cyberddot
Mar 4, 04:39 PM
I started folding with the G5 home computer for several reasons. First, I leave my computer on most of the time and really like the idea that for pennies I can have an application working on something useful for other people. Since I work in...<gasp>...IT, I also like the idea that processor time there is serving some higher cause.
I also lost a family member to cancer, so there is some small motivation there to see if some cumulative work will help in the understanding of these diseases -- though mortality is part of living....
Another reason? To contribute to the MacRumors Team (http://vspx27.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=teampage&teamnum=3446) effort and earn props for the team.
I also lost a family member to cancer, so there is some small motivation there to see if some cumulative work will help in the understanding of these diseases -- though mortality is part of living....
Another reason? To contribute to the MacRumors Team (http://vspx27.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=teampage&teamnum=3446) effort and earn props for the team.
Phayz
Feb 23, 10:01 AM
Bear in mind that markets operate on speculation as well - Jobs in good health, positive expected growth and speculation on future innovations and sales drives share prices.
Thus when one of these factors changes so does the expected projections (although this may not occur). If the stock market is wrong it will re-adjust again.
Personally, I'm glad many countries don't do after-hours trading. Remember, traders should have a life too! :)
Thus when one of these factors changes so does the expected projections (although this may not occur). If the stock market is wrong it will re-adjust again.
Personally, I'm glad many countries don't do after-hours trading. Remember, traders should have a life too! :)
mr.steevo
Apr 13, 10:15 AM
Make sure you securely wipe the drive before you give it away. If its an SSD, you need to encrypt the volume before wiping it. Otherwise a 7 way random re-write should do the trick. (It will take a while to perform.)
Cheers
I'm guessing his mom isn't going to be running file recovery software on the mini...
Cheers
I'm guessing his mom isn't going to be running file recovery software on the mini...
GGJstudios
May 3, 04:51 PM
This is the get info in one of the files...
If you don't know what it is, don't delete it.
If you don't know what it is, don't delete it.
more...
celticpride678
Mar 16, 05:14 PM
i am finding that Safari 5.1 is almost unusable on Lion. It drops all internet connections and i have to use network preferences to reboot if you will just to get it use my wifi everytime.
the bookmark bar doesn't work and on and on. im using chrome and its fast as heck on lion. too many bugs to use lion for everyday right now...
That has nothing to do with Safari, it's the Wi-Fi changes Apple made in Lion (issue that will be fixed eventually).
What do you mean the bookmark bar doesn't work?
i have the latest developer build of chrome and the latest build of firefox as well and they both work perfectly for me on lion...
I'm using Chrome on Lion, just sucks that the new scrollbars and full screen options aren't there yet.
the bookmark bar doesn't work and on and on. im using chrome and its fast as heck on lion. too many bugs to use lion for everyday right now...
That has nothing to do with Safari, it's the Wi-Fi changes Apple made in Lion (issue that will be fixed eventually).
What do you mean the bookmark bar doesn't work?
i have the latest developer build of chrome and the latest build of firefox as well and they both work perfectly for me on lion...
I'm using Chrome on Lion, just sucks that the new scrollbars and full screen options aren't there yet.
wurgi
Mar 22, 03:08 PM
Hey guys! So, who's lining up this coming Friday here in Toronto? I am still struggling to decide what to do: don't know if lining up in the morning at BestBuy, get my ticket and go to work, then pick up my iPad 2 after work (cannot get the entire day off), or leave after lunch and try to lineup at the Apple Store at Eaton Centre, hoping it won't be way too busy (not sure about FutureShop: I only want the 16GB WIFI White, I don't wanna just settle to whatever it is available).
What do you guys suggest? What's your strategy?
What do you guys suggest? What's your strategy?
more...
cameronbrown13
Apr 24, 01:47 AM
Personally, I let the phone drop to 0% and then recharge it to 100%. You really don't HAVE to, but some recommend it.
When the iPhone reaches 100% charge, it will not accept any more - so, no, it's not bad to keep it plugged in.
Thanks, if you don't mind, I do have one last question. I have been trying to figure out if when I turn my phone off all the way, will it charge so I have turned it on and off a few times. Is this in any way bad for my battery or phone? Thanks :D
When the iPhone reaches 100% charge, it will not accept any more - so, no, it's not bad to keep it plugged in.
Thanks, if you don't mind, I do have one last question. I have been trying to figure out if when I turn my phone off all the way, will it charge so I have turned it on and off a few times. Is this in any way bad for my battery or phone? Thanks :D
hans1972
Apr 9, 09:15 PM
I would make sure that you do not allocate more than one virtual CPU and 2Gb RAM to see if that helps.
Usually with virtualization on PC/Mac, the bottleneck is usually the disk system. Make sure that the disk is performing well in OS X without running Parallels.
Usually with virtualization on PC/Mac, the bottleneck is usually the disk system. Make sure that the disk is performing well in OS X without running Parallels.
more...
Bill McEnaney
Mar 25, 10:44 AM
The decimal numbering system is the base 10 numbering system. In a decimal number, the rightmost place value is 1. Ten will be the place-value of the next place to the left. The place-value of the third place to the left will be 100, and so forth. In any numbering, the current place-value will be the base * the previous place-value. The first place is always the rightmost place, and its place-value is always 1.
An octal 213 = 3 + 8 + 128. That's a decimal 139.
An octal 213 = 3 + 8 + 128. That's a decimal 139.
labman
May 3, 08:36 PM
whole things sounds fishy to me. no paypal no way you can dispute it. I think going through your friend is the best and only route and hope for the best. have them meet at a public place (Starbucks) even a police station I will bet he doesn't like that idea. all you can do is hope for the best worst case this route you have a over priced used 16gb I4. which is better then nothing. good luck.
more...
stellardream
May 4, 07:13 PM
Older 27" iMacs feature video-in, you can connect PS3 to it using something like Kanex XD (it is $150 device tho'). 2011 iMac doesn't have such port, but my guess is that you should be able to use TP as video-in. However, that's just my guess. I'd contact Kanex with this kind of question.
AppledUp
Apr 26, 11:13 PM
I know it can be done so do not post saying it's impossible, there are adapters that allow you to and ones to play it connecting it to your MBP then to the apple display, but how could I do that? What adapters would I need and how steep of a price am I looking at?
more...
Slip Jigs
May 5, 10:32 PM
It's going to be a 27", 1 TB Drive - that's where I'm at now. The question is the same old question, so I apologize for that in advance. But this will be my first real Mac computer, I already have iPhone and iPad.
Considering the following uses (top ranges), how much will I actually need to upgrade from the base model? I know more is better, but is more actually needed?
Uses:

