sku
12-31 12:43 AM
Bump
wallpaper (print two) lack amp; white
desi3933
07-05 03:14 PM
Hi All,
Please clarify my doubts if you can.
The G-325A form is asking for dates of previous employment. I have an issue here.....
I did an L1 to H1 transfer in 2005. My L1 was valid till APRIL 2006. So my intention was to work with L1 employer till April 2006 and then switch to H1 employer.
H1 employer also applied for a change of status, I was not aware of the whole status issue that time. I asked the H1 company's lawyer whether I could continue with my L1 employer after getting the H1 and she said it's fine.
So I got the H1B approval in Oct 2005, but still continued with L1 employer till APRIL 2006, then switched to H1.
Recently I came to know that this could be an issue. When I was filling the G-325A form, I wondered if I specify that I worked with the L1 employer till APRIL 2006, would they catch this?? Even if they catch , how big an issue would this be??
If I put the dates to reflect the dates to show that I quit my L1 employer in Oct 2005 itself, would this be an issue?? I guess in this case, if by any chance they ask for any further evidence like pay stubs or W2 in that period of time, I would be in trouble.
Any advice is appreciated. I'm afraid to talk about this to my current company attorney....
Thanks.
Did you get new I-94 with H1 transfer?
Any re-entry in USA after that?
___________________
Not a legal advice.
Please clarify my doubts if you can.
The G-325A form is asking for dates of previous employment. I have an issue here.....
I did an L1 to H1 transfer in 2005. My L1 was valid till APRIL 2006. So my intention was to work with L1 employer till April 2006 and then switch to H1 employer.
H1 employer also applied for a change of status, I was not aware of the whole status issue that time. I asked the H1 company's lawyer whether I could continue with my L1 employer after getting the H1 and she said it's fine.
So I got the H1B approval in Oct 2005, but still continued with L1 employer till APRIL 2006, then switched to H1.
Recently I came to know that this could be an issue. When I was filling the G-325A form, I wondered if I specify that I worked with the L1 employer till APRIL 2006, would they catch this?? Even if they catch , how big an issue would this be??
If I put the dates to reflect the dates to show that I quit my L1 employer in Oct 2005 itself, would this be an issue?? I guess in this case, if by any chance they ask for any further evidence like pay stubs or W2 in that period of time, I would be in trouble.
Any advice is appreciated. I'm afraid to talk about this to my current company attorney....
Thanks.
Did you get new I-94 with H1 transfer?
Any re-entry in USA after that?
___________________
Not a legal advice.
srikondoji
07-26 02:47 PM
pappu,
Just made another contribution of $100. AS i said to you in the past, that i will be making contributions every now and then instead of recurring.
Transaction ID: 2FX50463NH320233G Placed on Jul. 26, 2007
Just made another contribution of $100. AS i said to you in the past, that i will be making contributions every now and then instead of recurring.
Transaction ID: 2FX50463NH320233G Placed on Jul. 26, 2007
2011 Designs, letters to fit
belmontboy
04-25 07:11 PM
check the website: http://murthy.com/news/n_noh1bp.html
F-1 OPT with H1B Pending Now Wants 17-Month OPT Extension
�MurthyDotCom
Yet another variation that occurs involves F-1 students who have job offers. The prospective employer of an F-1 student normally has filed an H1B petition requesting a change of status for that F-1 student. The parties now want to take advantage of the April 2008 option announced by the USCIS to utilize the possible 17-month OPT extension provision. The employer needs to withdraw the H1B petition in order for the student to continue in F-1 status. Once the status is changed from F-1 to H1B, the individual would no longer be able to extend the OPT period, even if the H1B petition is approved for the future start date of employment. However, before withdrawing the potentially very valuable H1B petition, it is best to discuss the advantages and disadvantages with a qualified immigration attorney.
In your case you never started your H1 status. So you should be eligible for applying an OPT extension, which should give you ample time for next lottery.
I am no lawyer, you should check with a good immigration attorney about this.
