mikerr
Dec 21, 06:14 AM
Do we all like price fixing ?
Apple products are too often kept at RRP - not sure if its always by agreements with apple - "don't discount more than 10% or lose authorised reseller status"
Obviously good for apple products, but not for the consumer.
Apple products are too often kept at RRP - not sure if its always by agreements with apple - "don't discount more than 10% or lose authorised reseller status"
Obviously good for apple products, but not for the consumer.
DIMEZ
Dec 15, 10:29 PM
how do i make my top bar black???
264123
264123

Mala
Jan 12, 02:26 AM
If I could get Apple's programmers to make one change, the first would be to bring back the handy method of choosing what application to open from a web address in email.
Used to be that if you wanted to change this, you option-clicked on the address, and a list of applications came up.
This is now gone, and I have no idea how to change the browser that is the automatic choice.
Others? What would you change?
Used to be that if you wanted to change this, you option-clicked on the address, and a list of applications came up.
This is now gone, and I have no idea how to change the browser that is the automatic choice.
Others? What would you change?
alecgold
Dec 23, 01:13 AM
Whats puzzling me is how small companies can have huge problems with loss of data, networks that stop working, people getting home at three o'clock because the couldn't work from 10 that morning, people running to the next floor because their printers don't work, laptops that can't work wireless, updates and systemupgrades that don't work well so every computer in a company needs to be reinstalled. All those problems are pretty expensive, if you calculate the cost of 100% of your company not being able to work from 10 in the morning? I only see this in sme's but I doubt this is calculated into the tco at large companies.
I had less than a handful situations in the last 5 years where I had data or time lost since I switched. But I also had 4 laptops that had significant problems in the 3 months before I switched.
I don't doubt the enterprise it staff has good reasons to use the systems they do, but I'm sure it doesn't have anything to do with TCO. things like tco are impossible to calculate right. The time that an employee spends on downtime of his laptop, booting for the n-th time to hope you can get into this or that system. But also data loss when your computer crashes or some system hangs and it becomes unable to retrieve the work you've done for several hours.
If those problems only occur in sme's, perfect, never use os-x in an enterprise again. But as a user I do have the feeling that a lot of the true cost of it are not calculated. And as with everything in an enterprise, if it's not forecasted, calculated or kicked down from the top, it doesn't exist.
I had less than a handful situations in the last 5 years where I had data or time lost since I switched. But I also had 4 laptops that had significant problems in the 3 months before I switched.
I don't doubt the enterprise it staff has good reasons to use the systems they do, but I'm sure it doesn't have anything to do with TCO. things like tco are impossible to calculate right. The time that an employee spends on downtime of his laptop, booting for the n-th time to hope you can get into this or that system. But also data loss when your computer crashes or some system hangs and it becomes unable to retrieve the work you've done for several hours.
If those problems only occur in sme's, perfect, never use os-x in an enterprise again. But as a user I do have the feeling that a lot of the true cost of it are not calculated. And as with everything in an enterprise, if it's not forecasted, calculated or kicked down from the top, it doesn't exist.
more...
ziggyonice
Apr 30, 07:20 PM
Castle... I wonder if that name has any significance?
A stronghold for your stuff?
Heavily protected/guarded??
A free moat with every purchase???
A stronghold for your stuff?
Heavily protected/guarded??
A free moat with every purchase???
Thunderhawks
Apr 6, 12:08 PM
Sorry for the newbie question: will I need the largest iPod to fit that? Or will the base model do?
TIA
The CLASSIC can do it:-)
It will be released thinner and lighter, retina display, thunderbolt et al.
TIA
The CLASSIC can do it:-)
It will be released thinner and lighter, retina display, thunderbolt et al.
more...
PathVu
Feb 3, 06:54 AM
Using QuickPick App...
csect
Oct 1, 07:24 AM
Yeh, we use Notes at work too. Most every week we have to replace 3 ".dat" files or the thing won't even start up. But, then, it's not running on a Mac.
I'd love to see a list of big companies (in NYC) that use Macs. Really! :D
I'd love to see a list of big companies (in NYC) that use Macs. Really! :D
more...
Bern
Sep 24, 06:02 PM
If you're 18 and living under your parent's roof then you are obliged to follow their rules. Ok so you're legally an adult at 18, then quit leaching from your parents, reaping the rewards of living in their house, enjoying their hospitality and get your own place. But as long as you continue to take advantage of the good will of your parents hospitality then you follow the rules of their home.
