sparky_jones
09-15 12:52 PM
Any ideas? (My wife and son are in india now).
Anyway, I will support IV wholeheartedly going forward. Of course, I got benefitted from it. I am a long timer, 2001, EB3.
Congrats. Good to see an EB3-I approval. This is something we get to see rarely here. Hope you are able to celebrate with your family soon!
Anyway, I will support IV wholeheartedly going forward. Of course, I got benefitted from it. I am a long timer, 2001, EB3.
Congrats. Good to see an EB3-I approval. This is something we get to see rarely here. Hope you are able to celebrate with your family soon!
wallpaper justin bieber and selena
lostinbeta
10-28 10:27 PM
HAHA, yeah, because they don't see your previous versions (unless you save your previous versions and keep them as examples)
Mik3
03-07 10:29 PM
I vote that mIkedave drives to a Sony of America headquarters and gives them that because that is darn good!
2011 Justin Bieber Selena Gomez
roseball
03-29 08:31 PM
This is definitely good news for people who are in PERM stage but this also means fewer spill overs since all ROW EB-2 who were waiting for PERM will now file 485
In addition, with the economy picking up, I believe there will be a lot more people who will be porting their old EB-3 I PDs by starting a new Eb-2 case....effectively consuming more EB-2 I numbers but with no forward PD movement.
In addition, with the economy picking up, I believe there will be a lot more people who will be porting their old EB-3 I PDs by starting a new Eb-2 case....effectively consuming more EB-2 I numbers but with no forward PD movement.
more...
wandmaker
12-19 01:23 AM
Is it true it is must to use EAD to invoke AC 21? I am not sure but people said I cannot use H1 but EAD to invoke Ac 21........
if you invoke AC21 means you have to use EAD not H1B......
AC21: You are letting USCIS know that you will not be working for GC sponsoring employer as you have found a new similar/same job with some one else.
EAD/H1B: EAD is an work authorization, which allows to you work for any one. H1B is allows to you work for an sponsoring employer. If your new employer agrees you take you on board then do an H1 transfer, your title will be "similar/same position".
if you invoke AC21 means you have to use EAD not H1B......
AC21: You are letting USCIS know that you will not be working for GC sponsoring employer as you have found a new similar/same job with some one else.
EAD/H1B: EAD is an work authorization, which allows to you work for any one. H1B is allows to you work for an sponsoring employer. If your new employer agrees you take you on board then do an H1 transfer, your title will be "similar/same position".
little_willy
08-08 06:40 PM
I tried that info from but that info is not complete. I know there are more people on IV site than any where else so thought of doing this poll.
Thanks
I meant IV tracker, I hope everyone here is aware of it and entered their details. This will help a lot with analysis. I encourage everyone to check IV tracker in addition to participating in this poll.
Thanks
I meant IV tracker, I hope everyone here is aware of it and entered their details. This will help a lot with analysis. I encourage everyone to check IV tracker in addition to participating in this poll.
more...
mlkedave
03-06 07:56 PM
I was the first to show my site, then paddy, then dark and then fern so i really dont see any influence may it be progressive or negative...
2010 ieber kisses selena gomez
%25252520(2011).jpg)
msr1234
04-16 12:52 PM
one of my colleague has received mail notification to the lawyer that application was picked in selection. H1b applied in masters premium.
more...
beautifulMind
08-24 12:40 PM
Fragomen Client Alert (08/06/09) - USCIS Expands Employer Site Visit Program (http://www.worldwideerc.org/Resources/Immigration/Documents/fragomen-20090806.html)
August 6, 2009
USCIS Expands Employer Site Visit Program __________________________________________________ _______
Executive Summary
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is expanding its unannounced visits to the worksites of employers that sponsor foreign workers. USCIS uses site visits to verify the information in an immigration petition submitted by the employer and to make sure that sponsored workers are complying with the terms of their admission to the United States.
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is expanding its site visits to employers that sponsor foreign workers. The site visits, which are conducted by USCIS's Fraud Detection and National Security (FDNS) unit, are usually conducted without notice. They are used to verify the existence of the employer, the information the employer has provided in immigration petitions, and whether sponsored foreign nationals are working in compliance with the terms of their admission to the United States. If your company is contacted by an FDNS officer, you should call your designated Fragomen professional immediately to discuss options, including the possibility of having counsel present during a site visit.
