alvindarkness
Apr 8, 12:04 PM
TRIM enabler is a hack, and some people have reported that their read/write speeds have dropped significantly after installing it on their macs. I'm worried that it even does the job, but I am guessing it just changes the kernel so that instead of saying 'No' it says 'Yes' under TRIM support in SERIAL-ATA.
It's not just changing the No to a Yes. You can confirm TRIM is working by using hfsdebug and dd, with and without the patch. The beachballs people get could be due to an over aggressive use of TRIM by the current kext's, guess we'll find out sooner or later.
It's not just changing the No to a Yes. You can confirm TRIM is working by using hfsdebug and dd, with and without the patch. The beachballs people get could be due to an over aggressive use of TRIM by the current kext's, guess we'll find out sooner or later.
patrick0brien
Feb 9, 04:38 PM
I think it would be particularly interesting to chart it back to the computer on the LEM of Apollo 11.
I remember something about the IBM Thinkpad 760XL I had in 1997 being something like 1,600x faster than it.
I remember something about the IBM Thinkpad 760XL I had in 1997 being something like 1,600x faster than it.
Consultant
Feb 24, 04:47 PM
I think that was Macrumorslive that was messed up
BLOND37
Jun 14, 12:20 AM
Good thing you reminded me about the mall opening time, I was thinking we would be able to line up outside but since my local Apple Store is in a mall we will only be able to start lining up once the mall opens, right?
my mall has a 24 hour parking garage so the mall is open 24 hours- though the stores arent..
my mall has a 24 hour parking garage so the mall is open 24 hours- though the stores arent..
more...
bedifferent
Mar 12, 10:32 AM
Hmmm, seems I may have read it wrong, I mistook "partition" as meaning another partition on your main HDD/SSD and glanced over the "external" and "internal" points. Yeah, been a long day, and being blond ain't helping lol
CanadaRAM
Sep 27, 05:39 PM
How long is a piece of string?
The Mini with adequate RAM will run all of those programs and is good value for the money if you already have a good monitor.
Is it going to be fast enough for your particular working environment? We can't tell.
The Mini with adequate RAM will run all of those programs and is good value for the money if you already have a good monitor.
Is it going to be fast enough for your particular working environment? We can't tell.
more...
Patmian212
Dec 15, 03:04 PM
I need an ATI PCI Video card that'll work with my PowerMac G3 B&W. I'm currently using an old PCI card from my old PowerMac 9600 so if I could replace it in time for christmas (I'm giving the computer away as a gift to my Grandma) then that would be fantastic.
I see some going on eBay so if I can't find one here I'll purchase one on there. I can pay via PayPal, or if you really want maybe we can trade somehting. Thanks! :)
Just outta curiosity, what GFX card is in the B+W now?
I see some going on eBay so if I can't find one here I'll purchase one on there. I can pay via PayPal, or if you really want maybe we can trade somehting. Thanks! :)
Just outta curiosity, what GFX card is in the B+W now?
doucy2
Dec 4, 01:29 PM
lol, good thing you sold it, but he paid high for a used shuffle. 99$ seems like a great price shipped but I hate the fact that the shuffle shuffles!
the shuffleing function can be turned off
btw i sent you a PM
the shuffleing function can be turned off
btw i sent you a PM
more...
63dot
Dec 6, 04:51 PM
Thanks in advance.
iphone3gs16gb
Apr 18, 12:34 PM
Why...?
16 MP in a phone for what?
16 MP in a phone for what?
more...
McGiord
Apr 5, 07:31 PM
iPhone 4.
metalmaniac
Jun 29, 07:25 PM
And wow I had never heard of the Pippin before.
I wanna try one now
I wanna try one now
more...
irok233
Jun 20, 11:42 PM
hey just wondering if anyone is going to the apple store in lehigh valley pa caus im going on launch and just wondering if anyone else is going:cool:
LVEB
May 5, 02:43 AM
Hi
I'm new in Mac and HDSLR editing, but very interest to work with HD edit.
So decided to purchase a PC or iMac/MacBookPro for mainly HDSLR (h.246) and Lightroom/PS/Apetuare photo editing.
My question is will the NEW iMac
-2.7GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
-AMD Radeon HD 6770M with 512MB
Fast enought for the above mention work ?
Kinda budget, so MacBookPro is my 2nd option.
or MacBookPro
2.0GHz quad-core Intel Core i7
Intel HD Graphics 3000
AMD Radeon HD 6490M with 256MB GDDR5
Which to go ?
Btw HD 6770M with 512MB / HD 6490M with 256MB GDDR5
or last (AMD Radeon HD 6970M with 1GB )
I'm new in Mac and HDSLR editing, but very interest to work with HD edit.
So decided to purchase a PC or iMac/MacBookPro for mainly HDSLR (h.246) and Lightroom/PS/Apetuare photo editing.
My question is will the NEW iMac
-2.7GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
-AMD Radeon HD 6770M with 512MB
Fast enought for the above mention work ?
Kinda budget, so MacBookPro is my 2nd option.
or MacBookPro
2.0GHz quad-core Intel Core i7
Intel HD Graphics 3000
AMD Radeon HD 6490M with 256MB GDDR5
Which to go ?
Btw HD 6770M with 512MB / HD 6490M with 256MB GDDR5
or last (AMD Radeon HD 6970M with 1GB )
more...