Simple!
Simple!
swinneyn
Oct 28, 03:28 PM
http://att.macrumors.com/contest/94F219.png
Sorry i keep posting but i this is my last on i think.
Sorry i keep posting but i this is my last on i think.
more...
Patdt13
Oct 1, 02:14 PM
http://i56.tinypic.com/2dc5tzc.png

Kobushi
Dec 19, 12:03 AM
Another stickman Flash onion-skinned animation.
That's pretty nifty! Pardon my Flash ignorance, but what do you mean by Onion-skinned?
That's pretty nifty! Pardon my Flash ignorance, but what do you mean by Onion-skinned?
more...
inkswamp
Mar 31, 02:57 PM
Wow! Impressive work from Adobe. :eek:
You know, I was around in the mid-80s when the mouse and GUI first hit the market, and I recall the bickering amongst my fellow computer geeks about whether one could do real work with these new "toy" computers (which didn't phase me as I was also interested in desktop publishing and could sense where it was going.) Back then, there were merits to both sides of that debate, but over time, it's become clear that the mouse+GUI was far more powerful and flexible than at first perceived by the geek crowd.
I'm starting to see a lot of parallels between the touch interface devices and those days in the 80s. Every time I see/hear some geek declare the iPad a toy and useless for real work, I just think back to those days when my geek friends sneered at the Macs with the silly mouse and pretty GUI and wonder if history is repeating itself.
And then I see things like what Adobe is doing and I know it for a fact. We're seeing another revolution in computing happen, but most people won't acknowledge it for many years, until it's beyond obvious.
You know, I was around in the mid-80s when the mouse and GUI first hit the market, and I recall the bickering amongst my fellow computer geeks about whether one could do real work with these new "toy" computers (which didn't phase me as I was also interested in desktop publishing and could sense where it was going.) Back then, there were merits to both sides of that debate, but over time, it's become clear that the mouse+GUI was far more powerful and flexible than at first perceived by the geek crowd.
I'm starting to see a lot of parallels between the touch interface devices and those days in the 80s. Every time I see/hear some geek declare the iPad a toy and useless for real work, I just think back to those days when my geek friends sneered at the Macs with the silly mouse and pretty GUI and wonder if history is repeating itself.
And then I see things like what Adobe is doing and I know it for a fact. We're seeing another revolution in computing happen, but most people won't acknowledge it for many years, until it's beyond obvious.
Lord Blackadder
Mar 30, 02:13 PM
mmmm doesn't like streaming from tvcatchup.com
new frame twice a second but sound is ok. Vid card is radeon 9000 with 64mb.
Is that the issue or the paltry 512mb ram?
My guess is RAM is your biggest issue. I run 1GB in the system in my sig, and while that is adequate in OSX Tiger you're best off maxing the memory.
As for video cards, the Radeon 9000 is probably OK if you're not gaming, but if you are or if you want to take advantage of Core Image functionas then you need something better from this list (http://guides.macrumors.com/Core_Image#Supported_graphics_cards).
The Radeon 9800 Pro is the default choice for this machine based on performance, availability and cost. If you can find one of the rare OEM Radeon 9700 Pros you'll get a small performance boost. Plus, there are plenty of PC cards out there you can flash (I am running a GeForce 6800GT in my Digital Audio G4). Good luck.
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, or if you're already aware, but G4s can't really handle HD video playback, no matter how many upgrades you install. 480p is fine obviously, but even the fastest G4s fail to deal with 720p video. The G4 CPU simply doesn't have the oomph. Just something to consider.
new frame twice a second but sound is ok. Vid card is radeon 9000 with 64mb.
Is that the issue or the paltry 512mb ram?
My guess is RAM is your biggest issue. I run 1GB in the system in my sig, and while that is adequate in OSX Tiger you're best off maxing the memory.
As for video cards, the Radeon 9000 is probably OK if you're not gaming, but if you are or if you want to take advantage of Core Image functionas then you need something better from this list (http://guides.macrumors.com/Core_Image#Supported_graphics_cards).
