hsd31
05-12 10:44 AM
In principle the main criteria would be whether the job requires a person with a masters or higher degree. If the company can prove that the job description and requirements match that for a person with masters then he would qualify. Again this is based on my awareness from reading various posts on the IV and similar websites. The attorney would be the best to decide. I know many of our friends in the IV have masters but the main problem they are facing is that the job description does not specify a masters. So the employer hesitates to reaply in EB2 catagory. If your husband fits in then I believe all he has to do is to file another 140 and port the PD of the EB3 application.
How frustating this can be, right? :(
The above statement is incorrect. You will have to re-file the LC in addition to the I-140 for a port. There is some more info on Eb3 to Eb2 here: Upgrading from EB3 to EB2 (http://www.imminfo.com/Library/green_cards/EB/upgrading_eb3_eb2.html)
How frustating this can be, right? :(
The above statement is incorrect. You will have to re-file the LC in addition to the I-140 for a port. There is some more info on Eb3 to Eb2 here: Upgrading from EB3 to EB2 (http://www.imminfo.com/Library/green_cards/EB/upgrading_eb3_eb2.html)
wallpaper Best Disney Pixar Production
StuckInTheMuck
09-02 01:53 PM
Is your RFE regarding Medical?
Did you sent your Medical Reports?
Any Good news after Medical reports sent?
Sorry for the late reply. Yes the RFE was for medical (for me and spouse) as I thought. We sent response on Aug 12, got hard LUD ("response received, case processing resumed") Aug 19, then soft LUDs on Aug 20, 21, 26 and 27, and nothing after that.
Did you sent your Medical Reports?
Any Good news after Medical reports sent?
Sorry for the late reply. Yes the RFE was for medical (for me and spouse) as I thought. We sent response on Aug 12, got hard LUD ("response received, case processing resumed") Aug 19, then soft LUDs on Aug 20, 21, 26 and 27, and nothing after that.
tnite
06-26 10:09 AM
what happens if the passport gets stamped and got a new I94 in the vancouver airport and no inspection after coming back to US.
what should we enter as last entry into us
Then put the Vancouver visit as the last entry.
what should we enter as last entry into us
Then put the Vancouver visit as the last entry.
2011 Disney/Pixar#39;s Cars
jsb
10-26 03:06 PM
Has anybody changed from Attorney to No Attorney? G-28 form has instructions on how to change an attorney, but there is nothing to cancel it altogether.
more...
gcisadawg
04-13 10:22 AM
I have recently switched the job using AC21. I have to move my 401K from my old previous company but here is the issue: in my new company I will not be eligible for the 401 till I complete 6 months with the new company.
If thinking of moving it to IRA account, please let me know what is the procedure involved?
I will really appreciate if some can suggest me what are my other options.
Thanks,
You have multiple options.
1> Just keep the money with your old company. This is possible if the balance is above 5K.
You can shift as soon as you set up a new 401K plan with your new company. Check with your current HR if they allow this. In my company, they do allow this.
2> Shift the money to a new/exsisting IRA.
Either case, first open the account and ask your current 401K custodian to write a cheque to new 401K/IRA custodian. If they write a cheque directly to you, they may withhold tax.
If you don't deposit within specific time period then you would incur tax and 10% penalty.
-GCisaDawg
If thinking of moving it to IRA account, please let me know what is the procedure involved?
I will really appreciate if some can suggest me what are my other options.
Thanks,
You have multiple options.
1> Just keep the money with your old company. This is possible if the balance is above 5K.
You can shift as soon as you set up a new 401K plan with your new company. Check with your current HR if they allow this. In my company, they do allow this.
2> Shift the money to a new/exsisting IRA.
Either case, first open the account and ask your current 401K custodian to write a cheque to new 401K/IRA custodian. If they write a cheque directly to you, they may withhold tax.
If you don't deposit within specific time period then you would incur tax and 10% penalty.
