NO_Free_Rider
09-10 09:13 PM
Hi,
I know there have been numerous posts regarding this matter, but there have been a lot of different responses to the same question. I would really appreciate it if you could please have a look at the questions below and clarify these matters, not only for me, but also for a lot of other IV members who are in the same boat as me.
I am working for an IT consulting company on an H1B visa. My employer (Company X) has applied for my green card under the EB3/India category. I have my labor and I-140 approved. My priority date is March 2006. .... ....
That was real quick to get Labor & I-140 approved in 6 months. I thought PERM is taking more time these days. Also at this pace who needs premium I-140 processing?
I know there have been numerous posts regarding this matter, but there have been a lot of different responses to the same question. I would really appreciate it if you could please have a look at the questions below and clarify these matters, not only for me, but also for a lot of other IV members who are in the same boat as me.
I am working for an IT consulting company on an H1B visa. My employer (Company X) has applied for my green card under the EB3/India category. I have my labor and I-140 approved. My priority date is March 2006. .... ....
That was real quick to get Labor & I-140 approved in 6 months. I thought PERM is taking more time these days. Also at this pace who needs premium I-140 processing?
wallpaper Homemade birthday ideas for
sukhyani
01-27 11:43 PM
Are you from Rest of the world or India/china?
Rest of the World.
Rest of the World.
chanduv23
09-15 12:04 PM
I would say:
Merge all these threads into one - at least 3 or 4 people can take charge over the thread - the first few posts can be updates and tracking info and finalization of drafts and plans
Please encourage ONLY members who are committed, they can be ones who have posted real profile and who have joined state chapters - usually state chapter members are verified members.
It would be great if someone from IV core can also guide on such efforts
Merge all these threads into one - at least 3 or 4 people can take charge over the thread - the first few posts can be updates and tracking info and finalization of drafts and plans
Please encourage ONLY members who are committed, they can be ones who have posted real profile and who have joined state chapters - usually state chapter members are verified members.
It would be great if someone from IV core can also guide on such efforts
2011 printable irthday cards
izolo
06-07 06:10 AM
more questions:
1- if I apply for extension before the I-96 expiry date and it will get deny after the 180 days of my I-94 expiry and before the 240 days, can I stay to file a new petition which will be on the next April? will I be out of status?
2- during this time ( after applying and before getting the result) can I apply for H1-B transfer?
3- Do I have to go back to my home country if it is approved to get the new I-94?
6- Does anybody know where should I ask for duplication as I dont have the originals?
7- can I apply for GC instead of extension with the same employer? will this help?
I just need one year to be there legally, then my husband who is a dentist can pass the exams and apply for F1,Please help me, any suggestion?
1- if I apply for extension before the I-96 expiry date and it will get deny after the 180 days of my I-94 expiry and before the 240 days, can I stay to file a new petition which will be on the next April? will I be out of status?
2- during this time ( after applying and before getting the result) can I apply for H1-B transfer?
3- Do I have to go back to my home country if it is approved to get the new I-94?
6- Does anybody know where should I ask for duplication as I dont have the originals?
7- can I apply for GC instead of extension with the same employer? will this help?
I just need one year to be there legally, then my husband who is a dentist can pass the exams and apply for F1,Please help me, any suggestion?
more...
lazycis
12-03 11:36 AM
Lazycis,
Did you inform USCIS after you invoked AC21? Thanks!
No. Both times it was a large company (one has an agreement with a big law firm to handle immigration-related issues). I asked my current employer's attorney about it and she told me not to worry, they never had issues with AC21 portability (employer has 120,000+ employees). She was right regarding my case.
Did you inform USCIS after you invoked AC21? Thanks!
No. Both times it was a large company (one has an agreement with a big law firm to handle immigration-related issues). I asked my current employer's attorney about it and she told me not to worry, they never had issues with AC21 portability (employer has 120,000+ employees). She was right regarding my case.
Rockford
08-28 10:06 AM
thanks munnabhai. I have read somewhere that if I/140 is approved and visa is unavailable then H1 can be extended for 3 yrs. Correct me if its not true.
