reclusive46
May 5, 02:05 PM
Is it still ok to buy an iPhone right now? I don't want to go and get one and it become outdated next month. Also I'm assuming the next iPhone won't look dramatically different.
ghall
Jan 9, 09:30 AM
I hope iLife does come out today. I'm kind of bored with the '06 version. :D
that is, of course, unless Leopard is to be announced as available at the keynote. (Which it won't be.)
LOL
that is, of course, unless Leopard is to be announced as available at the keynote. (Which it won't be.)
LOL
H00513R
Apr 12, 08:30 AM
It sounds like you are regretting it already. But were you using them at all or were they in a closet somewhere? This might just be the same feeling when you give something away to Goodwill. If you haven't used it/thought of it in 6 months to a year, then get rid of it. If they were hanging up somewhere then maybe you should cancel your auction and bring those beauties home! :)
RugoseCone
Apr 5, 03:15 PM
Some one from some little European country kept daring me to try and catch up to them.
more...
bluap84
Feb 24, 09:41 AM
right i need a nap now...you have turned my brain to mush! haha.
i think i understand, im so use to stuff like drag a drop. NOOB! lol
i think i understand, im so use to stuff like drag a drop. NOOB! lol
scubabeano
Aug 26, 09:37 AM
Macs look better. period.
more...
JSage
Mar 17, 04:17 AM
I was going to get the first tube to Covent garden which gets in at 5:44. The bus is always an option though...
I'm beginning to consider not going to bed at all, going to my meagre 2hours of lectures from 9-11am (depending on whether I have my iPad 2 in hand, I'm really not bothered if I miss them) and then get some sleep in the afternoon.
So yeah, 4am would be good for me unless you wanted to get there a bit earlier? I imagine most people would be getting the first tube in actually...
I'm beginning to consider not going to bed at all, going to my meagre 2hours of lectures from 9-11am (depending on whether I have my iPad 2 in hand, I'm really not bothered if I miss them) and then get some sleep in the afternoon.
So yeah, 4am would be good for me unless you wanted to get there a bit earlier? I imagine most people would be getting the first tube in actually...
codymac
Apr 8, 01:30 PM
Interesting.
I've been futzing with the same thing for the past couple of evenings. My purpose has been to see if it's possible to pull back the value from the ALS and scale/modify the point at which the keyboard lights turn on & off. Up until this point, I've just been trying unsuccessfully to capture the ALS value.
FWIW, your code doesn't work for me, but your call, in my code, seems to (replacing my malformed IOConnectCallScalarMethod with your IOConnectCallMethod). Thanks for that.
:)
I think it's the part about accessing the ALS that might keep it out of the App Store. It was my understanding, when I tried to find some information, that this is the part that's unpublished.
I've been futzing with the same thing for the past couple of evenings. My purpose has been to see if it's possible to pull back the value from the ALS and scale/modify the point at which the keyboard lights turn on & off. Up until this point, I've just been trying unsuccessfully to capture the ALS value.
FWIW, your code doesn't work for me, but your call, in my code, seems to (replacing my malformed IOConnectCallScalarMethod with your IOConnectCallMethod). Thanks for that.
:)
I think it's the part about accessing the ALS that might keep it out of the App Store. It was my understanding, when I tried to find some information, that this is the part that's unpublished.
more...
Bobbytoad
May 1, 07:09 AM
would be interesting to know what cases - except the bumper actually fit the white phone as its now marginally fatter than its black brother
mrsir2009
Apr 6, 11:12 PM
Erase and Install.
Lesson: Don't install preview/beta OS over your original OS when you are relying on that machine.
+1. I'm going to wait till Lion has been out for 2-3 months and all the 3rd party software I use is compatible with it :D
Lesson: Don't install preview/beta OS over your original OS when you are relying on that machine.
+1. I'm going to wait till Lion has been out for 2-3 months and all the 3rd party software I use is compatible with it :D
more...