-GCisaDawg
chanduv23
08-15 08:08 AM
No one is intrested in knowing the facts?
more...
srisra
07-13 09:25 PM
my lawyer says... apply now.. dont know what will be situ in october.. it might go forward.. backward...my pd is 10/2003.
he says since my medicals are over.. all docs are ready ... so he says file and be part of lawsuit..
is this wise idea...if i say yes.. he will file by next week..
i already sent money for my wife...
my company is not covering my wife's expenses.
the lawyer is charing 600 for legal and 745 for filing...
are these
reasonable fees
he says since my medicals are over.. all docs are ready ... so he says file and be part of lawsuit..
is this wise idea...if i say yes.. he will file by next week..
i already sent money for my wife...
my company is not covering my wife's expenses.
the lawyer is charing 600 for legal and 745 for filing...
are these
reasonable fees
2010 Disney/Pixar movie Cars
vijse
12-14 08:20 PM
I just realised that there is the wrong expiration date on my i-94 when I came back from a visit to India in Feb 2006.
The officer did not put the date according to the 797 which expires in 2007 .He put the expiration date as per the visa stamp.
My visa in my passport has also expired in April 2006.
My company is filing for 1485 and the lawyer just noticed it .
What are my options ?
The officer did not put the date according to the 797 which expires in 2007 .He put the expiration date as per the visa stamp.
My visa in my passport has also expired in April 2006.
My company is filing for 1485 and the lawyer just noticed it .
What are my options ?
more...
deafTunes123
11-13 03:01 PM
I am curious. What is WOM?
To my knowledge there is no way to expedite the AOS process.
Gurus?
To my knowledge there is no way to expedite the AOS process.
Gurus?
hair Mattel Disney Pixar CARS:
ItIsNotFunny
04-06 12:41 PM
Very good article. Last few days we are getting some encouraging attention from high profile people. Let's get benefit out of it.
more...
senthil1
01-07 11:02 PM
Most SAP jobs are stressful. SAP Functional consultant jobs does not require heavy coding but most jobs are stressful and also contract jobs are uncertain and short but can get good rates
I think QA jobs are relaxing. I don't know about SAP job. And there are only few engineer QA in my company. All other are just with some other bachelor degree. I think company has very hard time finding expert QA and they hire anybody for that job and pay decent salary.
I think QA jobs are relaxing. I don't know about SAP job. And there are only few engineer QA in my company. All other are just with some other bachelor degree. I think company has very hard time finding expert QA and they hire anybody for that job and pay decent salary.
hot disney pixar cars chair and
qualified_trash
01-08 03:33 PM
you guys are missing the point. contest rules have to be followed to the letter because they are a legal contract. if the rules state that the parents have to be legal residents then that's the way it is. if they decide to change the rules for the next contest due to political pressure , fine. but now they are opening themselves up to lawsuits for not following their own contract. i think it's funny how so many people are in favor of breaking the law as long as it suits their agenda. oh wait these are all people in favor of people breaking the law to come to america illegally. correct me if i'm wrong.
why are we assuming that the parents are illegals?? as far as I know, it has not been reported anywhere in the media that the parents were here illegally. if it has, please post relevant links.
as for being a legal resident, do the rules state that you need to be a legal resident for immigration benefits or tax benefits?
For IRS purposes, 180 days or more on a valid non immig. worker status and you are a legal resident.....
why are we assuming that the parents are illegals?? as far as I know, it has not been reported anywhere in the media that the parents were here illegally. if it has, please post relevant links.
as for being a legal resident, do the rules state that you need to be a legal resident for immigration benefits or tax benefits?
For IRS purposes, 180 days or more on a valid non immig. worker status and you are a legal resident.....
more...
house Disney Pixar Cars Panel
paskal
11-09 12:23 PM
calling on your high skills...iv is you and me...remember!!
tattoo Disney Pixar Cars 9 Bin Toy
GCard_Dream
03-06 05:10 PM
I just wanted to make a comment. I don't have anything against color red; in fact I like red :) . It's not the red dot that bothers me; it's the delay in the GC processing. Peace.
I guess there are some anti-immigrants on the forum who is determined to discourage members by giving red dots. I see too many people receiving red dots for no reason now a days.
Solution. just ignore them.
I guess there are some anti-immigrants on the forum who is determined to discourage members by giving red dots. I see too many people receiving red dots for no reason now a days.