The Radeon 9800 Pro is the default choice for this machine based on performance, availability and cost. If you can find one of the rare OEM Radeon 9700 Pros you'll get a small performance boost. Plus, there are plenty of PC cards out there you can flash (I am running a GeForce 6800GT in my Digital Audio G4). Good luck.
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, or if you're already aware, but G4s can't really handle HD video playback, no matter how many upgrades you install. 480p is fine obviously, but even the fastest G4s fail to deal with 720p video. The G4 CPU simply doesn't have the oomph. Just something to consider.
more...
msjones
Apr 22, 10:17 AM
Can you not just click and drag the icon off the dock? This is the usual way to remove icons.
wdlove
Sep 5, 01:22 PM
I'm with you in spirit. I'm a native Buckeye. Left Ohio in 1974 to enter the Air Force and never returned. I wish you well with meeting fellow MacRumor's members. ;)
more...
iCaleb
Sep 1, 01:13 AM
Wallpapers found here http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=§ion=&q=stream+of+light#/d1i9obp (http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=§ion=&q=stream+of+light#/d1i9obp)
http://browse.deviantart.com/customization/wallpaper/?q=Ad&order=9&offset=144#/d29l262

Charice: #39;I#39;m on Glee,

Charice Pempengco#39;s Pyramid. just kidding on the title.
http://browse.deviantart.com/customization/wallpaper/?q=Ad&order=9&offset=144#/d29l262
Kernow
Sep 27, 06:21 AM
All I can say is its about freakin' time. Next, how about a dynamic web-based interface for iDisk, so Windoze users don't have to install an application to use it from the desktop, and with the ability to individually password-protect folders?
I've probably got the wrong end of the stick as usual, but I use the web access for iDisk that is already there - I haven't downloaded any applications at all for my work Windows laptop. Is this what you meant, or was there something else on top of this?
I've probably got the wrong end of the stick as usual, but I use the web access for iDisk that is already there - I haven't downloaded any applications at all for my work Windows laptop. Is this what you meant, or was there something else on top of this?
Apple OC
Mar 13, 03:15 PM
^^^ lol ... advice from one Dude to another
Al Coholic
May 2, 10:18 PM
I have plenty of O+ to spare but it's about 90 Proof right now.
If it means anything I'm also an organ donor. (But I pity the poor bastard that gets my liver).
If it means anything I'm also an organ donor. (But I pity the poor bastard that gets my liver).
edesignuk
Feb 15, 08:28 AM
Good God Edesign you caught that Napster double post in less than a minute. :eek:
Luck of the draw. Just got back from getting lunch, hit "New Posts" and it was sitting there. With more of us around things *should* get caught quicker.
Luck of the draw. Just got back from getting lunch, hit "New Posts" and it was sitting there. With more of us around things *should* get caught quicker.
valiar
Oct 2, 03:26 AM
I, for one, see nothing great in that news.
Why?
Lotus Notes should simply go away. Forever. It is *that* horrible. :mad:
I know that I will get the usual canned response here from Notes fans ("but, you see, it is not just an email app, it is so much more...").
However, the client interface on Windows is beyond unusable (it is a horrible, terrible mess). It sucks as an email client. And it sucks as a database.
I have been forced to use it in my previous job, and I hated every minute of it.
By the way, I also did development on it... So i do know about all possible bells and whistles.
It is still horrible.
Why?
Lotus Notes should simply go away. Forever. It is *that* horrible. :mad:
I know that I will get the usual canned response here from Notes fans ("but, you see, it is not just an email app, it is so much more...").
However, the client interface on Windows is beyond unusable (it is a horrible, terrible mess). It sucks as an email client. And it sucks as a database.
I have been forced to use it in my previous job, and I hated every minute of it.
By the way, I also did development on it... So i do know about all possible bells and whistles.
It is still horrible.
Pika
Oct 9, 05:44 PM
Not the same app, totally new app.I purchased this app "again"... and...
- SimplyTweet have more features then Tweetie 2.
- Pay for each updates.
- Not much has changed from the previous one.
- Still no push notification.
- Only fancy design nothing new and exiting.
- SimplyTweet have more features then Tweetie 2.
- Pay for each updates.
- Not much has changed from the previous one.
- Still no push notification.
- Only fancy design nothing new and exiting.
partyBoy
Oct 13, 09:56 PM
Mine..
No comments:
Post a Comment