Eligible for 3 years if I140 is approved and you can't file I485 because of retrogression. But you said , you had already filed I485. I doubt you are eligible for 3 year extension.
Eligible for 3 years if I140 is approved and you can't file I485 because of retrogression. But you said , you had already filed I485. I doubt you are eligible for 3 year extension.
more...
ak_2006
04-14 01:16 PM
Enjoy this Good moments!!! and thanks for sharing.
2010 The kids made him homemade
IAspire
02-21 11:34 PM
Is there a specific stage in the process till which point i have to be in US. If I go back, I will go back to India on a job with the same employer and can come back later with the same employer. Thanks.
more...
permfiling
09-08 11:42 PM
Permfiling,
Your response to this post is harsh/mean.
Can you give a single reason why not these guys shouldn't port or stick with their EB-2 priority date?
We should wish EB-3 dates also move and the guys get their GC before porting EB-3 to EB-2, otherwise EB-2 will retrogress (that�s the truth) and those are eligible to port will do it.
Frostrated,
It seems you missed the step of porting while filing I-140 (EB-2). Now, ask your attorney about the options.
My response is not supposed to be mean. I too wish that eb3 progresses. Well if by all means go ahead and do the process if the law permits but won't those cases get more complex?
The lawyers are hungry to get more $$$ as the case is complex and the processing as well.
member of North California Chapter
Donated $500 to IV
EB2 PD 2005
Your response to this post is harsh/mean.
Can you give a single reason why not these guys shouldn't port or stick with their EB-2 priority date?
We should wish EB-3 dates also move and the guys get their GC before porting EB-3 to EB-2, otherwise EB-2 will retrogress (that�s the truth) and those are eligible to port will do it.
Frostrated,
It seems you missed the step of porting while filing I-140 (EB-2). Now, ask your attorney about the options.
My response is not supposed to be mean. I too wish that eb3 progresses. Well if by all means go ahead and do the process if the law permits but won't those cases get more complex?
The lawyers are hungry to get more $$$ as the case is complex and the processing as well.
member of North California Chapter
Donated $500 to IV
EB2 PD 2005
hair Handmade Greeting Cards
mpsamant
07-19 10:58 PM
As per the last revised visa bulletin, the extension period for filling I-485 is Aug 17. But it talks about only I485 and not about I-140.
So can anyone confirm, if one can file I-140 and I-485 concurrently from Aug 1 to Aug 17.
So can anyone confirm, if one can file I-140 and I-485 concurrently from Aug 1 to Aug 17.
more...
missourian
11-05 08:08 PM
Texas IV group Goooooo!!!
hot The kids made him homemade
imh1b
07-30 12:15 PM
Every lawyer is a businessman. And every businessman has a success story to tell to advertise himself. And you are unknowingly doing viral marketing. Look up on Google what viral marketing it. Has any of these lawyers done viral marketing of IV or greencard backlog action items on their forums and newsletters? So why are you advertising them? You go around town asking lawyers if they did any case successfully Showing a Valid Employer-Employee Relationship. And you will mostly get Yes answer so that they get more business. So why promoting only one lawyer.
more...
house Birthday Card: Robots
gmail
12-21 12:47 PM
I want to be more specific. I have a full time job. I'd like to setup a business LLC to get some contract works. For tax benefit, I can deduct some business cost with it.
tattoo My Hero - Handmade Birthday
shivarajan
08-14 08:14 PM
USCIS is considering to "permit pre-filing of I-485 applications upon approval of I-140 petitions for preadjudication of the I-485 applications pending immigrant visa number availability."
News From The Oh Law Firm Site: Link (http://www.immigration-law.com/Canada.html)
Possible good news for folks who missed 07' July Fiasco and still waiting to file I-485
News From The Oh Law Firm Site: Link (http://www.immigration-law.com/Canada.html)
Possible good news for folks who missed 07' July Fiasco and still waiting to file I-485
more...
pictures Childrens greeting and
shimul99
09-20 04:04 PM
I'm from Bangladesh and EB3. As you know the I485 was current in July and i applied along with my EAD and AP. but this month in visa bulletin i found that the date went back to 2002. What is the way it suppose to be?
