element of current phone usage. Hopefully the basics of phoning, contact organisation and searching, and texting will be better than any of the useless phones I've been lumbered with. It's also important to remember that the design should easily top anything else out there, as design-wise I don't think the competition's that hot.
NY Guitarist
Apr 30, 07:37 PM
Die Mobile Me - DIE DIE DIE. Anything will be better than the self centered sounding @me.com. I simply will not use the email address in a professional context. Don't mind @Mac.com, and still use it, but @me.com sends the wrong message.
While I don't feel as strongly as you I have to agree. The original mac.com had a significant feel to it.
Me.com sounds frivolous.
While I don't feel as strongly as you I have to agree. The original mac.com had a significant feel to it.
Me.com sounds frivolous.
more...
maflynn
Feb 23, 09:05 AM
I don't know any details but if you're getting music without paying for it, I can't help but think its not kosher.
zap2
May 4, 09:15 AM
To OP
Source
Until then, all the evidence we have suggests the opposite
Once we have evidence, we can then debate the usage of enhanced interrogation/torture then.
Source
Until then, all the evidence we have suggests the opposite
Once we have evidence, we can then debate the usage of enhanced interrogation/torture then.
more...
ghostface147
Apr 7, 08:44 AM
These are rather quick updates.....
GGJstudios
Apr 22, 10:11 AM
Did you check the batteries?
more...
miles01110
Dec 22, 09:14 AM
Some people obviously don't know the cost of staff downtime. Each day, how much longer does it take windows computer to boot up than a Mac? Minutes longer. Add that up over every single work day. Then add the anti-virus scans, annoying pop ups, etc.
Sure, a Windows machine might take longer to boot than a Mac. But realistically, in a normal office environment computers are left running. This particular point is pretty much moot.
I just saw someone spending 4 hours on the phone with issues of the accounting software not working on windows 7.
Yes, because clearly one data point indicates an industry-wide trend. Check the boards for Applecare horror stories, and those stories are from Apple's target market. Imagine what a nightmare it is when your business depends on uptime and you're told "yeah sorry... you have a small nick on the chassis so we won't replace it."
And it turned out to be the anti-virus, after half a day was wasted (and maybe an hour of my time too). That would have bought a Mac Mini or a new MacBook Air, which can run the same software with ease without security conflicts.
The typical argument of the fanboy... security. Security is a user problem, not a technical problem. I've yet to meet one properly trained employee that has gotten malware on their Windows machine.
Perhaps if you'd like to participate in this discussion further you would consider grounding yourself in reality (and/or subject matter knowledge). Clearly you're in over your head.
Since doing a little more research into it and taking the comments on this forum into account I have changed my opinion on whether or not macs should form part of our IT infrastructure.
It's not so much that Macs do not fit at all into an enterprise environment, it's just that you've made it seem like your entire supply chain, user training, SLA network, etc etc are all geared towards Windows. It doesn't make sense to throw another cog into that system.
I currently have enough trouble simply trying to ensure compatibility between Excel '07 files and Excel '03. Adding Excel for Mac files into the mix will no doubt simply introduce another layer of complexity which is certainly not beneficial. This is indicative of many of the 'small' problems that are typically faced every day in the office, again, no thank you to having any more of those.
Annoying, isn't it? Microsoft certainly isn't perfect.
I spend all day writing reports, specifications, data sheets, e-mails to clients and suppliers etc. All of which require dotting every I and crossing every T from a grammar point of view.
I certainly hope so, but I doubt it. The possessive apostrophe is pretty elementary. Just be careful when you start getting calls from Mac's Computer Hardware.
Sure, a Windows machine might take longer to boot than a Mac. But realistically, in a normal office environment computers are left running. This particular point is pretty much moot.
I just saw someone spending 4 hours on the phone with issues of the accounting software not working on windows 7.
Yes, because clearly one data point indicates an industry-wide trend. Check the boards for Applecare horror stories, and those stories are from Apple's target market. Imagine what a nightmare it is when your business depends on uptime and you're told "yeah sorry... you have a small nick on the chassis so we won't replace it."
And it turned out to be the anti-virus, after half a day was wasted (and maybe an hour of my time too). That would have bought a Mac Mini or a new MacBook Air, which can run the same software with ease without security conflicts.