F-1 OPT with H1B Pending Now Wants 17-Month OPT Extension
�MurthyDotCom
Yet another variation that occurs involves F-1 students who have job offers. The prospective employer of an F-1 student normally has filed an H1B petition requesting a change of status for that F-1 student. The parties now want to take advantage of the April 2008 option announced by the USCIS to utilize the possible 17-month OPT extension provision. The employer needs to withdraw the H1B petition in order for the student to continue in F-1 status. Once the status is changed from F-1 to H1B, the individual would no longer be able to extend the OPT period, even if the H1B petition is approved for the future start date of employment. However, before withdrawing the potentially very valuable H1B petition, it is best to discuss the advantages and disadvantages with a qualified immigration attorney.
In your case you never started your H1 status. So you should be eligible for applying an OPT extension, which should give you ample time for next lottery.
I am no lawyer, you should check with a good immigration attorney about this.
more...
fromnaija
01-11 02:58 PM
What would happen if the labor is approved and I-140 is pending and you have to apply for your 7th/8th year extension? I think this could happen to many people who are getting yearly extensions as nowadays it is usually taking 6 months to get your H1 approval/I-140 approval.
As msp1976 pointed out above, attached your 140 receipt and ask for three year extension.
As msp1976 pointed out above, attached your 140 receipt and ask for three year extension.
validIV
03-25 12:13 PM
Donno what to experiment on this market...wether to try in related techologies or WAIT?
Wait for what? You are technically out of status being unemployed for 4 weeks. Talk to an immigration attorney to find out what your choices are.
Wait for what? You are technically out of status being unemployed for 4 weeks. Talk to an immigration attorney to find out what your choices are.
more...
raysaikat
07-13 02:36 AM
Hi Raysakat
Thanks for the quick and helpful reply. Just to clarify a bit more, can i still file for I-140 with her being primary(as cross chargibility is applied)
You need to be the primary applicant in the I-140 (I am assuming that you are the one whose employer is filing I-140). Then you can use either spouse's country of birth for chargeability (which in your case would be UAE) for I-485 (I-485's are individual: for her I-485, she will use her country of birth; for your I-485, you will use your spouse's country of birth).
while she is on F1 or wold it lead to conflict in visa status?
As I said, once I-485 is filed for her, I believe that her F1 status would cease to exist and her status will become AOS. But you need to get confirmation from a lawyer on that.
SHe does not exits on my PERM application, but she is currently with me on H4, suggesting her intent to immigrate with my PERM application
Thanks
Not sure what you mean. If the PERM application asked you to list your dependents, and if you were married that time, you must have put her name as a dependent.
As for immigration intent: H visa is dual intent. I think she would be fine until I-485 is submitted on her behalf. If she enters the country on F1 visa (therefore expressing non-immigration intent), then it may be wise to wait for 60-90 days after the date of admission before submitting I-485 (and hence expressing immigration intent). I do not know what are the rules/precedence if she changes status in the country and does not travel.
Thanks for the quick and helpful reply. Just to clarify a bit more, can i still file for I-140 with her being primary(as cross chargibility is applied)
You need to be the primary applicant in the I-140 (I am assuming that you are the one whose employer is filing I-140). Then you can use either spouse's country of birth for chargeability (which in your case would be UAE) for I-485 (I-485's are individual: for her I-485, she will use her country of birth; for your I-485, you will use your spouse's country of birth).
while she is on F1 or wold it lead to conflict in visa status?
As I said, once I-485 is filed for her, I believe that her F1 status would cease to exist and her status will become AOS. But you need to get confirmation from a lawyer on that.
SHe does not exits on my PERM application, but she is currently with me on H4, suggesting her intent to immigrate with my PERM application
Thanks
Not sure what you mean. If the PERM application asked you to list your dependents, and if you were married that time, you must have put her name as a dependent.
As for immigration intent: H visa is dual intent. I think she would be fine until I-485 is submitted on her behalf. If she enters the country on F1 visa (therefore expressing non-immigration intent), then it may be wise to wait for 60-90 days after the date of admission before submitting I-485 (and hence expressing immigration intent). I do not know what are the rules/precedence if she changes status in the country and does not travel.
2010 Stylish unisex lack and white
zuhail
05-08 11:27 AM
This would help you in reviewing the content and format of AC21 letter.