Blues003
Apr 25, 06:28 AM
A MBA with SandyBridge and 8GB of ram would be a really nice machine
Thing is, SandyBridge comes with slightly worse graphics. Would worse graphics affect music-creating software? I heard Garageband is GPU-intensive. Not so sure about Logic Pro.
Thing is, SandyBridge comes with slightly worse graphics. Would worse graphics affect music-creating software? I heard Garageband is GPU-intensive. Not so sure about Logic Pro.
OS X Dude
Jan 13, 05:49 AM
literally just got Logic Pro 9 this morning... all I can say is thank god for support pages on Apple's site :D
Not into electronic music really... but for a MIDI controller I'd go for a MicroKORG XL and a Kaoss Pad, as they could be adapted to be used for what I do (alternative, slightly proggish rock and blues.)
Not into electronic music really... but for a MIDI controller I'd go for a MicroKORG XL and a Kaoss Pad, as they could be adapted to be used for what I do (alternative, slightly proggish rock and blues.)
more...

Punkwaffle
Nov 4, 03:09 PM
you should try wordpress + flickr.
both are free, and once set up, you can snap pix on your cell phone and send them to a special email address that will automatically post them to your wordpress blog.
easy, breezy, beautiful.
both are free, and once set up, you can snap pix on your cell phone and send them to a special email address that will automatically post them to your wordpress blog.
easy, breezy, beautiful.
NickFalk
Dec 11, 03:41 AM
Hi there a few months back I upgraded my G4 733Mhz Quicksilver with a dual 1,6 Ghz card from Powerlogix. I initialy experienced some problems with the computer turning off on it's own accord after an hour or so of use. After changing the settings in the energy-panel to highest performance this seemed to stop.
Anyway I recently had the brilliant idea (not) of replacing the fan above my harddisk in the vain hope to reduce some noise (which has been the only negative side to my experience with this computer). Everything seemed to work fine initially but suddenly the machine once again started to switch off on it's own account.
I therefore put the original fan back, but the machine still switches off when I push it just a little bit too hard. Nothing fancy really, just a few apps open and running MAME. According to Powerlogix CPU Director was running just south of 109 F when the machine swithched off.
This of course makes me worry more than just a little bit.
My only*real hope is that I have maybe inserted the original fan backwards? Could someone just please tell me whether the sticker on the fan should point outwards into the computer or if it should be pointing away, into the "wall" not being visible.
Thanking you all in advance for your kind help! :)
Anyway I recently had the brilliant idea (not) of replacing the fan above my harddisk in the vain hope to reduce some noise (which has been the only negative side to my experience with this computer). Everything seemed to work fine initially but suddenly the machine once again started to switch off on it's own account.
I therefore put the original fan back, but the machine still switches off when I push it just a little bit too hard. Nothing fancy really, just a few apps open and running MAME. According to Powerlogix CPU Director was running just south of 109 F when the machine swithched off.
This of course makes me worry more than just a little bit.
My only*real hope is that I have maybe inserted the original fan backwards? Could someone just please tell me whether the sticker on the fan should point outwards into the computer or if it should be pointing away, into the "wall" not being visible.
Thanking you all in advance for your kind help! :)
Mr. Anderson
Sep 21, 12:16 AM
Ah, yeah, that's what I meant - thanks for the back up ed!
:D
D
:D
D
SideStepSociety
May 5, 07:21 PM
Have you tried a PRAM and/or SMC reset already?
martinX
Apr 4, 05:03 PM
What is your budget? What do you expect to do with the camera? What lighting conditions? Will you be recording audio using the camera or an external device? What mics do you have/plan to get? How will it be supported? What do you plan to edit with? What is your final output?
deanwaterman
Nov 30, 09:38 PM
I have a listing on ebay for my new iPod Shuffle, 1 GB. It is new, and this is a great price for anyone interested in the Shuffle. I will ship USPS Priority Mail for free also.
Here is the link to the ebay auction;
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5837007636
Also, only PayPal is accepted for this auction. I have a 100% feedback rating and score of 103, so you know I will take good care of you. I will ship out within 24 hours also.
Here is the link to the ebay auction;
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5837007636
Also, only PayPal is accepted for this auction. I have a 100% feedback rating and score of 103, so you know I will take good care of you. I will ship out within 24 hours also.
dantiston
Apr 12, 01:42 PM
Here's a screenshot. I'm eager to learn how this might be setup wrong, as I'm bewildered as to the problem.
vollspacken
Dec 28, 05:18 PM
it seems that this app also downloaded and installed:
- Stinky Wet Food 2.5.6
- Litterbox .014(beta)
- Shredded Upholstery Pro 7.2
- Catnip 3.3
- Trip To The Vet 4.4
Not only is this app not ready for prime time, but these dependencies are really hammering my drive space. And I now have worms.
haha, how did those pranksters get it uploaded???:D
vSpacken
- Stinky Wet Food 2.5.6
- Litterbox .014(beta)
- Shredded Upholstery Pro 7.2
- Catnip 3.3
- Trip To The Vet 4.4
Not only is this app not ready for prime time, but these dependencies are really hammering my drive space. And I now have worms.
haha, how did those pranksters get it uploaded???:D
vSpacken
No comments:
Post a Comment