The typical argument of the fanboy... security. Security is a user problem, not a technical problem. I've yet to meet one properly trained employee that has gotten malware on their Windows machine.
Perhaps if you'd like to participate in this discussion further you would consider grounding yourself in reality (and/or subject matter knowledge). Clearly you're in over your head.
Since doing a little more research into it and taking the comments on this forum into account I have changed my opinion on whether or not macs should form part of our IT infrastructure.
It's not so much that Macs do not fit at all into an enterprise environment, it's just that you've made it seem like your entire supply chain, user training, SLA network, etc etc are all geared towards Windows. It doesn't make sense to throw another cog into that system.
I currently have enough trouble simply trying to ensure compatibility between Excel '07 files and Excel '03. Adding Excel for Mac files into the mix will no doubt simply introduce another layer of complexity which is certainly not beneficial. This is indicative of many of the 'small' problems that are typically faced every day in the office, again, no thank you to having any more of those.
Annoying, isn't it? Microsoft certainly isn't perfect.
I spend all day writing reports, specifications, data sheets, e-mails to clients and suppliers etc. All of which require dotting every I and crossing every T from a grammar point of view.
I certainly hope so, but I doubt it. The possessive apostrophe is pretty elementary. Just be careful when you start getting calls from Mac's Computer Hardware.
liamkp
Aug 9, 01:42 PM
Not a very good selection....
http://switcheasy.com/products/CapsuleTouch/CapsuleTouch.php#
http://switcheasy.com/products/CapsuleTouch/CapsuleTouch.php#
more...
rwh202
Jan 26, 12:10 PM
And all that hardware for less than a souped up iMac...
Yeah, it's silly isn't it...
I look at the latest iMacs and can almost convince myself to upgrade from my 2.4GHz C2D iMac, but it's still fine for daily use and the cash buys so much more horsepower elsewhere.
However, if Apple put a decent nvidia card and an i7 2600 in the next 27 inch revision I'll be sold!
Rob
Yeah, it's silly isn't it...
I look at the latest iMacs and can almost convince myself to upgrade from my 2.4GHz C2D iMac, but it's still fine for daily use and the cash buys so much more horsepower elsewhere.
However, if Apple put a decent nvidia card and an i7 2600 in the next 27 inch revision I'll be sold!
Rob
spatterfree
Apr 27, 06:07 PM
lol, yaa, i thought so, no reply means nobody, right?
more...
ChrisA
Nov 19, 09:10 PM
There are no print ads. Thus its extremely difficult to accuse someone of bait and switch. Sites like macrumors and slickdeals are doing all of TJ Maxx's advertising for them. Brilliant.
Yes some marketing guy at TJ gets a few coworkers to go to the local Apple store (Or maybe Walmart) and they buy 100 iPads and sell them at a $10,000 loss. They get more advertizing that way them paying $10K to an ad company. This gimmick is dirt cheap, cheaper then just one newspaper ad.
Yes some marketing guy at TJ gets a few coworkers to go to the local Apple store (Or maybe Walmart) and they buy 100 iPads and sell them at a $10,000 loss. They get more advertizing that way them paying $10K to an ad company. This gimmick is dirt cheap, cheaper then just one newspaper ad.
Consultant
Apr 27, 12:35 PM
Well, as I said before
NUTTY FOLKS: OMG Apple keeps a copy of some wifi stations on my phone. It's a huge privacy violation!
FACT: Apple doesn't access the database cache, emails, passwords, photos on your phone either.
Agreed. More often than not, Apple has tried to side with the user's interests. It's good business practice for them since an angry customer is not a good customer. And since their business model depends on people spending hard-earned cash for products, they need to make their users happy.
Wall Street and the marketplace seem to think they are doing an overall good job.
Exactly.
NUTTY FOLKS: OMG Apple keeps a copy of some wifi stations on my phone. It's a huge privacy violation!
FACT: Apple doesn't access the database cache, emails, passwords, photos on your phone either.
Agreed. More often than not, Apple has tried to side with the user's interests. It's good business practice for them since an angry customer is not a good customer. And since their business model depends on people spending hard-earned cash for products, they need to make their users happy.
