man-woman-and-gc
08-18 11:42 AM
Hello,
My employer will be filing for my greencard (labour certification) within the next 2-3 months. I have a valid H1 B visa expiring next year. I was wondering if it is legal to travel outside the country at this stage ?
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you.
You should be good to travel as long as u have a valid H1-b for ur return trip.
My employer will be filing for my greencard (labour certification) within the next 2-3 months. I have a valid H1 B visa expiring next year. I was wondering if it is legal to travel outside the country at this stage ?
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you.
You should be good to travel as long as u have a valid H1-b for ur return trip.
wallpaper Curtis Stone talks about what
wandmaker
04-28 08:55 AM
Hello
I am on H1 and 3 months back i came to US.After one month i applied for SSN,but still didnt get that.
when i went to SS office for enquiry 1 week back, they told me that my immigration verification was not done yet. so i had to wait.
can anyone help me with this.
how many days will it took to complete the process??
is there any other way around........
please answer me ASAP.
It usually takes 8 weeks tops to complete (after all dig deeeeeeeep checks). Does your first & last name match on passport, 797 and I-94? - this is one of reasons for delay in issuing a SSN. My 2C
I am on H1 and 3 months back i came to US.After one month i applied for SSN,but still didnt get that.
when i went to SS office for enquiry 1 week back, they told me that my immigration verification was not done yet. so i had to wait.
can anyone help me with this.
how many days will it took to complete the process??
is there any other way around........
please answer me ASAP.
It usually takes 8 weeks tops to complete (after all dig deeeeeeeep checks). Does your first & last name match on passport, 797 and I-94? - this is one of reasons for delay in issuing a SSN. My 2C
sk.aggarwal
05-12 03:03 PM
Not sure what to say. But I believe in your original H1 petition requested dates of employment were only for one and a half month and I think you will get only that. Unless attorney files an amendment and documentation for additional 3 years. I dont think USCIS will even look at I-140 approval since it was not eve part of the packet
What is your attorney saying?
What is your attorney saying?
2011 Swotti - Curtis Stone, The

xyz
06-14 07:33 PM
Interesting findings in the USCIS Ombudsman report - 2007.
http://www.aila.org/content/fileviewer.aspx?docid=22650&linkid=162321
From the report:
Employment-Based (EB) Green Card Applications
(Annual Report pp. 32-37)
In FY 06, over 10,000 visas were lost because of slow processing of EB cases, even though USCIS had an estimated 100,000 to 150,000 pending applications for employment-based green cards. As of May 2007, the
State Department estimated that 40,000 EB visas may be lost in FY 07 if USCIS does not increase the
processing rate for green card applications. The Ombudsman attributes the slow rate of adjudications to inaccurate statistics and inefficient USCIS management of its workload. The problem will become significant in the coming fiscal year if there is a dramatic increase in EB green card applications, and a significant backlog is likely to develop if this problem goes unaddressed.
http://www.aila.org/content/fileviewer.aspx?docid=22650&linkid=162321
From the report:
Employment-Based (EB) Green Card Applications
(Annual Report pp. 32-37)
In FY 06, over 10,000 visas were lost because of slow processing of EB cases, even though USCIS had an estimated 100,000 to 150,000 pending applications for employment-based green cards. As of May 2007, the
State Department estimated that 40,000 EB visas may be lost in FY 07 if USCIS does not increase the
processing rate for green card applications. The Ombudsman attributes the slow rate of adjudications to inaccurate statistics and inefficient USCIS management of its workload. The problem will become significant in the coming fiscal year if there is a dramatic increase in EB green card applications, and a significant backlog is likely to develop if this problem goes unaddressed.
more...

thebullspeaks
03-06 11:06 PM
http://www.isnamerica.org
gparr
January 9th, 2004, 05:54 AM
Scott,
That'd be great. I sent you a private message. Your profile says you don't want e-mail and thus, I don't have your e-mail address.
Gary
That'd be great. I sent you a private message. Your profile says you don't want e-mail and thus, I don't have your e-mail address.
Gary