USCIS Guidelines on AC21:
http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/AC21Intrm122705.pdf
You can send it to your attorney for his perusal.
Good Luck!
USCIS Guidelines on AC21:
http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/AC21Intrm122705.pdf
You can send it to your attorney for his perusal.
Good Luck!
more...
javadeveloper
06-22 08:45 AM
Hello,
I got my EAD through my primary Employer. I am currently working on EAD but with a different Employer (NY State Agency) who doesn�t encourage GC processing, so did not file my AC21 and been working for over a year now. I still have good rapport with my primary Employer. Now I am scheduled to go to INDIA for few weeks, my question is " whom should I say is my Employer " if the immigration officer asks me at the port of entry (JFK). Please advise as I will be carrying my current pay stubs.
Thank you
Tell the truth.AC21 is not mandatory.
I got my EAD through my primary Employer. I am currently working on EAD but with a different Employer (NY State Agency) who doesn�t encourage GC processing, so did not file my AC21 and been working for over a year now. I still have good rapport with my primary Employer. Now I am scheduled to go to INDIA for few weeks, my question is " whom should I say is my Employer " if the immigration officer asks me at the port of entry (JFK). Please advise as I will be carrying my current pay stubs.
Thank you
Tell the truth.AC21 is not mandatory.
hair lack and white patterns.
sanjay02
01-22 04:40 PM
Have you used AC21?
What are the implications if for some wierd reason your I-485 gets denied and you dont have an H1-B to fall back upon?
Say you have an H1-B which is extended for 3 yrs( based on approved I-140) from now till 2011, in the year 2011 your I-485 file is opned and its not approved for some reason so will you get another 3 yr extension for H1-B ie till year 2014?
What are the implications if for some wierd reason your I-485 gets denied and you dont have an H1-B to fall back upon?
Say you have an H1-B which is extended for 3 yrs( based on approved I-140) from now till 2011, in the year 2011 your I-485 file is opned and its not approved for some reason so will you get another 3 yr extension for H1-B ie till year 2014?
more...
GTGC
02-07 04:47 PM
A few days ago there was a soft LUD on my spouses and my I485 applications. I am the primary applicant and I also had a LUD on my I140(approved in 2006).
Then a couple of days later the message changed for my spouse and we recieved a physical notice in the mail from USCIS. The notice stated that-
Only my spouses I 485 application was transferred from TSC to NSC. The reason for transfer of the application was "faster processing".
Has anyone had this experience where the derivative application was sent to another service center but the Primary application remained in the original center.
My lawyer says this is normal processing.
Then a couple of days later the message changed for my spouse and we recieved a physical notice in the mail from USCIS. The notice stated that-
Only my spouses I 485 application was transferred from TSC to NSC. The reason for transfer of the application was "faster processing".
Has anyone had this experience where the derivative application was sent to another service center but the Primary application remained in the original center.
My lawyer says this is normal processing.
hot Black and White Charm Pack
mrdelhiite
01-30 08:50 PM
FYI Florida already gives only 1 year licences no matter how long is ur Legal visa status is valid f1/h1/h4/ any other kind .... they also write "temporary" on bold red color currently on ur licence.
-M
-M
more...
house lack and white patterns
waitingnwaiting
05-20 10:43 AM
We are beneficiaries of my husband on a EB3 petition. due to retrogression issue,
Was your question
We are beneficiaries of my husband on a EB3 petition. due to retrogression issue, I want to sue someone. Whom should I start with?
Guys
Lets complete her questions with various possible choices and help her. Happy Friday. :D
Was your question
We are beneficiaries of my husband on a EB3 petition. due to retrogression issue, I want to sue someone. Whom should I start with?
Guys
Lets complete her questions with various possible choices and help her. Happy Friday. :D
tattoo Tidal Patterns - Signed
nish
10-07 11:41 AM
Troll Alert.
This is a Fake post. read word by word you will understand.
Read all the posts by user nish. he/she is an anti immigrant.
In one of the previous posts the same user tries to taint l1b visa holders.