Wall Street and the marketplace seem to think they are doing an overall good job.
Exactly.
more...
xi mezmerize ix
Feb 20, 07:37 AM
http://d.pr/O5YG+
Do you use bowtie to display song info? If so, what theme is that?
Do you use bowtie to display song info? If so, what theme is that?
Wrathwitch
Apr 13, 07:09 PM
thanks for continuing to screw us 3gS owners over Apple...
My phone is on its last leg, dropping calls all of the time, have to charge it 3 times a day. If I had known this, I would have already bought a 4...
Blaming Apple is pointless. If your phone isn't working to your satisfaction, get it repaired or purchase a new phone. 3gS is still working very well as a product, my roommate has one and has no complaints about its functionality, nor do a lot of 3gs users. Anticipating on technology companies to be consistent is a wasted guessing game.
I hardly think that Apple is specifically targeting 3gS users to bend over and get screwed. There is more going on globally this year which tends to affect how companies anticipate product releases.
My phone is on its last leg, dropping calls all of the time, have to charge it 3 times a day. If I had known this, I would have already bought a 4...
Blaming Apple is pointless. If your phone isn't working to your satisfaction, get it repaired or purchase a new phone. 3gS is still working very well as a product, my roommate has one and has no complaints about its functionality, nor do a lot of 3gs users. Anticipating on technology companies to be consistent is a wasted guessing game.
I hardly think that Apple is specifically targeting 3gS users to bend over and get screwed. There is more going on globally this year which tends to affect how companies anticipate product releases.
more...
MikeT
Jul 26, 09:09 PM
Get a $100 inkjet cd/dvd printer. I use the Epson R320 (has a few more bells and whistles). You can Google images and print just about any kind of image on your discs. They look GREAT!
Generic ink is about $15 for a complete set! Doesn't look the best for photos but works fine for labels.
Thanks for the tips. Still, Lightscribe or Labelflash or equivalent would be a nice feature, especially in a notebook computer. If you're out and about with your notebook and you want to burn a disc, it'd be convenient to be able to just burn a few words on to the disc rather than bothering with printers, inks, labels, markers, etc.
Generic ink is about $15 for a complete set! Doesn't look the best for photos but works fine for labels.
Thanks for the tips. Still, Lightscribe or Labelflash or equivalent would be a nice feature, especially in a notebook computer. If you're out and about with your notebook and you want to burn a disc, it'd be convenient to be able to just burn a few words on to the disc rather than bothering with printers, inks, labels, markers, etc.
DiamondMac
Apr 6, 02:48 PM
Because I was aiming that at people who were throwing a hissy fit and going to Verizon. So your point had nothing to do with mine!! I wasn't addressing everyone upset with the price increase. ANd yes, I do think going to some one who will end up being worse than the company you are pissed at in the regards of what you are pissed at as throwing a hissy fit! It would be one thing if you were changing and Verizon cost more but you were pissed at AT&T cause you hated their customer service. But being pissed cause they made a deal they had less of a deal and going to a place that doesn't even offer that deal in the first place? I call that throwing a hissy fit and making no sense.
Yes, it had a lot to do with them. Many who are leaving have a legitimate gripe with AT&T and if they want to take their business elsewhere b/c a purely financial decision by AT&T, so be it. Even if the finances may not add up at first. Taking your business elsewhere IS what many want to do.
As I said above, if AT&T cancelled my unlimited and I was left with 2 similar choices (between AT&T & Verizon) BUT would need to spend extra with Verizon due to swithcing...I would do it in a heartbeat even with it not making much financial sense at the time.
So yes, that was directly at what you were saying.
Oh, cost of running business? Cost of upkeep of equipment, cost of upkeep of building and building rent. Cost of wages because as prices go up everywhere cost of living goes up therefore you end up giving people a pay reduction if you don't reflect cost of living increases in wage increases? Not everything is tied down to just the prices of the phones (after all, it's not just the iphone that is increasing in price). And their cost of running a business will reflect in their prices. They aren't a charity and if their costs increase, they will reflect that in prices to the extent that they can do it without losing too much revenue (they do keep in mind what will keep them the most profit and that does include losing business).
