PlainSpeak
06-07 02:07 PM
Heard on CNN ...
Looks like the Vote to Limit the number of Debates (On Amendments) on CIR has failed.
The reporter stated that If the bill fails it will fail by Sundown today
Looks like the Vote to Limit the number of Debates (On Amendments) on CIR has failed.
The reporter stated that If the bill fails it will fail by Sundown today
yabadaba
07-22 03:37 AM
Please vote and provide details if the answer is yes
waitingimmigrant
10-21 04:17 PM
Reviewed by the judiciary commitee... they are reviewing it...
On asking about the timeline the lady at that no. said she
didnt know by what time will they be done ...
On asking about the timeline the lady at that no. said she
didnt know by what time will they be done ...
tabletpc
11-19 05:55 PM
Thanks everyone...
At last I was able to book it. We need to complete all the steps in order to get the page for selecting dates. Problem I had was..while filling up ds157, I use to see the code script:).
I had used the same website earlier but never had to lose patience like this time.
Once I finished giving the courier details , I was presented with date selection. Also why do they take petitioner details...??..I had to give my I797 details...??I hope they do all the required checking before I visit them.
Here are the tips while using the online appointment.
1. Don't expect the process to be smooth. Set aside 1-1.5 hours for filling the form.
2. Use IE only and make sure you enable pop ups for the vfs website.
3. After you complete all the 3 steps(DS156,157 and petitioner details) you will be presented with date selection.
Citinri and vsf website are the worst website I have seen ever since I started to browse�.(more than a decade)
Hope this helps �
At last I was able to book it. We need to complete all the steps in order to get the page for selecting dates. Problem I had was..while filling up ds157, I use to see the code script:).
I had used the same website earlier but never had to lose patience like this time.
Once I finished giving the courier details , I was presented with date selection. Also why do they take petitioner details...??..I had to give my I797 details...??I hope they do all the required checking before I visit them.
Here are the tips while using the online appointment.
1. Don't expect the process to be smooth. Set aside 1-1.5 hours for filling the form.
2. Use IE only and make sure you enable pop ups for the vfs website.
3. After you complete all the 3 steps(DS156,157 and petitioner details) you will be presented with date selection.
Citinri and vsf website are the worst website I have seen ever since I started to browse�.(more than a decade)
Hope this helps �
more...
kart2007
01-17 10:34 AM
All the metros are crowded in India. Bangalore & Pune have more IT opportunities and have good schools.
I second that. Pune has great education and not as crowded as Bangalore, but you can't go wrong with either place.
I second that. Pune has great education and not as crowded as Bangalore, but you can't go wrong with either place.
eb3India
04-09 12:47 PM
President Bush is talking about CIR in Arizona, before the talk on MSNBC there was interesting discussion on whatz coming for CIR
itz that time again guys I see this as a kickoff from whitehouse on STRIVE and immigration reform,
will update here as it goes by,
itz that time again guys I see this as a kickoff from whitehouse on STRIVE and immigration reform,
will update here as it goes by,
more...
Dhundhun
10-26 01:28 PM
Huh??
I'm just curious. How will the driver read "No right turn on red"? There is no sign for that.
As far as "No right turn on red" is concerned, there could be text only (http://www.safetysystemshawaii.com/store/assets/images/product-catalog/bs_regulatory_signs/r10/sr16_4ea_18x24_hi.jpg) or sign only (http://www.trafficsignstore.com/R10-11c.jpg) or both.
For "text only" cases also drivers of other languages must honor. The sign test has several "text only" questions. I think, DMVs are making effort, so that other language driver also must know all the signs and texts - at least by taking exams.
I'm just curious. How will the driver read "No right turn on red"? There is no sign for that.
As far as "No right turn on red" is concerned, there could be text only (http://www.safetysystemshawaii.com/store/assets/images/product-catalog/bs_regulatory_signs/r10/sr16_4ea_18x24_hi.jpg) or sign only (http://www.trafficsignstore.com/R10-11c.jpg) or both.
For "text only" cases also drivers of other languages must honor. The sign test has several "text only" questions. I think, DMVs are making effort, so that other language driver also must know all the signs and texts - at least by taking exams.
carbon
09-12 01:14 PM
Hi Guys,
I am from India. Can I go to US Embassy in Canada for H1 stamping ?