Though the FDNS unit has conducted employer site visits for several years, it has recently begun to add more staff and broaden its investigative efforts. In the past, site visits usually pertained to already-approved immigration petitions. However, under the expanded program, the agency is more frequently using site visits to verify information in petitions that are pending with USCIS. USCIS could use information obtained during a site visit to decide whether or not to approve a petition. In submitting petitions for immigration benefits, employers subject themselves to reasonable inquiries from the government. Therefore, it is crucial that employers make efforts to cooperate with FDNS officers. A failure to cooperate could jeopardize an employer's pending petitions and its ability to participate in U.S.
immigration programs.
Typically, an FDNS officer will make an unannounced appearance at the petitioning employer's worksite, though occasionally an officer may call the company in advance to notify it of an impending visit. During the site visit, the officer may ask to speak to an employer representative, such as a human resources manager, and may also ask to meet with a sponsored foreign worker. Usually, the officer will have a copy of a specific immigration petition and will seek interviews to verify the information in the petition.
During site visits, FDNS officers typically work from a standard list of questions. Officers commonly ask about the employer's business; the worksite; the number of employees; whether the employer filed the immigration petition in question; whether the foreign national is actually employed by the employer; the foreign national's position, job duties and salary; and the foreign national's qualifications for the position, educational background, previous employment and immigration history, residence and dependents in the United States. The officer may also ask about the employer's overall use of specific immigration programs. In addition to conducting interviews, the FDNS officer may ask to tour the employer's premises or examine the foreign national's work area, and may also request payroll records and other documentation pertaining to the foreign national's employment.
Fragomen is closely monitoring the FDNS site visit program and will issue additional information as we discern investigation trends. If you have any questions about this alert, please contact the Fragomen professional with whom you usually work.
Copyright 2009 by Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
Fragomen Immigration Alerts
August 6, 2009
USCIS Expands Employer Site Visit Program __________________________________________________ _______
Executive Summary
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is expanding its unannounced visits to the worksites of employers that sponsor foreign workers. USCIS uses site visits to verify the information in an immigration petition submitted by the employer and to make sure that sponsored workers are complying with the terms of their admission to the United States.
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is expanding its site visits to employers that sponsor foreign workers. The site visits, which are conducted by USCIS's Fraud Detection and National Security (FDNS) unit, are usually conducted without notice. They are used to verify the existence of the employer, the information the employer has provided in immigration petitions, and whether sponsored foreign nationals are working in compliance with the terms of their admission to the United States. If your company is contacted by an FDNS officer, you should call your designated Fragomen professional immediately to discuss options, including the possibility of having counsel present during a site visit.
Though the FDNS unit has conducted employer site visits for several years, it has recently begun to add more staff and broaden its investigative efforts. In the past, site visits usually pertained to already-approved immigration petitions. However, under the expanded program, the agency is more frequently using site visits to verify information in petitions that are pending with USCIS. USCIS could use information obtained during a site visit to decide whether or not to approve a petition. In submitting petitions for immigration benefits, employers subject themselves to reasonable inquiries from the government. Therefore, it is crucial that employers make efforts to cooperate with FDNS officers. A failure to cooperate could jeopardize an employer's pending petitions and its ability to participate in U.S.
immigration programs.
Typically, an FDNS officer will make an unannounced appearance at the petitioning employer's worksite, though occasionally an officer may call the company in advance to notify it of an impending visit. During the site visit, the officer may ask to speak to an employer representative, such as a human resources manager, and may also ask to meet with a sponsored foreign worker. Usually, the officer will have a copy of a specific immigration petition and will seek interviews to verify the information in the petition.
During site visits, FDNS officers typically work from a standard list of questions. Officers commonly ask about the employer's business; the worksite; the number of employees; whether the employer filed the immigration petition in question; whether the foreign national is actually employed by the employer; the foreign national's position, job duties and salary; and the foreign national's qualifications for the position, educational background, previous employment and immigration history, residence and dependents in the United States. The officer may also ask about the employer's overall use of specific immigration programs. In addition to conducting interviews, the FDNS officer may ask to tour the employer's premises or examine the foreign national's work area, and may also request payroll records and other documentation pertaining to the foreign national's employment.
Fragomen is closely monitoring the FDNS site visit program and will issue additional information as we discern investigation trends. If you have any questions about this alert, please contact the Fragomen professional with whom you usually work.