Solution. just ignore them.
more...
pictures Disney Pixar Studio Art Prints
RDB
08-28 02:39 PM
Dude, if your profile is genuine, that does indicate something - my PD is also Nov. 2005, EB3-I. Both of us got 1 year EAD instead of 2.......hmm.....my attorney called USCIS and according to the attorney they (USCIS rep) couldn't tell them the reason for 1 year EAD.......asked me to do infopass!
mate i am in the same boat as you. but I personally don't think anything can be done to change that. It is completely based on IO's judgement when approving application.
mate i am in the same boat as you. but I personally don't think anything can be done to change that. It is completely based on IO's judgement when approving application.
dresses Disney/Pixar Presents:
learning01
05-11 01:03 PM
Audio Link (http://www.npr.org/templates/rundowns/rundown.php?prgId=3) on Internet and Click on Listen.
A while ago, it used to be that the stream was cut off after one hour. Off late, I am not listening. Also check your local public radio. In CO it is www.cpr.org
For funding reasons, NPR has veered away from its middle of the road position in the last 5 years. Thus, in my view, it lost neutrality and my listenership.
can we listen to this program online?
A while ago, it used to be that the stream was cut off after one hour. Off late, I am not listening. Also check your local public radio. In CO it is www.cpr.org
For funding reasons, NPR has veered away from its middle of the road position in the last 5 years. Thus, in my view, it lost neutrality and my listenership.
can we listen to this program online?
more...
makeup Disney/Pixar “Cars” Hudson
baba84
04-30 11:38 AM
We are a small group, and most of our provisions are reasonable, and hopefully we can get our provisions passed. I wish the same for the undocumented too. If it happens in one bill all the better!
girlfriend Cars: Disney Pixar Characters
man-woman-and-gc
03-27 09:17 AM
Thanks for ur response....I have'nt received any Interview notification yet from the USCIS or NBC.
hairstyles Disney/Pixar CARS Pit Crew
itsmesabby
07-06 02:57 PM
Using AP does not change one's immigration status. It is just a travel document. You will continue to maintain your H1-B even if you use the AP to re-enter.
Using AP has no relation to using EAD. I have confirmed this with my attorney as well.
Using AP has no relation to using EAD. I have confirmed this with my attorney as well.
ivjobs
11-06 06:44 PM
I dont wish to make this a publicity forum for companies or individuals, But it would be heartening to know about other successful entrepreneurs who have been in the similar shoe of this immigration mess. It would be nice if IV members can post their successful ventures in the yahoo group and inspire other members. Please refrain to advertise but feel free to share your experience as an entrepreneur and your successful ventures in the yahoo group.
gc_chahiye
12-18 11:32 PM
Thank you gc_chahiye for you nice explaination. I agreed with your comment on completing 180 days....will do that. I may invoke AC21 afterwards with EAD rather going with H1B transfer as that make better sense to me.....
Any sugessions.....???
Also I heard that the time limit of 6 months to apply the I-140 after the labor is approved is only applies to people who substuting the approved labor. I am not sure how far that is true, any clarifications would be great.
Thanks,
M
staying on H1 is always recomended as it gives you a safety net... Its your call.. If you are joining a company that does provide the H1 option, go for it.
LC substitution is dead. The rule limiting LC to 180 days came in the same set of regulations that banned LC substitutions, hence maybe the confusion, however the two are NOT tied. LCs are valid for 180 days period.
See http://www.murthy.com/nflash/nf_051607.html
Any sugessions.....???
Also I heard that the time limit of 6 months to apply the I-140 after the labor is approved is only applies to people who substuting the approved labor. I am not sure how far that is true, any clarifications would be great.
Thanks,
M
staying on H1 is always recomended as it gives you a safety net... Its your call.. If you are joining a company that does provide the H1 option, go for it.
LC substitution is dead. The rule limiting LC to 180 days came in the same set of regulations that banned LC substitutions, hence maybe the confusion, however the two are NOT tied. LCs are valid for 180 days period.
See http://www.murthy.com/nflash/nf_051607.html
No comments:
Post a Comment