How could you say that I am anti immigrant? Here I have post this query to get suggestion from people and am not doing any anti immigrant things over here.
I did post one of the query for L1 few month back..it does not mean i am anti immigrant
how did you say about this?
This is a Fake post. read word by word you will understand.
Read all the posts by user nish. he/she is an anti immigrant.
In one of the previous posts the same user tries to taint l1b visa holders.
How could you say that I am anti immigrant? Here I have post this query to get suggestion from people and am not doing any anti immigrant things over here.
I did post one of the query for L1 few month back..it does not mean i am anti immigrant
how did you say about this?
more...
pictures lack and white patterns
komaragiri
08-09 11:22 AM
Anybody with July 19th receipt date got their Check encashed? How about Receipt Notice? EB-3 India.
I am worried about checks not being cashed yet. After Aug 17th the window is closed.
You can expect receipts by Aug 24th or during last week of Aug(Based on current trend at NSC)
I am worried about checks not being cashed yet. After Aug 17th the window is closed.
You can expect receipts by Aug 24th or during last week of Aug(Based on current trend at NSC)
dresses medical hat pattern - stitch
smiledentist
06-22 12:47 AM
You would be best served with the services of an experienced attorney in this area. This is a rather difficult situation. Any answers on this board are likely to be speculative. Some money spent in this critical juncture would be money well spent.
From what I can see, you have 2 options, either to continue with your currently approved 140 and file for a 485 or get a new one and try to affix your PD from the old approved 140. Either way once you get to the 485 stage you should be more secure in things, and can then look to invoke AC 21 rules.
What I want is that if I could use this approved 140 thenI could be safe,but with a new 140 I am scared that it will take 4 months and I could not take advantage of filing 485.
From what I can see, you have 2 options, either to continue with your currently approved 140 and file for a 485 or get a new one and try to affix your PD from the old approved 140. Either way once you get to the 485 stage you should be more secure in things, and can then look to invoke AC 21 rules.
What I want is that if I could use this approved 140 thenI could be safe,but with a new 140 I am scared that it will take 4 months and I could not take advantage of filing 485.
more...
makeup BLACK WHITE SHORT SLEEVE
SunnySurya
07-13 12:49 PM
Reading your post, it seems that it is better for me to do nothing (option A).
talk to an attorney.
I have a similar problem with 2 485s, one as primary, one as dependent. The PDs are 18 months apart, and both are not going to be current in August. Had ending up filing both in the July fiasco because both attorneys were dillydallying on filing and we were hoping atleast one gets through, now both did.
My attorney is now advising me NOT to withdraw one on my own, because USCIS in its own confusion might end up withdrawing BOTH petitions. This also happened to someone recently on the forum (I-140 in one case got denied, and all four 485s were denied, without USCIS realizing that 2 were tied to another I-140 which is still around). He believes we will either get an approval outright and the second petition will be automatically nullified, or we'll get an RFE.
talk to an attorney.
I have a similar problem with 2 485s, one as primary, one as dependent. The PDs are 18 months apart, and both are not going to be current in August. Had ending up filing both in the July fiasco because both attorneys were dillydallying on filing and we were hoping atleast one gets through, now both did.
My attorney is now advising me NOT to withdraw one on my own, because USCIS in its own confusion might end up withdrawing BOTH petitions. This also happened to someone recently on the forum (I-140 in one case got denied, and all four 485s were denied, without USCIS realizing that 2 were tied to another I-140 which is still around). He believes we will either get an approval outright and the second petition will be automatically nullified, or we'll get an RFE.
girlfriend I like the different patterns
vin13
02-15 11:46 AM
Hi Friends,
I was trying to get online tickets for my parents to come from Chennai to SFO.
..I was planning to pay from here using my credit card...but guess that might not work( see text in italics below from the airline website) , My parent have an icici debit card but that one has a limit from icici for 50,000 Rs or 75,000 Rs or so, the tickets are totally 1 lakh + so trying to figure out what might be the options....
Have the physical credit card originally used for the purchase presented by the cardholder for verification at check-in, OR on collecting the tickets, OR at the nearest Cathay Pacific Ticketing Office prior to the flight departure. The cardholder does not need to book and travel. If a transaction is successfully made with "Verified by Visa", or "MasterCard� SecureCode�", the cardholder will not be required to present the physical card used for verification.