FireSokar
Mar 19, 06:58 PM
Simple, play dumb. Claim it was there when you got it.
zea mays
Jun 28, 01:06 PM
Got the socks! Thanks for the fast shipping and great transaction.
more...
phantomsd
Mar 11, 07:48 PM
Probably no point in going anymore huh? Dang... I didn't plan this launch day well enough!
azentropy
Jan 9, 12:30 PM
According to the text...
9:18 am we're only talking about the mac today
I'm guessing that is supposed to be "NOT talking about the mac today"...
9:18 am we're only talking about the mac today
I'm guessing that is supposed to be "NOT talking about the mac today"...
more...
pqft
Apr 30, 11:38 AM
I am having the same problem
Corrosive vinyl
Apr 3, 05:38 PM
I am new to go and don't know much about it, but am interested in it.. what are good resources to check out to learn how to play? either online or at the library, and what is that game otello, or is that a seperape entity?
more...
mif
Mar 23, 03:26 AM
Fine, fine. *envy*
Damn, always playing catch up. When i used wireframes, everyone was using flat shading. When i reached there, everyone was using texture mapped gourauds and phongs. After that was ray-tracing and now when i have implemented it with soft shadows, everyone is using path-tracing and derivatives. And my editor uses steam power. It took years to make.
Feel like Janina. (It's a Pin-Up. Model over 18 and in Finland pigtails no toddler make)
Trucks
Damn, always playing catch up. When i used wireframes, everyone was using flat shading. When i reached there, everyone was using texture mapped gourauds and phongs. After that was ray-tracing and now when i have implemented it with soft shadows, everyone is using path-tracing and derivatives. And my editor uses steam power. It took years to make.
Feel like Janina. (It's a Pin-Up. Model over 18 and in Finland pigtails no toddler make)
Trucks
scienide09
Jan 15, 08:17 AM
There are lots because no one has been buying in anticipation of either a) new models in the main store, or b) further refurb price reductions on the current gen when new models start hitting the refurb store.
Either way, refurbished products are a good way to grab a Mac at reduced prices.
Either way, refurbished products are a good way to grab a Mac at reduced prices.
Tom J
Oct 13, 04:44 PM
Good to know that these five things only apply to Apple.
MrMacMan
Oct 17, 03:45 PM
SOON. It may not come in a week, it may not come in a year, but I'll be goddamed if the military didn't have it already. :D
well it looks good, but does it run games? :D
well it looks good, but does it run games? :D
ChrisA
Apr 26, 06:19 PM
Hey, I have a few questions regarding recording interface and mics. All I want to be able to record is my guitar and voice at the same time and also separately. This is what I am looking at getting and I was just wondering on your opinions.
If it's an electric guitar and you want to plugit in directly then you are OK. But I'd go for an interface with two phantom powered XLR mic inputs then you can mic a guitar speaker cab or mic an acoustic guitar.
I like the Presonsus "audio box" but any good brand with specs like that will work.
One thing I look for is that the audio interface work on the Mac with no drivers to install. This way you never have to wait and hope that new drivers are available after an OS upgrade. Devices that are "class compliant" don't need drivers, other then those built into Mac OS.
Bottom line is you need to keep your options open on how to record the guitar and for different kinds of guitar like acoustic, acoustic with pickup, electric with direct plug in and a mic'd speaker. Until you've tried you don't know what you will like best. As an example, I'm building a speaker dummy load/simulator that will have an XLR line out. This will (I hope) capture the amp's tone (but not the speaker's tone) without need of a microphone -- it's good to try stuff.
As for a good vocal mic. Looks like you have the right kind, but the brand is a personal preference thing
If it's an electric guitar and you want to plugit in directly then you are OK. But I'd go for an interface with two phantom powered XLR mic inputs then you can mic a guitar speaker cab or mic an acoustic guitar.
I like the Presonsus "audio box" but any good brand with specs like that will work.
One thing I look for is that the audio interface work on the Mac with no drivers to install. This way you never have to wait and hope that new drivers are available after an OS upgrade. Devices that are "class compliant" don't need drivers, other then those built into Mac OS.