Copyright 2009 by Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
Fragomen Immigration Alerts
hair Justin+ieber+
vamsi_poondla
01-19 01:17 PM
Thank you for correcting. I was under the impression that most of the folks were pre-July 2007 filers (retro effective fees until Aug 17th ruling given by CIS). So I thought all impacted by June and July bulletins will be paying a lot without the admin fixes. And the whole hassle of renewals every year. Just cant imagine that we are in a developed country with such silly rules and all. This country needs immigrants now more than ever...People like us who can act, change and move things in a pragmatic way...
Like you said...$2 is many times cheaper even if it is combo filing according to new fees. Let us not procrastinate further...this weekend, let us complete the letter and mail it.
All, please act...time is the essence.
The contrast correct, however the math behind is slightly wrong:
Special Instructions :
If you filed a Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, on July 30, 2007, or after, then no fee is required to file a request for employment authorization on Form I-765. You may file the I-765 concurrently with your I-485, or you may submit the I-765 at a later date. If you file Form I-765 separately, you must also submit a copy of your Form I-797C, Notice of Action, receipt as evidence of the filing of an I-485.
You may be eligible to file this form electronically. Please see the related link "Introduction to Electronic Filing" for more information.
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=73ddd59cb7a5d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCR D
So regardless of number of years a family of 3 upon next renewal will pay $2099 (which is still a huge number compares to $2 :) ) once and for all. That's why USCIS thinks it a good business alternative to give out 3 year EAD/AP so that they can cut cost. At the end of the day this change if implemented will be mutually beneficial.
Like you said...$2 is many times cheaper even if it is combo filing according to new fees. Let us not procrastinate further...this weekend, let us complete the letter and mail it.
All, please act...time is the essence.
The contrast correct, however the math behind is slightly wrong:
Special Instructions :
If you filed a Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, on July 30, 2007, or after, then no fee is required to file a request for employment authorization on Form I-765. You may file the I-765 concurrently with your I-485, or you may submit the I-765 at a later date. If you file Form I-765 separately, you must also submit a copy of your Form I-797C, Notice of Action, receipt as evidence of the filing of an I-485.
You may be eligible to file this form electronically. Please see the related link "Introduction to Electronic Filing" for more information.
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=73ddd59cb7a5d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCR D
So regardless of number of years a family of 3 upon next renewal will pay $2099 (which is still a huge number compares to $2 :) ) once and for all. That's why USCIS thinks it a good business alternative to give out 3 year EAD/AP so that they can cut cost. At the end of the day this change if implemented will be mutually beneficial.
more...
gc_bulgaria
11-25 02:07 PM
You do not need any permission from your employer. As long as you put in 40 hours per week, i dont think anyone cares for what you do with the rest of your time (as long as you dont hold another job).
And as far as going to school full time is concerned, i use the same logic. I was full time in Fall 2006 while being on H1b (and my GC was being processed). i am currently enrolled part time but will be enrolling full time next spring. I am currently working with the same employer. Dont think it will be an issue and dont plan on taking any permissions.
I am doing the same - full time H1B, part time school. Can use EAD for assistantship and full time school next year (if GC does not come through). If GC is approved(hopefully) since NC is already cleared and PD is current, I will continue about 6 months more full time with employer and do part time school.
And as far as going to school full time is concerned, i use the same logic. I was full time in Fall 2006 while being on H1b (and my GC was being processed). i am currently enrolled part time but will be enrolling full time next spring. I am currently working with the same employer. Dont think it will be an issue and dont plan on taking any permissions.
I am doing the same - full time H1B, part time school. Can use EAD for assistantship and full time school next year (if GC does not come through). If GC is approved(hopefully) since NC is already cleared and PD is current, I will continue about 6 months more full time with employer and do part time school.
hot 2011 Justin Bieber Selena
Student with no hopes
11-12 10:14 AM
Dear Readers,
This topic may be totally off immigration and I am sorry for that.
Kindly request you to take a minute and read about this noble person - Narayanan Krishnan - a selfless real life hero!
Once a rising star, chef now feeds hungry - CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/04/01/cnnheroes.krishnan.hunger/)
Please vote for him and make win the CNN Hero prize money which can be used towards his trust.
You can vote at - CNN Heroes - Special Reports from CNN.com (http://heroes.cnn.com/vote.aspx)
Please share the word around with your friends and family!
Thanks a lot... Appreciate your kind gesture!
Just Voted, thanks for posting.