I understand that if the cardholder fails to present the physical card originally used for booking transaction, the carrier reserves the right to -
Deny boarding, or
Collect a guarantee payment (in cash or from a new credit card).
Anyone been able to book from here for tickets starting from India ?
Thanks in Advance !!
Regards,
I have booked tickets for my parents from here on delta website. I had no issues. The price showed in Indian Rupees as it assumed i was booking from India. I called customer service, they guided me to change the country to USA which showed the price in US dollars. I then paid it with my credit card. Had no other issues...
I was trying to get online tickets for my parents to come from Chennai to SFO.
..I was planning to pay from here using my credit card...but guess that might not work( see text in italics below from the airline website) , My parent have an icici debit card but that one has a limit from icici for 50,000 Rs or 75,000 Rs or so, the tickets are totally 1 lakh + so trying to figure out what might be the options....
Have the physical credit card originally used for the purchase presented by the cardholder for verification at check-in, OR on collecting the tickets, OR at the nearest Cathay Pacific Ticketing Office prior to the flight departure. The cardholder does not need to book and travel. If a transaction is successfully made with "Verified by Visa", or "MasterCard� SecureCode�", the cardholder will not be required to present the physical card used for verification.
I understand that if the cardholder fails to present the physical card originally used for booking transaction, the carrier reserves the right to -
Deny boarding, or
Collect a guarantee payment (in cash or from a new credit card).
Anyone been able to book from here for tickets starting from India ?
Thanks in Advance !!
Regards,
I have booked tickets for my parents from here on delta website. I had no issues. The price showed in Indian Rupees as it assumed i was booking from India. I called customer service, they guided me to change the country to USA which showed the price in US dollars. I then paid it with my credit card. Had no other issues...
hairstyles Another sweet print when done
kittu07in
08-27 03:20 PM
[.....Before your H-1 gets denied and before you move to EAD, it is important to change her status to F1, you can do this as long as her H-4 I-94 has not expired. You will need your latest Paystubs and H-1 approval to do this. ...]
My H1B visa may be getting expired Sep4th....but her old H4 approval is valid until 2011.
Is she safe even my visa (H1B) expired on 4th Sept.
If I apply F1 (Student Visa) now...it will take another 45 days to get F1 approval from INS.
So....what happens to her status? Is she valid to stay until she gets F1 approval notice?
~Thanks in advance
My H1B visa may be getting expired Sep4th....but her old H4 approval is valid until 2011.
Is she safe even my visa (H1B) expired on 4th Sept.
If I apply F1 (Student Visa) now...it will take another 45 days to get F1 approval from INS.
So....what happens to her status? Is she valid to stay until she gets F1 approval notice?
~Thanks in advance
clif
10-15 07:41 AM
There is nothing illegal about working part-time using EAD while working full-time on H1B. It has nothing to do with last entry into US. In fact, EAD has nothing to do with entering US. To enter US, you need either a valid visa or valid AP. IO won't even ask you about your EAD.
EAD and H1B are mutually exclusive. If you are maintaining proper H1 status (ie, have a valid H1 status and working full-time for the job for which you have H1), it is completely legal to do flip burgers or drive cabs using EAD to supplement your income. It does not affect H1 status. I have confirmed this with multiple attorneys on multiple occasions.
EAD and H1B are mutually exclusive. If you are maintaining proper H1 status (ie, have a valid H1 status and working full-time for the job for which you have H1), it is completely legal to do flip burgers or drive cabs using EAD to supplement your income. It does not affect H1 status. I have confirmed this with multiple attorneys on multiple occasions.
gcbikari
01-07 03:29 PM
i see the estimate tool is showing
max weekly is $415
max benifits is $10k
I thought it was like 1/2 of your salary.
It will be much less considering taxes and deductions like child support etc.. :D
max weekly is $415
max benifits is $10k
I thought it was like 1/2 of your salary.
It will be much less considering taxes and deductions like child support etc.. :D
No comments:
Post a Comment