OCC founder Paul Teutul Jr.
more...

Previous. David Letterman

Paul Teutul Jr. at the world
more...

Paul Teutul Jr. picture

Think of Paul Teutul Jr#39;s

Paul Sr. and Paul Jr. have
Considering the following uses (top ranges), how much will I actually need to upgrade from the base model? I know more is better, but is more actually needed?
Uses:
JSage
Mar 21, 08:56 AM
Damn, I'm not going to be able to make a 5pm launch :(
Guess it'll be a case of waiting until 0001 on Friday morning to order one online.
Good luck to those of you that do go!
Guess it'll be a case of waiting until 0001 on Friday morning to order one online.
Good luck to those of you that do go!
more...
Loopie
Apr 28, 10:32 AM
I have an Emac that turns on, but doesn't start properly; the screen stays black and the fan is working. It used to beep/flash a light a couple of times to indicate what was wrong (unfortunately I don't remember how many times, but sort of remember looking up what it meant - I think it was a motherboard or CPU issue), but the beeping/flashing and chiming stopped.
Has anyone dealt with a similar issue and what was wrong with your Emac?
Has anyone dealt with a similar issue and what was wrong with your Emac?
Morod
Jan 30, 02:14 PM
I'd have to say The Allman Brothers Band. It's more like ensemble instrumental, but they can sure pull them off!
more...
Mobius 1
May 4, 08:33 AM
I purchased it 2 yrs ago is 8GB ok ? 2009 btw
And will it work even if i use more than 6GB of the 8GB? Will it lag?
Guy @ apple store said if you go over limit it will LAG not improve performance
I'm so confused now:confused:
And will it work even if i use more than 6GB of the 8GB? Will it lag?
Guy @ apple store said if you go over limit it will LAG not improve performance
I'm so confused now:confused:
KeithPratt
Apr 23, 10:33 PM
My thought was that as the the other footage is DVPro NTSC converting it to DV NTSC would be transcoding to a closely matching format. But it didn't seem to help any...
NTSC DV is 4:1:1, which is terrible on its own, and doubley terrible if the originating H.264 clips were SD, as you'd be going from 4:2:0 to 4:1:1, so effectively ending up with 4:1:0.
Is this what you're seeing? You need to be exact about when exactly it starts looking like garbage.
NTSC DV is 4:1:1, which is terrible on its own, and doubley terrible if the originating H.264 clips were SD, as you'd be going from 4:2:0 to 4:1:1, so effectively ending up with 4:1:0.
Is this what you're seeing? You need to be exact about when exactly it starts looking like garbage.
SevenInchScrew
May 25, 08:03 PM
Almost five years late, my friend. :D
Great games have no expiration date ;)
Great games have no expiration date ;)
ndraves
May 2, 08:22 AM
Thanks for this, I'm going to get the crossfire cable and see if I can get it working.
macboy62
Oct 26, 01:18 AM
Hi it's now 3:16 and there is a little rain here in Ginza. The que is still short only 18 people so far. I guess there is plenty off time yet to get a t-shirt for those of you that are having to wait until you finish work.
:)
:)
Dreadnought
Nov 18, 04:24 AM
I don't like this folding client!:mad:
wchong
Jun 10, 09:22 AM
could anyone explain why there were two bridges?
Consultant
May 4, 04:43 PM
Sorry to hear about the problem.
Might want to try Apple Store next time.
If you want a discount on a Mac, go for the refurb at store.apple.com
Refurb Apple products look like new, and has same warranty as new Apple products.
Might want to try Apple Store next time.
If you want a discount on a Mac, go for the refurb at store.apple.com
Refurb Apple products look like new, and has same warranty as new Apple products.
No comments:
Post a Comment