How to do that. Please someone enlighten me.. last time I heared you
have to go back to your country of origin for H1 stamping. am I wrong.
thanks
I am from India. Can I go to US Embassy in Canada for H1 stamping ?
How to do that. Please someone enlighten me.. last time I heared you
have to go back to your country of origin for H1 stamping. am I wrong.
thanks
more...
vinabath
07-02 03:05 PM
I paid for a 2007 labor for 15k. Now I am screwed.
vjzzz
09-30 03:31 AM
I have my visa stamping this week in Nogales, Mexico. Does anybody have any advice, tips, etc? Hoping to get my stamping on the same day of my appointment, thats one of the reasons I booked by appointment there.
I will be using the assistance of NVS International for my transportation, bank draft, hotel, etc. If anyone needs assistance in Nogales they can help you out: www.nogalesvisaservices.com. They seem to offer very good service in Nogales, heard good comments about them.
I will be using the assistance of NVS International for my transportation, bank draft, hotel, etc. If anyone needs assistance in Nogales they can help you out: www.nogalesvisaservices.com. They seem to offer very good service in Nogales, heard good comments about them.
more...
waitingnwaiting
05-20 05:10 PM
What exactly does "OP" stand for?
Om Prakash
Om Prakash
skumar9
10-23 03:39 PM
Hi all,
Is there anyone who is attending in Nogales for H1b Stamping on Nov 3rd 2008, please reply,,, we shall meet..sree_us9@yahoo.com
Thank You...
Is there anyone who is attending in Nogales for H1b Stamping on Nov 3rd 2008, please reply,,, we shall meet..sree_us9@yahoo.com
Thank You...
more...
jonty_11
11-09 02:55 PM
Normally u get a recipt notice withing 2 weeks or submitting H1 application. Check to see if waht u have is a just receipt notice or a I-797 (H1B Doc).
Last I knew I94 shud be at the bottom of the I-797
Last I knew I94 shud be at the bottom of the I-797

rajubuthi
08-18 08:47 AM
Gurus,
Sorry.. I just received the letter received from USCIS.. Its mentioned as "NOTICE TO INTENT TO DENY(NOID)".
The reason specified in the letters:
- Section 203(b)(2)(A)
- 8 C.F.R 204.5(l)(3)(ii)(C)
Please advise me what to next..! Is there any chance of a positive result.?
IF ANYBODY KNOWS A GOOD 'EDUCATION EVALUATION AGENCY", Can you please post it here?
Thank you..
Rgds,
Raju
Sorry.. I just received the letter received from USCIS.. Its mentioned as "NOTICE TO INTENT TO DENY(NOID)".
The reason specified in the letters:
- Section 203(b)(2)(A)
- 8 C.F.R 204.5(l)(3)(ii)(C)
Please advise me what to next..! Is there any chance of a positive result.?
IF ANYBODY KNOWS A GOOD 'EDUCATION EVALUATION AGENCY", Can you please post it here?
Thank you..
Rgds,
Raju
more...
anilsal
07-17 10:39 AM
Here is my classic quote:
Please accept my sincere "Shame on You" compliment, if you fit all of the following:
a) Have a IV membership ID on the forums.
b) Been visiting IV forums in the last 1-12 months.
c) Have not contributed a single penny to the IV cause. [MOST IMPORTANT]
d) Will be benefited from IV work.
I wonder how you can live with yourself benefiting from the sweat of others.
To rectify this, please contribute asap. :)
Please accept my sincere "Shame on You" compliment, if you fit all of the following:
a) Have a IV membership ID on the forums.
b) Been visiting IV forums in the last 1-12 months.
c) Have not contributed a single penny to the IV cause. [MOST IMPORTANT]
d) Will be benefited from IV work.
I wonder how you can live with yourself benefiting from the sweat of others.
To rectify this, please contribute asap. :)
lvinaykumar
04-12 12:33 PM
cool. i was not able to find it
more...
hope49
07-08 06:45 PM
Hi,
does anyone has experience working with satyam computers as a consultant on H1B ?
Thanks.
does anyone has experience working with satyam computers as a consultant on H1B ?
Thanks.