Bottom line is you need to keep your options open on how to record the guitar and for different kinds of guitar like acoustic, acoustic with pickup, electric with direct plug in and a mic'd speaker. Until you've tried you don't know what you will like best. As an example, I'm building a speaker dummy load/simulator that will have an XLR line out. This will (I hope) capture the amp's tone (but not the speaker's tone) without need of a microphone -- it's good to try stuff.
As for a good vocal mic. Looks like you have the right kind, but the brand is a personal preference thing
quasinormal
Apr 1, 06:29 PM
I just did clean installs on two 2011 MBPs. I'll mention what i did when I transferred my information , because for once everything turned out well. The data was on a HD removed from a dead MBP that was running 10.5.
I upgraded the old HD in firewire enclosure to 10.6 and ran all updates on it. I then ran the app CleanApp (http://www.syniumsoftware.com/cleanapp/) to remove programs from the old drive I didn't want any more. Migration agent was used transfer the applications. It appears 3rd party apps have the registration code transferred, but Pages asked for a reg. no.
With iTunes, i deleted the iTunes folder in Music on the new HD and then copied over the old iTunes folder. This worked and preserved all metadata.
edit- i should mention that Migration agent made a mess of transferring itunes. This could have been because i had my music files away from where itunes would normally find it. Before swapping itunes folders, I moved and renamed a few files so that both itunes folders matched.
I upgraded the old HD in firewire enclosure to 10.6 and ran all updates on it. I then ran the app CleanApp (http://www.syniumsoftware.com/cleanapp/) to remove programs from the old drive I didn't want any more. Migration agent was used transfer the applications. It appears 3rd party apps have the registration code transferred, but Pages asked for a reg. no.
With iTunes, i deleted the iTunes folder in Music on the new HD and then copied over the old iTunes folder. This worked and preserved all metadata.
edit- i should mention that Migration agent made a mess of transferring itunes. This could have been because i had my music files away from where itunes would normally find it. Before swapping itunes folders, I moved and renamed a few files so that both itunes folders matched.
jackerin
Jan 1, 09:04 AM
Don't bother getting a pressure sensitive keyboard unless you're already a proficient player.
I disagree. Pressure sensitivity opens possibilities for much more varied playing styles; even if he isn't proficient at the moment then a pressure sensitive one is much better to learn on. Without pressure sensitivity he might as well just use the option in Garageband to play using the computer keyboard.
I disagree. Pressure sensitivity opens possibilities for much more varied playing styles; even if he isn't proficient at the moment then a pressure sensitive one is much better to learn on. Without pressure sensitivity he might as well just use the option in Garageband to play using the computer keyboard.
kdoug
May 2, 08:53 PM
I did what parapup suggested.
I went with OWC with their data doubler combo which was the 128SSD (115 usable) with the optibay for 279. I then bought the optical drive housing for 24 from max upgrades total around 310.
Its about what I wanted to spend and hopefully I'll only use the HD for data storage.
Stupid question, will the OSX install disc boot from the external drive or do I need to replace my main HD, then install osx, then replace the optical drive?
also, time machine will have no trouble right?
THANKS for all your help guys
It'll boot holding down the alt/option key. Time machine will have no troubles. Ideally the best time to do this is when your computer is new and you can clone your virgin disk with CCC. You than copy that to another partition, lets say USB drive. You'll never have to use the optical drive again.
I went with OWC with their data doubler combo which was the 128SSD (115 usable) with the optibay for 279. I then bought the optical drive housing for 24 from max upgrades total around 310.
Its about what I wanted to spend and hopefully I'll only use the HD for data storage.
Stupid question, will the OSX install disc boot from the external drive or do I need to replace my main HD, then install osx, then replace the optical drive?
also, time machine will have no trouble right?
THANKS for all your help guys
It'll boot holding down the alt/option key. Time machine will have no troubles. Ideally the best time to do this is when your computer is new and you can clone your virgin disk with CCC. You than copy that to another partition, lets say USB drive. You'll never have to use the optical drive again.
No comments:
Post a Comment