My question is: are they going to consider my application current or i stuck in the backlog. my understanding is that the visa bulletin reflects the availibility to send the application....they received my application on July 2nd, 2007.
someone please clarify the matter please.......thanks ahead
My question is: are they going to consider my application current or i stuck in the backlog. my understanding is that the visa bulletin reflects the availibility to send the application....they received my application on July 2nd, 2007.
someone please clarify the matter please.......thanks ahead
dresses Here#39;s my irthday booty from
Paisano
04-16 01:28 PM
It is WITCH HUNTING brother.
Below is the link about a case where an approved I-140 is going to be revoked because of this.
140 Revoked on April 2nd.Out of country currently.Re-Entry on AP? (http://www.immigration-information.com/forums/i-140-petitions/10686-140-revoked-on-april-2nd-out-of-country-currently-re-entry-on-ap.html)
Below is the link about a case where an approved I-140 is going to be revoked because of this.
140 Revoked on April 2nd.Out of country currently.Re-Entry on AP? (http://www.immigration-information.com/forums/i-140-petitions/10686-140-revoked-on-april-2nd-out-of-country-currently-re-entry-on-ap.html)
more...
makeup Etsy :: Vintage Birthday Card
vnanjunda
07-16 12:27 PM
No Problems at Dullas Airport, I weant to india twice with AP they never asked about my employer.
girlfriend kids birthday cards please
sdrblr
09-11 01:53 PM
I dont know what is your educational and experience background but please understand that it is very hard to get EB2 labor certified. It is not as easy as telling "I will start EB2 LC application"
hairstyles handmade birthday cards
coopheal
12-02 03:34 PM
Bump
overseas
08-23 07:14 PM
Hi Andhrawala,
I'm not at all surprised if USCIS call center people give conflicting information. When I called they asked me to file in Texas but gave me wrong P.O. Box number and wrong zip code.
In the EAD/AP filing instructions form in the USCIS website, it is clearly mentioned that we have to file EAD/AP as per the state we live in and not as per where our I-485 is present.
As my lawyer also told the same thing, I went ahead and sent my application to Texas service center. (I wasted 2 weeks in this dilemma though!) I'm kind of hoping that if I get a query or something later, I can say that I followed instructions at USCIS website.
I would say get in touch with your companies lawyer one time. Also call USCIS service center one more time and see what they will say this time. :-)
I'm not at all surprised if USCIS call center people give conflicting information. When I called they asked me to file in Texas but gave me wrong P.O. Box number and wrong zip code.
In the EAD/AP filing instructions form in the USCIS website, it is clearly mentioned that we have to file EAD/AP as per the state we live in and not as per where our I-485 is present.
As my lawyer also told the same thing, I went ahead and sent my application to Texas service center. (I wasted 2 weeks in this dilemma though!) I'm kind of hoping that if I get a query or something later, I can say that I followed instructions at USCIS website.
I would say get in touch with your companies lawyer one time. Also call USCIS service center one more time and see what they will say this time. :-)
amsgc
03-11 09:33 PM
I have an NRE account and I get a 1099-INT every year from my bank for that account. It clearly states that the interest has been reported to the IRS and therefore must be shown on the 1040.
We were talking about taxes at work and someone mentioned that all bank accounts in home country should be reported to IRS. I opened a bank account(NRE) in India before I came to US and get minimal interest income from it. Should I be declaring the income to IRS? The income is so low that I don't have to declare it in India so I didn't bother. I do not have a green card (am on H1B). Can you confirm if I am supposed to provide this info in tax returns. I did do some research on this and from news articles it seems like what my colleague mentioned is true. How do I go about providing all the info now? Is this going to impact my GC process?
We were talking about taxes at work and someone mentioned that all bank accounts in home country should be reported to IRS. I opened a bank account(NRE) in India before I came to US and get minimal interest income from it. Should I be declaring the income to IRS? The income is so low that I don't have to declare it in India so I didn't bother. I do not have a green card (am on H1B). Can you confirm if I am supposed to provide this info in tax returns. I did do some research on this and from news articles it seems like what my colleague mentioned is true. How do I go about providing all the info now? Is this going to impact my GC process?
No comments:
Post a Comment