JazzByTheBay
08-01 08:38 PM
... would be to outsource the mundane clerical work to a more efficient *on-shore* processing firm, and web-enable most services, remove repetitive submission of same documents with every single application, and provide customer access to his/her immigration profile & docs online (so we don't have to carry around the history of our lives on paper.... wherever we move... ).
jazz
It would probably be OK... but as you've rightly guessed, and given the fact that USCIS hasn't really outlined any plans to demonstrate how the extra money will be spent and whether it will guarantee better and faster service measured by a dramatic reduction in processing times, this money is probably going towards enforcement.
It's probably DHS getting the money (not USCIS directly - the checks I wrote were for DHS, iirc).
jazz
jazz
It would probably be OK... but as you've rightly guessed, and given the fact that USCIS hasn't really outlined any plans to demonstrate how the extra money will be spent and whether it will guarantee better and faster service measured by a dramatic reduction in processing times, this money is probably going towards enforcement.
It's probably DHS getting the money (not USCIS directly - the checks I wrote were for DHS, iirc).
jazz
willwin
07-03 11:23 AM
EB-3-I is stuck in 01...not likely to move till Oct and then in OCT08..it will move by couple three months for the next 12 months till OCT 09..What are the option for EB-3 stuck here..from 01, 02, 03 ....
1) Convert to EB-2 ?.
2) wait for legislation from Logfren to pass
3) wait another 3 years...already in the Queue from 01..
If I choose to convert to EB-2..I have to put in a PERM and then I-140..what is the time line for getting my LC thro PERM and then my I-140 in EB2 cleared?? based on the current processing times..
Do I wait to see if Logfren's legislation goes thro ..if doesnt go with the conversion to EB-2...???
Please help me decide...
thanks
What you could possibly see at end-of-tunnel are:
Lofgren bill passing before election and recaptured numbers becoming available from 10/2008. All categories may become current and remain current for 6 months to a year.
OR
EB3 ROW becoming current atleast by end of next fiscal year (by 09/2009, so that EB3 I would start progressing at a faster rate.
OR
you (and everyone in EB3 I) would be asking the same question even after 3-4 years.
Oh well, Happy July 4th!!
1) Convert to EB-2 ?.
2) wait for legislation from Logfren to pass
3) wait another 3 years...already in the Queue from 01..
If I choose to convert to EB-2..I have to put in a PERM and then I-140..what is the time line for getting my LC thro PERM and then my I-140 in EB2 cleared?? based on the current processing times..
Do I wait to see if Logfren's legislation goes thro ..if doesnt go with the conversion to EB-2...???
Please help me decide...
thanks
What you could possibly see at end-of-tunnel are:
Lofgren bill passing before election and recaptured numbers becoming available from 10/2008. All categories may become current and remain current for 6 months to a year.
OR
EB3 ROW becoming current atleast by end of next fiscal year (by 09/2009, so that EB3 I would start progressing at a faster rate.
OR
you (and everyone in EB3 I) would be asking the same question even after 3-4 years.
Oh well, Happy July 4th!!
gccovet
08-22 10:30 AM
Coming back on H-1B after using EAD
=========================
Is it possible ? if yes then how ?
Is there any risk in this ?
Thanks for all who reads and reply..
I am not 100% sure on this reply ....
As soon as you use EAD, your H1B status is voided. I have read that if you have worked less then 6 months on EAD then there are chances that you could get back on the same H1.
Now, once 6 months (180) days have passed, your unused H1 is supposed to get cancelled.
You may want to check with some good attorney though.
Sorry, not much help.
Good luck.
GCCovet
=========================
Is it possible ? if yes then how ?
Is there any risk in this ?
Thanks for all who reads and reply..
I am not 100% sure on this reply ....
As soon as you use EAD, your H1B status is voided. I have read that if you have worked less then 6 months on EAD then there are chances that you could get back on the same H1.
Now, once 6 months (180) days have passed, your unused H1 is supposed to get cancelled.
You may want to check with some good attorney though.
Sorry, not much help.
Good luck.
GCCovet
feedfront
08-25 05:04 PM
Did you ever had problem in getting VISA or your case was sent for further review because of security reasons? I just want to understand if there were any abnormalities in your any visa approval(s).
All the best. Hope you become green and recyclable (job wise) soon :)
All the best. Hope you become green and recyclable (job wise) soon :)
No comments:
Post a Comment