Ah ok, so you have nothing. Just the same old line used by AT&T whenever they raise the price
Gotcha
The fact that you wrote the "Everyone wants money" line shows me how far over your head my point went.
Yes, it had a lot to do with them. Many who are leaving have a legitimate gripe with AT&T and if they want to take their business elsewhere b/c a purely financial decision by AT&T, so be it. Even if the finances may not add up at first. Taking your business elsewhere IS what many want to do.
As I said above, if AT&T cancelled my unlimited and I was left with 2 similar choices (between AT&T & Verizon) BUT would need to spend extra with Verizon due to swithcing...I would do it in a heartbeat even with it not making much financial sense at the time.
So yes, that was directly at what you were saying.
Oh, cost of running business? Cost of upkeep of equipment, cost of upkeep of building and building rent. Cost of wages because as prices go up everywhere cost of living goes up therefore you end up giving people a pay reduction if you don't reflect cost of living increases in wage increases? Not everything is tied down to just the prices of the phones (after all, it's not just the iphone that is increasing in price). And their cost of running a business will reflect in their prices. They aren't a charity and if their costs increase, they will reflect that in prices to the extent that they can do it without losing too much revenue (they do keep in mind what will keep them the most profit and that does include losing business).
Ah ok, so you have nothing. Just the same old line used by AT&T whenever they raise the price
Gotcha
The fact that you wrote the "Everyone wants money" line shows me how far over your head my point went.
Blow up tre1
Sep 5, 07:52 PM
Played around with geektool a bit.
Still need to tidy it up a bit.
Wallpaper is found on DA same with all the icons, etc
Still need to tidy it up a bit.
Wallpaper is found on DA same with all the icons, etc
Rodimus Prime
Apr 28, 07:47 PM
So Samsung believed Apple was violating it's patents all this time but decided to do nothing about it. Now that they have been pushed they decide to act. Sounds to me they are trying to find whatever they can to bite back at Apple.
it is more company like Samgsung have huge patent porfolios that they never really use unless they get sued and that is when they go looking threw it and saw Hmm "Apple is suing me what can I nail them on" Apple is currently starting to piss people off so they are going to start going threw their patents and hitting back.
it is more company like Samgsung have huge patent porfolios that they never really use unless they get sued and that is when they go looking threw it and saw Hmm "Apple is suing me what can I nail them on" Apple is currently starting to piss people off so they are going to start going threw their patents and hitting back.
wgschick
Oct 5, 10:03 PM
i agree 100%. "dynamically redraw the page"? based on WHAT?
This is my first post. It takes a lot for me to stop being a lurker, but the idea that any user can resize a textarea on a site I design, dynamically redrawing the page, is among the dumbest ideas I've ever heard. This will break valid page layouts in new and unheard of ways. Designers make form elements a size and shape for a reason.
I look forward to finding a way using JavaScript to disable that feature the day that browser is released.
This is my first post. It takes a lot for me to stop being a lurker, but the idea that any user can resize a textarea on a site I design, dynamically redrawing the page, is among the dumbest ideas I've ever heard. This will break valid page layouts in new and unheard of ways. Designers make form elements a size and shape for a reason.
I look forward to finding a way using JavaScript to disable that feature the day that browser is released.
sporadicMotion
Dec 1, 06:52 PM
Slight changes:
Black MenuBar w/ Helvetica Neue
Icon Fun
http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz19/sporadicMotion/Screenshot2010-12-01at44900PM.png
Black MenuBar w/ Helvetica Neue
Icon Fun
http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz19/sporadicMotion/Screenshot2010-12-01at44900PM.png
t56camaro
Oct 9, 11:57 PM
Has anyone used Echofon Pro and Tweetie? I'm curious if its worth to buy and try out...
I was using Echofon Pro, but after trying Tweetie 2 I've decided to switch. I can't say that Tweetie 2 is everything Echofon is and more, but it is definitely a net gain, in my opinion.
I was using Echofon Pro, but after trying Tweetie 2 I've decided to switch. I can't say that Tweetie 2 is everything Echofon is and more, but it is definitely a net gain, in my opinion.
bobfitz14
Aug 3, 12:57 PM
^^lmaoo i remember that thread
No comments:
Post a Comment