Hats of to you Narayanan Krishnan
This topic may be totally off immigration and I am sorry for that.
Kindly request you to take a minute and read about this noble person - Narayanan Krishnan - a selfless real life hero!
Once a rising star, chef now feeds hungry - CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/04/01/cnnheroes.krishnan.hunger/)
Please vote for him and make win the CNN Hero prize money which can be used towards his trust.
You can vote at - CNN Heroes - Special Reports from CNN.com (http://heroes.cnn.com/vote.aspx)
Please share the word around with your friends and family!
Thanks a lot... Appreciate your kind gesture!
Just Voted, thanks for posting.
Hats of to you Narayanan Krishnan
more...
house Justin Bieber lip licking
paskal
11-09 01:16 PM
I assume that all information provided will be kept private
all contact info is for internal iv use ONLY!
all contact info is for internal iv use ONLY!
tattoo Justin+ieber+and+selena+
BharatPremi
07-18 04:31 PM
THE TRUE answer seems to be "Nobody (even USCIS) knows".
more...
pictures Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez
hsingh82
02-24 02:41 PM
Yes this is discussion forum but we have Job to get it done through our members. if members doesn't help us financially then we are loosing our edge. Nothing is free here (America), all actions are cost associated with it just calling senator or writing letter is just part of action.we need to convince our fellow member to contribute financially like donating money for good cause.Thanks
I agree with you that IV needs money for the good cause and it has to come from donations. All I am saying is if someone like me who is on H1B and can't fill the profile wants to reply to someone's query then IV should not be charging me for that because I have no dates in my profile. Money has to be generated but not at the cost of popularity of IV and defeating the purpose of IV as a common platform for all legal immigrants.
I agree with you that IV needs money for the good cause and it has to come from donations. All I am saying is if someone like me who is on H1B and can't fill the profile wants to reply to someone's query then IV should not be charging me for that because I have no dates in my profile. Money has to be generated but not at the cost of popularity of IV and defeating the purpose of IV as a common platform for all legal immigrants.
dresses Justin Bieber Selena Gomez
himu73
09-17 12:27 PM
When AP is approved, you get 3 copies. I went twice on intl trips and each time they took a copy. I am left with 1 copy of the AP.
Now I need to go on one last intl trip (I have applied for renewal). I just have one copy of AP with me.
How does it work? Will the officer just stamp the AP and make a copy?
You mean 3 copies are 3 originals right to be more clear. You can use only 1 original when you come back and get it stamped each time with a new date.
I have used the same orginal AP for at least 4 times now.
You can carry copies of the original just in case.
Now I need to go on one last intl trip (I have applied for renewal). I just have one copy of AP with me.
How does it work? Will the officer just stamp the AP and make a copy?
You mean 3 copies are 3 originals right to be more clear. You can use only 1 original when you come back and get it stamped each time with a new date.
I have used the same orginal AP for at least 4 times now.
You can carry copies of the original just in case.
more...
makeup selena gomez and justin bieber
glus
01-03 11:03 AM
Going to school itself will not have any effect on your H-1B status. If you stop working for the H1b employer, then your H-1B status is gone. If you have EAD, you can continue working for anyone else. This has no effect on GC processing, as long as you can show that there is the same or similar position for you when they adjudicate your i485. I assume your 485 has been pending for more than 180days and that your I140 is approved. Your new employer, if you leave h-1b, will need to produce a letter that he has a position that is similar in title and duties to the orginal sponsor's position. Only with such a proof your GC can be approved later on. Keep in mind you must keep EAD always if you leave your H-1B employer.
girlfriend 2011 selena gomez and justin
tonyHK12
01-31 09:29 AM
Definitely lets all agree to meet with our local house reps.
You can find your local congressman/woman from http://house.gov by entering your zip code.
They are generally very close to your geographic area.
Please ask if you have any questions, doubts.
You can find your local congressman/woman from http://house.gov by entering your zip code.
They are generally very close to your geographic area.
Please ask if you have any questions, doubts.
hairstyles kissing oscars, Justin
when
10-02 02:22 PM
:-|
FraudGultee
04-17 09:09 AM
i heard one can have both valid L1 and B2 visas not sure if it works with H1b
thescadaman
09-14 07:22 PM
I had ordered my IV Texas T-Shirt on Sunday and have received it today! I am all set for the Rally and will be departing Houston, Texas on the 17th.
See you all in DC..
See you all in DC..
No comments:
Post a Comment